Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    goonstopher is offline Junior Member
    Consider Meridia

It will help control your appetite when times get tough and you really want the bad foods.

Also remember, the good feeling food gives you only last minutes if not seconds... The day feeling and health problems last forever.

boss is offline New Member
    Keep in mind this thread was from late 05! Its just an update. Meridia is just as unneccesary as surgery to lose weight.

Ya know dude, i saw the first post in this thread and actually laughed but felt sorry. Considering AAS was absolutley ridiculous in your state. But seeing posts like this makes me feel good to see that america still has hope and everyone is not going to succumb to the lazy lifestyle most have come accustomed to.

Boss, congratulations! I bet everyday you wake up with a big smile and a natural high for motivation and health. I was gunna cop out on doing a jog tonight becuase I overate my carbs after I lift. But you know what your post has inspired me to go out and burn the extra 600 calories I consumed.

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    great progress man am looking forward to watching this thread and getting my own motivation. keep it up and good luck

frank12391 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Muscle consumes energy, even at rest. It is living tissue, constantly rebuilding itself. Fatty tissue is from a metabolic standpoint just dead flab, with only a very small nutritional demand. So obviously, adding muscle will enable you to burn more energy, some of which will come from body fat, assuming proper diet. So get in the gym and lift. Cardio? Certainly! You might not be able to run well at your weight, but you can still shadow-box, or circuit train, or beat up the heavy bag, stuff like that. Combine creative cardio that suits your condition and body type with intensive progressive resistance training (i.e. lifting weights the way a bodybuilder trains) and it will be much easier to lose the fat.

Tell us a little about your eating habits. I notice that mose obese people eat a lot of sugars and other highly glycemic carbs. You need to forget that sugar or foods containing it even exist. Later, you can re-introduce sugars with your post-workout meal, but not now. Avoid potatoes, except for the skins. Easy on the pasta. No white bread or highly processed starches... a little rice is fine. Veggies are teriffic. Don't be afraid of red meat in reasonable quantity. The fats I see abused the most by fat people are the fats used in frying stuff. I never see fat people eating what I would consider to be too much red meat. That small amount of fat is far outweighed by the benefits of the protein that comes with it. Eggs are not just white pellets of death... they are a good and cheap source of protein. You can discard some of the yolks if your cholesterol levels are out of whack, but really, dietary cholesterol does not play as big a role in your serum cholesterol as you might think. So toss the fried stuff... toss the cookies and stuff, the sugar in your oats or coffee... forget about french fries for the next couple of years. Burgers are bad mostly because of the TREMENDOUS amount of animal fat, and the bun, which is full of partially hydrogenized vegetable oil and other methyl-ethyl-badshit. A nice grilled chicken breast or a barbecued turkey leg or a nice hunk of fresh tuna (do try it raw... check out a sushi bar for an introduction to this major nutritional delicacy) and some green beans with a touch of bacon for flavor, or fresh spinach leaves lightly sauteed in olive oil with maybe some green onion tops thrown in, a radish salad or some broccoli with just a touch of butter, and you are looking at a more balanced diet. From that point it is all about portion control. A few bites several times a day is better than a couple of large-ish meals because you don't get the big insulin spike. You can do this thing! Hit the diet forum and hey there are some guys there who really know their sh!t when it comes to diet.

A diet is not something that you just do until you lose some weight. Your diet is what you eat, period. You always have a diet. You can have a bad one, or a good one. You can have one that will eventually help you realize your goals, or one that will leave you bitter and disappointed, and yes, even hungry. You need to make changes in your GENERAL eating habits, not just specifics for a certain amount of time. This will be a major lifestyle change that will need to last your whole life.

Take your "before" pic now, and post it on your fridge, where you will see it every time you reach for that door to open it up. Take it naked or nearly so... let it all hang out. Swallow your pride. If you think fat is ugly, make the pic look plenty ugly. That is your disincentive to eat just to be eating. Do you have a "comfort food"? Lots of people do. Mine is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. I could cheerfully eat 3 pints a day of that stuff, but at 1260 calories per pint, two pints would pretty much make up my maintenance level of calories when off cycle. So I have to disassociate myself from that stuff except when it serves my purposes... like in a bulking cycle, for instance, or I might add a half pint for my cheat day while cutting. Watch the comfort food! Don't eat from boredom, either. I know people who do that. NOthing to do, so grab some chips and a brewski and flip some channels, yeah. I don't know what your eating habits are... but you do, and if you analyze them carefully, you will see where you can make changes to your benefit.

Weight gain or loss is simple arithmetic. Many factors are at work but it basically boils down to calories in vs calories out. You CAN find a level of total calories that will enable you to lose bodyweight. With proper diet and training, the loss will be mostly fat, not muscle. But the total bodyweight loss or gain ***ends on calories consumed vs calories expended as energy. The remainder does not just evaporate... it is stored... as FAT! So cut back the calories, but gradually. Starving yourself is counterproductive. Now remember that there is a difference between starving and feeling hungry! A hormone called Leptin exerts a lot of control over these feelings of hunger or fullness. It is not a DIRECT response to eating enough or not enough. Ignore those hunger pangs... they are illusory, brought on by a traitorious hormone. YOU decide if you are eating enough for proper nutrition, not some false sensation! This takes discipline, but your "before" pic is a good disincentive. Maybe put up a pic next to it of a male body similar to the one you seek. I know, sounds faggy, but don't tell anybody at work or at the bar and you are good to go LOL!
    Inspiring and, not just for the obese. All of us can take something from that!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    Ya know dude, i saw the first post in this thread and actually laughed but felt sorry. Considering AAS was absolutley ridiculous in your state. But seeing posts like this makes me feel good to see that america still has hope and everyone is not going to succumb to the lazy lifestyle most have come accustomed to.

Boss, congratulations! I bet everyday you wake up with a big smile and a natural high for motivation and health. I was gunna cop out on doing a jog tonight becuase I overate my carbs after I lift. But you know what your post has inspired me to go out and burn the extra 600 calories I consumed.

Thanx brotha! You know what? Im gonna go run tonight too as soon as Liddell vs Jackson UFC goes off.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    GREAT JOB !!! keep it and keep us posted.

SHAGGY is offline Member
    Just keep going at it and keep your eyes on the prize, everything is achievable with the right state of mind and sufficient willpower.
    Things that are easily achievable are never worth the minor effort you put in them, things that require sacrifice, determination and willpower are worth the effort and even when attempting to reach these goals it is rewarding to show such willpower and to stay true to yourself.

Keep it up, good luck and keep us posted.

SHAGGY

Decoder is offline Banned
    yeah dude i read this post 2 years ago. I think it was pretty weak to think you were ready for steriods after losing 150lbs. The hard way is the only way untill your ready

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Awesome, great job bro!

Your body is a work of art.. and u've done an amazing job thus far, sculpting down.
    In my eyes U are a bodybuilder also!

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Good luck ,Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Decoder
    yeah dude i read this post 2 years ago. I think it was pretty weak to think you were ready for steriods after losing 150lbs. The hard way is the only way untill your ready
    Most definetly correct. Ive been thinking about when the right time to start the muscling up will be. I lift now, but its only for strength not cosmetic, because my goal is steady reduction. I was thinking once I get down to about 210lbs I'll start my first cycle and work my way back up to about 235lbs of muscle. Does that make sense to any of you pros?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information