zumaz is offline New Member

expired steroids

whats the deal with expired steroids are they good for a year after expiration or is that the date you should discontinue use? If the brand matters I've got Ttokkyo Test Cyp which expires July 05 and planning on using until November 05, think its good to go?

jinos is offline Member
    It's fine as long as it's within one year.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Didn't know anyone still used TT. Had such a bad wrap. Used some last year, and worked great. Made me sore as hell though.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Should be fine. The further they go past their expiry, the more they lose their potency.

thats good I'm giving it to my buddies and I don't wanna do them wrong

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Careful storage will help extend the useful life. It won't go bad in such a way that it will be harmful, as long as the stopper and seal are intact. The worse that will happen is that the hormone breaks down and loses effectiveness. Keep your gear cool and out of the light, clean and dry, and you will be fine unless it was severely mistreated before you got it.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    the expiration date is when about 90% of the active compound is still left. but this isn't always the case. since this date is typically based on extrapolated data, it may be innacurate in some cases. some studies have found that very many drugs retain potency well past their expiration dates (sometimes even up to 15 years past the expiration date). tablets usually retain potency better than products in liquid form. proper storage and handling is also essential for maintaining potency of the product. once the product is open, the expiration date on the bottle can usually be thrown out the window. i don't recall if any steroids break down into harmful chemicals (in fact, the only med that comes to mind is tetracycline who's breakdown products can cause renal toxicity), so, as others have stated, the only downside is a continued loss in potency. i would discard the product at a certain point (possibly a year after the exp. date) just so that i'm not short-changing myself.

thanks good info

Thread Information