Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boss is offline New Member

Im gonna have gastric bypass surgery...

as my last resort. Im 23yrs old weigh 430lbs stand 6 ft even 45% bodyfat. I've been overweight all my life but ready to make a change.

I want to start a cycle to get solid while the fat goes off. Is it safe to cycle after surgey and any reccomendations on what anabolics to cycle?

Im already on a hard diet and exercise plan. but everything else is supplemental.
    I run in the mornings and i do weights in the day. im very athletic for my weight i only put on the extreme weight after a work injury I suffered at the age of seventeen
    that made me completly sedentary. I've rehabed my lower back so now Im ready.
    Surgery is an extreme measure for my problem with relapsing on diets because of the eating problems I have.

Any advice would be well appreciated.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Have you had extensive bloodwork done? If not, this would be my first priority

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    do the gastric bypass in my opinion. do not take steroids at your %

btw i mean to start the cycle after i lose 150lbs

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    I would stay far away from steroids if i were you. look into the GB surgery, talk to some doctors and see if thats right for you. Steroids are not meant to be used under your circumstances.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    its not a matter of how much u weight as much, but instead on if your body can take it. like vette said, get the blood work and continue to excercise and diet and eventually you should b able to meet your goals. steriods are not a magical solution to problems.

Give your body some time to recover and adjust from the surgery and to your new weight. Try lifting and cardio when you lose the 150 lbs, not AAS. Do you lift now?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to eat A LOT when taking steroids and GB surgery turns your stomach into the size of a golf ball so i dont see how you could take steroids after your surgery.

drsleep is offline New Member

Boss,

The advice I have for you in your extreme condition is to first have some blood work done thyroid, lipid panel and cardiac enzymes to make sure they are ok. I would then suggest doing a couple of cycles of Cytomel (T-3) and continue your diet and exercise program. The Cytomel speeds up your metabolism and the weight will begin to just fall off. This is if you really ever want to ever progress at weight lifting orbody building.

If you have the bypass it prevents your body from absorbing carbs, fat and protein, you would never be able to do a test cycle because you could not feed your body enough food to replenish it after having bypass.

Also if you loose the weight without surgery you will not have near the amount of loose skin to deal with as with the bypass.

But your long term health is the most important if your weight is causing health problems get the weight off !

Good Luck

Cool

Thanks my friends. I will get the blood work done. Also I will research cytomel before getting the gastro surgery. Lord knows I dont want loose floppy skin and Im still healthy enough, at least I think to lose the weight without getting cut on.
    Last edited by boss; 08-17-2005 at 09:46 PM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boss
    Thanks my friends. I will get the blood work done. Also I will research cytomel before getting the gastro surgery. Lord knows I dont want loose floppy skin and Im still healthy enough, at least I think to lose the weight without getting cut on.
    Yeah boss, try to do this without surgery if possible. Tell your doc you may want to postpone sugery to try and do this yourself. Hire a nutritionist for athletes. Ask for some referrals at the gym or somebody maybe here on AR. I don't recommend a hospital nutritionsist due to their recommendations are usually for sedantary people with no serious work out program. From what I'm reading from you is that you are willing to put in the work if you know how to get there? Is that right? I would work with a nutritionsist for 60 days then get a trainer for weights. You can do aerobic excercises, eat to maximize your metabolism and circuit training right now. That is the best thing to do.

I worked in the gym biz for 8 years back in the 90s. I love helping people, especially people that really need it and want it. We had a guy named Ed at a Gold's Gym I worked at that lost 180lbs in less than a year. Ed was dedicated like no other. I learned a lot from his determination and will to succeed. That carries over to about everything in life. His end weight was 212lbs at 6'3". Dude looked like a stud and he was a great inspiration to everybody.

Don't listen to people that say, you can't do it or you need surgery. You can do this without surgery. Like everybody said here, get blood work done. Test, cholestrol, thyroid, blood sugar, etc. Are you type 2 diabetes by any chance?

