Thread: Wine?

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Wine?

I've done the search and read the posts. My question is, would a nice glass of red wine or 2 max while ON be detremental? Not getting shitfaced, just a cople of nice glasses of wine with dinner when out with the family or friends?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    all varies on what you are taking, but generally, no. A glass or two of wine every once and a while should be okay... although, I usually suggest not drinking at all.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    They say a few glasses of red wine a day is good for you. I love red wine and would drink it everyday but I have a tendancy to drink more than a few glasses.

Obviously, taking oral AAS during a cycle is harder on your liver than injectibles. I would just stay away from all alcohol if taking orals. However, if you are doing inectibles then a glass or two from time to time really should be no problem. That is my opinion anyway. All depends on what kind of AAS and how much I would say.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Alot of people will say no, and some will say yes. There are many health benefits of drinking one or two glasses of red wine a day. I tried it "on", figuring it would be a good antioxadant & would lower my blood Pressure and maybee even help in going to sleep. But even at two glasses it still gave me a slight case of the night sweats (a sign of liver toxitity?), upon discontinuing it stopped immed. That is just me however it might work for you??? I say save it for off cycle, you'll benefit more. JMO

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Sure, you could and the effects would be minimal, but I make it a practice to avoid alcohol altogether while on cycle. it just makes sense bro.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    that is the only alcohol i drink any more. there are some night one in a while were i have a glass or two of wine. i dont see any thing wrong with it. but i drink wine if im taking orals no need for the ex stress on the live.

If you were off and wanted a drink with dinner, what would be your choice? Prob. the lowest cal, lowest sugar bev, of choice........diet tonic and a liquor?

SpiderRico is offline Member
    i say you as long as you dont get zhitfaced and make getting zhitfaced a habit I think it wont hurt at all now when you start pounding shots then I dont think thats ok.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    If you were off and wanted a drink with dinner, what would be your choice? Prob. the lowest cal, lowest sugar bev, of choice........diet tonic and a liquor?
    rye/run/vodka and diet... or water with lime. I know wine has sugar in it, but I don't feel as bloated in the morning after drinking red wine.

Bacardi has that new low carb vodka..........just picked some up........80 cals.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd get my diet situated first before drinking.

How u can think about alcohol after all of your diet faux pas is beyond me.

~SC~

diet faux pas ??? My diet is on point or pretty damn close. Now it's just a matter of trying it out. I got many of the bros on here to say it looks good after I tweaked it. I'm curious about wine and alcohol. Is that wrong? I'm strict as hell M-F, then like to go out for a nice dinner on the weekends. Or take in a Baseball game. Nothing better than a good resteraunt, clean food (grilled salmon, a steak, etc) and a glass of wine. Not talking about getting hammered SC.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, once a week on the cheat day or something is fine.

I just didn't know if you were drinking it one day or the week, or more than that, etc.
    When I saw you bought Bacardi I was just like, say what??????

~SC~

No, my fault. Bacardi maybe Friday or Sat. night. The other night we don't go out to eat. I don't have cheat days, as I'm not cutting right now and really never have the urge. Can't remember the last time I didnt eat clean. Must have been 5-6 years ago in school. However, the weekends are my time to enjoy, which many people do. As long as my protein is on, all else is fair game within reason. Might go to the folks for dinner, maybe a resteraunt, maybe some non-ww pasta...lol....

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    I am not an advocate of drinking at all while ON, however if you're going to have a drink here and there thats your choice and yes, red wine is probably your best choice. There are several studies out there now that show flavanoids in red wine are beneficial for your cv health. Not saying go nuts, but a glass of red wine is your best choice healthwise if you are going to drink. It also helps with digestion. Here's a few bits from 3 studies:

http://smart-publications.com/articl...710-Cardio.php

Thread Information