Georgie is offline Member

Why HCG subq....?

I have read here that you can take HCG subq or intramuscularly. My HRT doc told me to take it subq. However, on the instructions for my HCG perscription it says for "intramuscular use only". Why is this? The only answer my doc had to offer is don't worry you can do it both ways, but he didn't explain why. I am used to doing intramuscluar shots but have never done subq. I hope I am doing it right. I pinch some skin on the side of my stomach and stick the insulin needle in.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    IMO it works the same but for me it is one less IM injection and those subq shots are really quick and easy w/ no pain/scarring

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    you can do it both ways,there is however a higher absorbtion rate through IM injections

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I have done it both ways. Subcu with an insulin rig and IM with my regular IM rig. For less than 1/2cc I lean toward subcu, because there is less wastage in an insulin rig. For 1/2cc and over, I prefer IM because that much stuff is more comfortable taken IM, to me. Not much difference in effect, though I am sure IM must be at least marginally better for absorption.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    you can shoot it IM with a slin pin...just like using slin,,shoot it anywhere you want

Thread Information