Make sure to show us some progress pictures as you start on this exciting journey.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Muscle consumes energy, even at rest. It is living tissue, constantly rebuilding itself. Fatty tissue is from a metabolic standpoint just dead flab, with only a very small nutritional demand. So obviously, adding muscle will enable you to burn more energy, some of which will come from body fat, assuming proper diet. So get in the gym and lift. Cardio? Certainly! You might not be able to run well at your weight, but you can still shadow-box, or circuit train, or beat up the heavy bag, stuff like that. Combine creative cardio that suits your condition and body type with intensive progressive resistance training (i.e. lifting weights the way a bodybuilder trains) and it will be much easier to lose the fat.

Tell us a little about your eating habits. I notice that mose obese people eat a lot of sugars and other highly glycemic carbs. You need to forget that sugar or foods containing it even exist. Later, you can re-introduce sugars with your post-workout meal, but not now. Avoid potatoes, except for the skins. Easy on the pasta. No white bread or highly processed starches... a little rice is fine. Veggies are teriffic. Don't be afraid of red meat in reasonable quantity. The fats I see abused the most by fat people are the fats used in frying stuff. I never see fat people eating what I would consider to be too much red meat. That small amount of fat is far outweighed by the benefits of the protein that comes with it. Eggs are not just white pellets of death... they are a good and cheap source of protein. You can discard some of the yolks if your cholesterol levels are out of whack, but really, dietary cholesterol does not play as big a role in your serum cholesterol as you might think. So toss the fried stuff... toss the cookies and stuff, the sugar in your oats or coffee... forget about french fries for the next couple of years. Burgers are bad mostly because of the TREMENDOUS amount of animal fat, and the bun, which is full of partially hydrogenized vegetable oil and other methyl-ethyl-badshit. A nice grilled chicken breast or a barbecued turkey leg or a nice hunk of fresh tuna (do try it raw... check out a sushi bar for an introduction to this major nutritional delicacy) and some green beans with a touch of bacon for flavor, or fresh spinach leaves lightly sauteed in olive oil with maybe some green onion tops thrown in, a radish salad or some broccoli with just a touch of butter, and you are looking at a more balanced diet. From that point it is all about portion control. A few bites several times a day is better than a couple of large-ish meals because you don't get the big insulin spike. You can do this thing! Hit the diet forum and hey there are some guys there who really know their sh!t when it comes to diet.

A diet is not something that you just do until you lose some weight. Your diet is what you eat, period. You always have a diet. You can have a bad one, or a good one. You can have one that will eventually help you realize your goals, or one that will leave you bitter and disappointed, and yes, even hungry. You need to make changes in your GENERAL eating habits, not just specifics for a certain amount of time. This will be a major lifestyle change that will need to last your whole life.

Take your "before" pic now, and post it on your fridge, where you will see it every time you reach for that door to open it up. Take it naked or nearly so... let it all hang out. Swallow your pride. If you think fat is ugly, make the pic look plenty ugly. That is your disincentive to eat just to be eating. Do you have a "comfort food"? Lots of people do. Mine is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. I could cheerfully eat 3 pints a day of that stuff, but at 1260 calories per pint, two pints would pretty much make up my maintenance level of calories when off cycle. So I have to disassociate myself from that stuff except when it serves my purposes... like in a bulking cycle, for instance, or I might add a half pint for my cheat day while cutting. Watch the comfort food! Don't eat from boredom, either. I know people who do that. NOthing to do, so grab some chips and a brewski and flip some channels, yeah. I don't know what your eating habits are... but you do, and if you analyze them carefully, you will see where you can make changes to your benefit.

Weight gain or loss is simple arithmetic. Many factors are at work but it basically boils down to calories in vs calories out. You CAN find a level of total calories that will enable you to lose bodyweight. With proper diet and training, the loss will be mostly fat, not muscle. But the total bodyweight loss or gain depends on calories consumed vs calories expended as energy. The remainder does not just evaporate... it is stored... as FAT! So cut back the calories, but gradually. Starving yourself is counterproductive. Now remember that there is a difference between starving and feeling hungry! A hormone called Leptin exerts a lot of control over these feelings of hunger or fullness. It is not a DIRECT response to eating enough or not enough. Ignore those hunger pangs... they are illusory, brought on by a traitorious hormone. YOU decide if you are eating enough for proper nutrition, not some false sensation! This takes discipline, but your "before" pic is a good disincentive. Maybe put up a pic next to it of a male body similar to the one you seek. I know, sounds faggy, but don't tell anybody at work or at the bar and you are good to go LOL!

