str8cubano is offline Junior Member

Does anavar convert to DHT at any dose at all?

So no worries about hairloss with oxandrolone? I have read some articles that say it conversts to DHT very little, and some that say it doesn't convert to DHT at all...for purposes of hairloss, how can it cause hair to fall out ?

Oxandrolone is a DHT-derivative, meaning, it is ALREADY Alpha-5 Reduced. It can NOT convert BACK to DHT once it has been metabolized.

In higher dosages, the androgenic buildup can cause hairloss in sensitive individuals.

would you consider 40mg/day higher doses? Last year, I took it..and did not shed...this year, i started taking it as I was sheding (from previous Test cycle) and Im on week 5. Im taking a shit cause IM shedding like a dog. I know from past exper. it did not cause me to shed, (anavar ), but maybe this time I should stop just in case.

If it does cause shedding in sensitive individuals, how long before you see actual shedding. The shedding that is occuring is from the test, so it be something I would see a few months from now, or simply as I take it day by day?...

bump

juict is offline Associate Member
    no i wouldnt say 40 mgs is a high dose...but you said anavar is a dht derivative and cant convert back....what about winny,thats a dht derivavtive which causes hairloss. i am just wondering what is the reason behind that

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i dont know of any one that had hair loss with var.

Winny converts into DHT--which directly causes hairloss.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you know you can take finasteride with test and you will not have that problem? Works great!

juict is offline Associate Member
    i wouldnt gurantee that you wouldnt have that problem...when i take test i still shed more even though ive been on finasteride for a year

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Winny is a DHT derivative also meaning it cannot be controlled with things like Proscar/Propecia

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Winny is a DHT derivative also meaning it cannot be controlled with things like Proscar/Propecia
    nope. it is already in a subform of dht and doesn t need 5ar to convert again, so proscar is useless.

What do you mean nope? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

What do you mean nope? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?
    nope is actually a pretty common word for no

Really, I thought your German was better than your English!

is that the same case with anavar ?

Really, I thought your German was better than your English!

it is, but I thought ur english would be better than mine

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Did you know you can take finasteride with test and you will not have that problem? Works great!
    Did you know that finasteride has caused many individuals to become hypogonadal? Did you know that finasteride can cause a decrease in strength and speed?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    Did you know that finasteride has caused many individuals to become hypogonadal? Did you know that finasteride can cause a decrease in strength and speed?

yes of course, it decreases the overall dht level...

As I said, Winny converts into DHT--which directly causes hairloss.

Oxandrolone is already Alpha-5 reduced, and can not convert back.

At 40mgs ED, you should have no hairloss whatsoever, unless you are EXTREMELY sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump A Holic
    As I said, Winny converts into DHT--which directly causes hairloss.

Oxandrolone is already Alpha-5 reduced, and can not convert back.

At 40mgs ED, you should have no hairloss whatsoever, unless you are EXTREMELY sensitive.
    gotcha..thanks for info...

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    I know from my experience that I have experienced hairloss from var at a dose of 30mg. I take propecia and lost nothing while on 500mgs test, I threw in var towards the end and within a few days I noticed hair coming out. This has happened to me on two seperate occasions. You can barely notice my hair thinning in the front but at 24 It should be much thicker. I don't thinki it was a coincidence so it can effect your hair.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Try taking test only for a lengthy period without the anavar and you will also probably notice hair loss towards the end of your cycle, since this is when hair loss usually occurs. You can't be sure that your hair loss was attributed to the anavar even if it happened on two separate occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetry101
    I know from my experience that I have experienced hairloss from var at a dose of 30mg. I take propecia and lost nothing while on 500mgs test, I threw in var towards the end and within a few days I noticed hair coming out. This has happened to me on two seperate occasions. You can barely notice my hair thinning in the front but at 24 It should be much thicker. I don't thinki it was a coincidence so it can effect your hair.
    when did you notice the hair loss from the anavar , while you were on the cycle? I saw some hairloss from test while week 5 I would say, but it got exaggerated 2 months later just like it did for me last year.

I started taking the var when I was already expereincing the hairloss from test, thinking it can't be that bad. "I'll stop shedding from the test eventually, but damn...its taking a while."

If someone were to expereince hairloss from test, how long before one stops shedding? And with the Var, when do you expereince hairloss if any at all? Immediately, or months after the cycle is over? IM thinking its not like test with long esters so I say immediately?

Logan13 is offline Banned

i do

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i dont know of any one that had hair loss with var.
    I know that the ex-mod Money Boss Hustla experienced major hairloss on Anavar .

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    FlyByU-,

I have taken just about every steroid out there and I know when I add var that immerdietely my hair came out, not shed but noticable enough. I've taken test by itself and have not experience hairloss at the end. Tren is what originally started my hair loss along with d-bol and winny all seperate occasions. I know my body good enough to notice hairloss. I just may be very sensitive but it is possible to lose some hair with anavar .
    The fact that the hairloss starts immedietely from taking the var and stops a week after discontinuations that is a good indicator it was the var. Some people take a sh#t loads of steroids and never lose a hair, others take anavar and lose some hair. This is what happened to me, I will now just stick to test and EQ.

Thread Information