ward065 is offline Member

Interesting article on body image...

Please move if you feel this is the wrong forum......

I just thought this was a great article

I used to perceive myself as having a terrible body and i used to feel really bad- just like the article suggests- when i saw ads with models in them. This was before i started lifting...

No longer does it bother me as my physique is now comparable to many of those you see in those ads. But i still have that dropping feeling when i see people- especially those around my age- have a bigger body than i do. Hopefully i won't feel that way for too much longer forever

anyone else feel this way?
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/men/...ody&floc=wn-np

cb25 is offline Banned
    good article, but it just scratches the surface.

i think most of us will never be happy with how we look...especially around those who are bigger, leaner, etc. the key is controlling that feeling into motivation, rather than let it depress you.

if you enjoyed that article, you should do a search on the "Adonis Complex" -- there have been some interesting articles written on that.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Never be happy with how you look, you can always improve. A fit body = a healthy body. learning that as I get older....

ward065 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    good article, but it just scratches the surface.

i think most of us will never be happy with how we look...especially around those who are bigger, leaner, etc. the key is controlling that feeling into motivation, rather than let it depress you.

if you enjoyed that article, you should do a search on the "Adonis Complex" -- there have been some interesting articles written on that.
    you are right- i originally had the sinking feeling really bad- but i let that feeling become a motivator over time. It didn't happen quick, but it did happen. And yes, there is always room for improvement

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    I think its a good thread and you are probably right that it belongs in the Lounge.

It would be an interesting study to determine why we find it important to develop to our bodies to their limits and then beyond.

Be it a Napoleon complex, Adonis complex, a fascination with the idea of perfection, I’m sure there are multitude of reason that we would be to support and argue.

Me, I’m just shallow. I still like to get looks and my choice of girls. At 47, it’s a lifestyle.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I feel my body is shvt and i hate what i see in the mirror. I have a problem of loose skin and some gyno issues. People say i look good and that i am stressing about nothing..... but they dont know what level i want to be at

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    I feel my body is shvt and i hate what i see in the mirror. I have a problem of loose skin and some gyno issues. People say i look good and that i am stressing about nothing..... but they dont know what level i want to be at

the same with me no matter how good i get when i look in the mirror i see shit

jinos is offline Member
    Good article. I'm never satisfied with how I look. Look at us.. We're acting like girls lookin in the mirror and sayin I'm fat. Puhahahahaha!!!

Thread Information