The gastric bypass is a dangerous procedure with a fairly high fatality rate and lots of complications. It is not easily reversible. You may find that after losing to your target weight, you cannot gain any muscle, due to not being able to digest enough calories and especially protein to bulk. If you decide to try a cycle or two, you will be thoroughly disappointed if you cannot eat enough to grow. Most people with whole, unaltered stomachs have trouble eating enough when on cycle. You will certainly not be able to eat enough! So I agree that you should postpone surgery and try one more time to get going on the fat loss. Two pounds a week is a good goal. Doesn't sound like much, but that is 52 lbs in only 6 months. If you can do that, then you can keep going until you reach an appropriate bodyweight for your height. Meanwhile, you will be training, right? building some muscle? It is hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, but a fat person can usually pull this off to a degree. As the fat drops off the muscle will begin to show. You will begin to assume a V shape instead of a pear shape. Chicks will pay attention to you, in a GOOD way... just strange chicks you run across in the street or in the stores. I used to be a big fat hairy slob... not 400+ pounds, but definitely not a stud muffin as far as the more desireable ladies were concerned. I remembered scoring often and well, in my youth, and I really missed that, chicks hitting on me cause I looked good, not just because I "seemed nice" or made good money or was White. When I started turning myself around at the age of 40, once again I was getting a fairly decent batting average, but now, the young chicks are half my age. Well, that's pretty cool... A strong incentive, when I start feeling lazy or greedy for more pizza or Ben and Jerry's. Funny what a little pu$$y will do to motivate you! So as you improve your physique, even modestly, get out there and swing the ol bat around a bit. If you are married, I guess that's out, but if you are single, get out there and mingle. When chicks notice you have lost weight, it will really make you feel good about yourself. (or guys, whatever your pleasure)

Good luck with this thing. It is never too late to turn your life around. The game isn't over until you're dead. You don't lose until you give up.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    I know someone who had gastric bypass surgery and it pretty much saved their life. It is a pretty intense surgery as to what they do. There is not a high mortality rate. Perhaps there might be a higher mortality rate compared to other surgeries but that is due to the health of the patients, not the surgery. Morbidly obese patients will have a tougher time with all surgeries. If you have been overweight for a long time and have tried many other options then gastric bypass is for you.

You will have to have a full blood panel done before surgery. And most good surgeons that do this make you go to psychologists and classes before and after your surgery. It is a life changing deal and you have to be mentally prepared for what to expect. No more big meals, no more beer, no more soda etc. The good thing is that you can still eat almost anything you want. Just a whole lot less of it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Muscle consumes energy, even at rest. It is living tissue, constantly rebuilding itself. Fatty tissue is from a metabolic standpoint just dead flab, with only a very small nutritional demand. So obviously, adding muscle will enable you to burn more energy, some of which will come from body fat, assuming proper diet. So get in the gym and lift. Cardio? Certainly! You might not be able to run well at your weight, but you can still shadow-box, or circuit train, or beat up the heavy bag, stuff like that. Combine creative cardio that suits your condition and body type with intensive progressive resistance training (i.e. lifting weights the way a bodybuilder trains) and it will be much easier to lose the fat.

