D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries

high blood pressure

My doc just told me my blood pressure is a little high: 140/70. The weird thing is that I run alot, and my heart rate is at a nice 48.

Think this is a side from the AAS? Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    its not high where you should be concerned but keep an eye on it and YES AND YES to your 2 questions

Unoid is offline Member
    your HR is low as shit. Are you a long distance runner?
    your bp ain't bad. when you get into the 160+/95+ range is when u should hop on some bp meds.

cb25 is offline Banned
    your BP is elevated, yes. but the lower # is in a good place, so i'm not as worried as i would be if it was 140/90+.

yes, it is most likely a side effect of AS. it's a very common one, in fact. i wouldn't worry too much yet, but keep an eye on it. get it tested regularly, and take action if it continues to increase.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    140 is a little bit high but nothing to worry about and 70 is great. Did you know Lance Armstrongs' resting heart rate is 43 or so bpm? Do you do lots of cardio type activities? That is low!
    Last edited by mark956101957; 08-18-2005 at 10:37 PM.

depdaddy is offline Member
    i personally dont think some of these cases they call high blood pressure is really high blood presure..usually when you go into the dr office they use the normal size cuff on most guys..everytime i go to the doc they say i have high blood pressure and start the spill that the drugs i use wil kill me etc..have them take you bp with a larger bp cuff this will show a great difference as well..when they use the correct size cuff for my arm my bp goes down 20 points right away..

dep

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    i personally dont think some of these cases they call high blood pressure is really high blood presure..usually when you go into the dr office they use the normal size cuff on most guys..everytime i go to the doc they say i have high blood pressure and start the spill that the drugs i use wil kill me etc..have them take you bp with a larger bp cuff this will show a great difference as well..when they use the correct size cuff for my arm my bp goes down 20 points right away..

dep
    great point by depdaddy. always make sure they're using the correct cuff size.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    My doc just told me my blood pressure is a little high: 140/70. The weird thing is that I run alot, and my heart rate is at a nice 48.

Think this is a side from the AAS? Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks
    He is right it is a little high. Deca and dbol will both put my top number around 140 in the evening. Check you bp in the morning, it will probably be alright.

I highly recommend buying a blood pressure monitor, they cost about $100 and are well worth it.

Thread Information