Tell us a little about your eating habits. I notice that mose obese people eat a lot of sugars and other highly glycemic carbs. You need to forget that sugar or foods containing it even exist. Later, you can re-introduce sugars with your post-workout meal, but not now. Avoid potatoes, except for the skins. Easy on the pasta. No white bread or highly processed starches... a little rice is fine. Veggies are teriffic. Don't be afraid of red meat in reasonable quantity. The fats I see abused the most by fat people are the fats used in frying stuff. I never see fat people eating what I would consider to be too much red meat. That small amount of fat is far outweighed by the benefits of the protein that comes with it. Eggs are not just white pellets of death... they are a good and cheap source of protein. You can discard some of the yolks if your cholesterol levels are out of whack, but really, dietary cholesterol does not play as big a role in your serum cholesterol as you might think. So toss the fried stuff... toss the cookies and stuff, the sugar in your oats or coffee... forget about french fries for the next couple of years. Burgers are bad mostly because of the TREMENDOUS amount of animal fat, and the bun, which is full of partially hydrogenized vegetable oil and other methyl-ethyl-badshit. A nice grilled chicken breast or a barbecued turkey leg or a nice hunk of fresh tuna (do try it raw... check out a sushi bar for an introduction to this major nutritional delicacy) and some green beans with a touch of bacon for flavor, or fresh spinach leaves lightly sauteed in olive oil with maybe some green onion tops thrown in, a radish salad or some broccoli with just a touch of butter, and you are looking at a more balanced diet. From that point it is all about portion control. A few bites several times a day is better than a couple of large-ish meals because you don't get the big insulin spike. You can do this thing! Hit the diet forum and hey there are some guys there who really know their sh!t when it comes to diet.

A diet is not something that you just do until you lose some weight. Your diet is what you eat, period. You always have a diet. You can have a bad one, or a good one. You can have one that will eventually help you realize your goals, or one that will leave you bitter and disappointed, and yes, even hungry. You need to make changes in your GENERAL eating habits, not just specifics for a certain amount of time. This will be a major lifestyle change that will need to last your whole life.

Take your "before" pic now, and post it on your fridge, where you will see it every time you reach for that door to open it up. Take it naked or nearly so... let it all hang out. Swallow your pride. If you think fat is ugly, make the pic look plenty ugly. That is your disincentive to eat just to be eating. Do you have a "comfort food"? Lots of people do. Mine is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. I could cheerfully eat 3 pints a day of that stuff, but at 1260 calories per pint, two pints would pretty much make up my maintenance level of calories when off cycle. So I have to disassociate myself from that stuff except when it serves my purposes... like in a bulking cycle, for instance, or I might add a half pint for my cheat day while cutting. Watch the comfort food! Don't eat from boredom, either. I know people who do that. NOthing to do, so grab some chips and a brewski and flip some channels, yeah. I don't know what your eating habits are... but you do, and if you analyze them carefully, you will see where you can make changes to your benefit.

Weight gain or loss is simple arithmetic. Many factors are at work but it basically boils down to calories in vs calories out. You CAN find a level of total calories that will enable you to lose bodyweight. With proper diet and training, the loss will be mostly fat, not muscle. But the total bodyweight loss or gain depends on calories consumed vs calories expended as energy. The remainder does not just evaporate... it is stored... as FAT! So cut back the calories, but gradually. Starving yourself is counterproductive. Now remember that there is a difference between starving and feeling hungry! A hormone called Leptin exerts a lot of control over these feelings of hunger or fullness. It is not a DIRECT response to eating enough or not enough. Ignore those hunger pangs... they are illusory, brought on by a traitorious hormone. YOU decide if you are eating enough for proper nutrition, not some false sensation! This takes discipline, but your "before" pic is a good disincentive. Maybe put up a pic next to it of a male body similar to the one you seek. I know, sounds faggy, but don't tell anybody at work or at the bar and you are good to go LOL!

The gastric bypass is a dangerous procedure with a fairly high fatality rate and lots of complications. It is not easily reversible. You may find that after losing to your target weight, you cannot gain any muscle, due to not being able to digest enough calories and especially protein to bulk. If you decide to try a cycle or two, you will be thoroughly disappointed if you cannot eat enough to grow. Most people with whole, unaltered stomachs have trouble eating enough when on cycle. You will certainly not be able to eat enough! So I agree that you should postpone surgery and try one more time to get going on the fat loss. Two pounds a week is a good goal. Doesn't sound like much, but that is 52 lbs in only 6 months. If you can do that, then you can keep going until you reach an appropriate bodyweight for your height. Meanwhile, you will be training, right? building some muscle? It is hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, but a fat person can usually pull this off to a degree. As the fat drops off the muscle will begin to show. You will begin to assume a V shape instead of a pear shape. Chicks will pay attention to you, in a GOOD way... just strange chicks you run across in the street or in the stores. I used to be a big fat hairy slob... not 400+ pounds, but definitely not a stud muffin as far as the more desireable ladies were concerned. I remembered scoring often and well, in my youth, and I really missed that, chicks hitting on me cause I looked good, not just because I "seemed nice" or made good money or was White. When I started turning myself around at the age of 40, once again I was getting a fairly decent batting average, but now, the young chicks are half my age. Well, that's pretty cool... A strong incentive, when I start feeling lazy or greedy for more pizza or Ben and Jerry's. Funny what a little pu$$y will do to motivate you! So as you improve your physique, even modestly, get out there and swing the ol bat around a bit. If you are married, I guess that's out, but if you are single, get out there and mingle. When chicks notice you have lost weight, it will really make you feel good about yourself. (or guys, whatever your pleasure)

Good luck with this thing. It is never too late to turn your life around. The game isn't over until you're dead. You don't lose until you give up.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-
    Excellent post. You are my father, I know it.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Also at 400+ pounds I wouldnt be running, too much pressure on the knee, ankle and hip joints. I would be using a X-Trainer instead

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=The Baron]Muscle consumes energy, even at rest. It is living tissue, constantly rebuilding itself. Fatty tissue is from a metabolic standpoint just dead flab, with only a very small nutritional demand. So obviously, adding muscle will enable you to burn more energy, some of which will come from body fat, assuming proper diet. So get in the gym and lift. Cardio? Certainly! You might not be able to run well at your weight, but you can still shadow-box, or circuit train, or beat up the heavy bag, stuff like that. Combine creative cardio that suits your condition and body type with intensive progressive resistance training (i.e. lifting weights the way a bodybuilder trains) and it will be much easier to lose the fat.

QUOTE]
    damn good post, if this didn't motivate you to think about putting off the gastric bypass and trying on your own then i don't know what will. it all boils down to your mental state, if you are NOT going to make the decision to take off the weight, then nothing is going to help. I'd print this out and read it once a day while i decided what to do. good luck in whatever choice you make.

Oh, I forgot one thing I was going to add... A MRP shake is a great source of nutrition, especially protein, without a tremendous calorie penalty. You could substitute 2 or 3 Met-Rx shakes (my favorite brand... expensive but very good, tasty, and nice variety of flavors... try the Berry Blast.) for most of your regular food. Maybe one "ordinary" meal of small portions of food, heavy on the veggies, and then just Met-Rx the rest of the day, with raw veggies like carrots or broccoli tops or cauliflower for snacks in between. The nice thing about MRPs is that complete nutritional info is on the package. If you mix with say, skim milk, rather than water, you just add the calories and protein to what is already in the powder, and you have calculated most of your daily nutritional intake. If you aren't losing weight after a couple of weeks, cut back to two shakes and maintain your regular food meal. You do need some of this whole food, especially the veggies. You need some of that natural fiber as well as variety of taste. It isn't that much more expensive than eating just whole food, either. You can also compare different brands, if, for instance, you think you should concentrate more on cutting carbs. Just read the nutrition info on the box or envelope. A simple whey protein shake is not something you want to make the main part of your diet due to the lack of many nutrients. It is just for supplementing protein. An MRP is different, and is made to be used as an actual meal replacement.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think that it is great that you are viewing the board and you should take in all the information you can but in your particular case you should be under a physicians care. There are way to many variables that we simply don't know to really help you effectively and I don't want to see you do anything that may compromise your health.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    "The gastric bypass is a dangerous procedure with a fairly high fatality rate and lots of complications. It is not easily reversible. You may find that after losing to your target weight, you cannot gain any muscle, due to not being able to digest enough calories and especially protein to bulk."

-The Baron

My cousin and his wife were very over-weight; he was about 400 lbs. and she was close to 280 lbs. They both had the gastric bypass surgery and within a year they were both so skinny I hardly recognized them; I mean, their stomachs are now the size of shot-glasses. If they eat even a cup of clam chowder at a family gathering they get very ill.

I asked my cousin if he was going to start going to the gym to "bulk up" and he said that he's going to the gym again to do cardio and keep "in shape", but he can no longer eat enough to build himself up. His doctor went over this with him before they had the surgery and he decided that he would rather be thin and alive, than keep the option of building muscle. His wife also had several post-bypass hernia operations and will not be able to bear children. They have since adopted two fine kids, but they knew going into their surgery that there were bigger life issues at stake than just slimming down to look good. Their quality of life has improved one hundred times over, but he will never be a "big guy" again like his younger brother. Staying alive was worth it to them.

I like The Baron's advice. You sound motivated to change your body, and you already know your way to the gym. Diet and weights will get you to the point where you can add AAS to the program.

By-the-by... Guys who come to body-building from the "fat" end of the spectrum always get better results than guys who approach it from the "skinny" end. Just my personal observation.

Don't forget to take before pictures! You do this right, and you're going to become legendary.

BigLittletim
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 08-18-2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason: mis-spelling (sorry)

taylor26 is offline Member
    Hey man good luck with everything but take it easy for a while the surgery will be hard enough on your heart take it one step at a time. You're only 23 years old there's plenty of time ahead of you. And yes lets see progessive pictures. Keep us updated. Good luck

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I know a few people that have had it done, carbs are the enemy, since the small intestine is connected to the stomach, they don't digest very well. Remember when you've lost all the fat and try to gain muscle, your stomach isn't big enough to support the calorie intake for muscle growth. But at that weight I'd do it for health reasons

JohnnyB

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    baron you must type 100 words a min.

rager is offline Member
    My friend, get the surgery over and lose some more weight before thinking of any cycle.

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Ever check out Lap Ban instread??
    My Son has lost 125
    I think it is alot safer

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Ever check out Lap Ban instread??
    My Son has lost 125
    I think it is alot safer
    He had it done last Sept

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    I would look into the procedure that just ties a band around the intestine and it is reversable. Maybe that's what Geeezer is talking about.
    My brother in law had it done along with his gf 10 years ago. He got thin but not skinny but he developed esophagus problems with it and now he is fat again.
    It's not fool proof. You can stretch your stomach out again. Hi x girlfriend is big as a house again.
    Just be real careful and learn how to eat right .With dicipline the surgery will be a success but without it you will go back to the way you were. Good Luck!

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    I saw something on the TV about the operation

After the operation the fella couldn't eat more than 100g without feeling full!!

100g and you're full!

Excellent for loosing weight

Fvcking awful for bodybuilding

Also vitamins and minerals are not aborbed as well so people with that done have to be on special supplements the rest of their lives. Calcium defiencey is a problem which leads to osteporisis. Also iron.

Cool Thanks fellas.

Sorry for the late get back.

Im pretty damn tubby right now but I've always lifted weights since I played football in high school. I'm just so much more physically advanced than most people at this high weight are. I can still run without breathing heavy, I have no mobility problems whatsoever. Basically working out has never been something I cant or would not do. My problems have always been with the dieting and eating right. I live in Oklahoma where people eat rich heavy to greasy foods on a daily basis. I just got caught up in the trap so I got fat early in life. I got to 300lbs at 15 but I was just so athletic it never bothered me, It could be a genetic thing. I stayed around the same weight for about 4 years until a work related injury put me out of activity pretty much completly
    so now you have a guy with completley bad eating habits Pizza, Fried Chicken, Burritos, Double Cheeseburgers sitting around all day long with nothing to do. well now Ive hit rock bottom but a recent trip I took to the west coast and venice beach convinced me that I need a new direction.

I was seriously considering getting the surgey until I came on this board.
    You guys have given me good advice about what to eat and how to get my mind right mentally that I've never heard before.

Im just gonna stay doing it the hard way until I reach my goal of being 220lbs solid. I will post pics of my progress for you all too.

Quote Originally Posted by boss
    Sorry for the late get back.

Im pretty damn tubby right now but I've always lifted weights since I played football in high school. I'm just so much more physically advanced than most people at this high weight are. I can still run without breathing heavy, I have no mobility problems whatsoever. Basically working out has never been something I cant or would not do. My problems have always been with the dieting and eating right. I live in Oklahoma where people eat rich heavy to greasy foods on a daily basis. I just got caught up in the trap so I got fat early in life. I got to 300lbs at 15 but I was just so athletic it never bothered me, It could be a genetic thing. I stayed around the same weight for about 4 years until a work related injury put me out of activity pretty much completly
    so now you have a guy with completley bad eating habits Pizza, Fried Chicken, Burritos, Double Cheeseburgers sitting around all day long with nothing to do. well now Ive hit rock bottom but a recent trip I took to the west coast and venice beach convinced me that I need a new direction.

I was seriously considering getting the surgey until I came on this board.
    You guys have given me good advice about what to eat and how to get my mind right mentally that I've never heard before.

Im just gonna stay doing it the hard way until I reach my goal of being 220lbs solid. I will post pics of my progress for you all too.
    Yeah baby! Glad to hear that boss.... You can do this, set your goal and get there no matter what. Diet is the most important thing. Eat clean and often, that's the key to keep your metabolism up. ALWAYS eat breakfast, never skip.

Inspire us, boss! Keep up the take-no-prisoners attitude and you will whip this thing! BTW I happen to be snacking right now on a little smoked salmon, and iced-down radishes and carrot sticks. Tastes better than chicken fried steak and taters with greasy assed gravy all over it, to be sure.

Don't slack off! Keep your eye on the ball. Post an introduction in the diet forum like you did here, and read all the educational posts there. You could hit the training forums, too, for good ideas on a training program best suited for your needs. This is the steroid question forum and I guess we have gotten a bit off topic here. But hey, we just wanna help and you know what they say, "There, but for the grace of God, go I".

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Maybe. What's your Mama's name? I did get around a bit as a youngster.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    baron you must type 100 words a min.
    You get just as much done typing 1WPM for 100 minutes as you do typing 100wpm for 1 minute. Hey, I kicked the ol lady out and the ol gut wrench is still kinda lazy post-cycle, so not much to do around here but post-whore.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Baron: I have all the respect in the world for you.

Boss: Glad to hear you've decided to tackle your challenge. We know you can do it and are behind you 100% Keep us updated on your progress. We're all here for ya. Also, heed Baron's advice. He's one smart fella.

chest6 is offline Banned
    the baron comes through again
    Boss you can do it..stay dedicated and dont get off track no matter what..keep your eye on the goal

toobigforyou is offline Associate Member
    great advice in this post, i think i more motivated now too!! good luck boss!

Im Baacckk! Ok this shit here I posted 2 years ago makes me sick to my stomach! I havent started cycling yet because Im not ready yet but since this time Ive lost 115lbs the hard old fashioned way called bustin ass! I run, lift, climb shit I even do Tae Bo. Anything to get me to my goal weight of 212 lbs by November. I have zero patience nor respect for people who cop out with surgery to lose weight. Get off your tubby ass and walk. Stop eating all that damn sugar and carbs, and let your body burn its fat! Weight-Loss should only come to those who changed there Physicology, and Ive definetly changed my since I posted on here 2 years ago!

The first picture was around the time I posted the first message so I was about 430+

Now the second pic is the Other day at about 320. Now you may be looking at my new pic and saying damn he's still big as hell! But the key is I actually got bigger since I posted the original message of this thread! i topped out at 440lbs! I only started this thing Im doing in February, and I'll never fall off the wagon!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Im gonna have gastric bypass surgery...-kid_quik2.jpg   Im gonna have gastric bypass surgery...-2007-charles.jpg  
    Last edited by boss; 05-26-2007 at 06:43 PM.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress with this weightloss thing. Im having fun with it quite frankly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information