Justarting is offline Associate Member

Why does it seem like steroids don't "work" anymore?

Hey guys, I've done 3 cycles in my entire life and am on one right now being a pretty big one actually, 1.2 grams test enth and 600mg tren enth per week. My first and second cycles were pretty moderate, simply 500 mg test per week for both with the addition of 300 mg deca for the second cycle. I remember the feeling I got when I went on it. My weight shot up no matter what I ate and it seemed like that when I ate a lot (even though they were bulking drugs) the weight I gained was all lean mass. Not to say that I was lean by any means, but I could tell that I wasn't gaining any more fat. Not to mention the sex drive I had was through the roof, I was sweating pretty horribly and the acne I also got was at least noticeable, but not neccessarily bad. But on my third cycle, which I thought was pretty nice of prop, tren and eq, nothing much really happened. I cut cals WAY too low, and shut my thyroid down pretty hard. I came off the cycle and started eating maintenance cals and had a big weight (fat) rebound. On that cycle, I didn't experience sweats, acne, nothing really. No real muscle gain or results to speak of either but that could be attributed to my poor diet.

So here I am 7 weeks into this cycle of tren and test enth at big doses. I shot up 15 pounds (mainly water so i look soft) in the first 4 weeks and since then have started eating a somewhat "bulking" diet worht of CLEAN calories. I'm talking spotlessly clean, far more so than my first two bulk cycles which consisted of milk as a staple for protein sometimes (sugar). This one is all brown rice, post workout dextrose, lean protein, almonds/peanut butter, and oatmeal by the barrel full. The thing is, I can't even tell I'm on roids, the weight I gain seems to be a mix of fat and muscle, exactly like how it would be when I am natty. I don't have really any acne. I don't sweat nearly as bad as my first two cycles. I do cardio 5 times per week and still put on lots of fat with my muscle. It seems like, even with these higgggh doses for me, I am not noticing any changes (even in terms of side effects). I understand that I shouldn't expect the same results as my first cycle, but shouldn't I at LEAST get the same amount of sides with this high of a dose??? What's going on with me? Why don't I respond?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Bunk gear???

bunk gear? genetics?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    bunk gear would be my guess.

100% positive its not bunk. I make my own and (quite) a few of my friends have also made their own from the same batch of powder, and trust me there results tell me it is real.

Also, I don't think its really genetics because I'm not even that big? I'm like 190 right now at 5'10 and maybe 10-11 %
    Last edited by Justarting; 08-21-2005 at 05:50 PM.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    maybe its too much test for your size

ward065 is offline Member
    you never mentioned that you were eating any of your protien from meat sources.

This could be significant.

Your diet also should be somewhat balanced and include protein, carbs and fat.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Have you been taking a good amount of time off between cycles? If ot this is the reason since you can't possibly keep gaining 10lbs/Mo.

If you have taken enough time off I would look at your diet. Food is what makes magic happen. Protein shake your ass off and you won't gain without quality food.

ward065 is offline Member
    i was trying to say that diet is extremely important, certainly, absolutely 100% positively more important than AAS.

maybe you should post your diet and maybe your training routines?

got fina? is offline Member
    I have to agree with what everybody else said and would check out your diet.
    I have done many cycles of very low doses and they r still working wonders for me.

Instead of upping the doses of your cycles i would concentrate more on fixing your diet up a bit and youlll see where u went wrong.

Without a perfect diet plan steroids are worthless

Good luck............

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Quote Originally Posted by got fina?
    I have to agree with what everybody else said and would check out your diet.
    I have done many cycles of very low doses and they r still working wonders for me.

Instead of upping the doses of your cycles i would concentrate more on fixing your diet up a bit and youlll see where u went wrong.

Without a perfect diet plan steroids are worthless

Good luck............
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    maybe its too much test for your size

little-one is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I agree with this statement

nope, like i said, fibrous vegetables, unsaturate fats, oatmeal, i get 300 grams protein per day with only 40 of it being whey. The rest comes from ONLY chicken, steak, pork, eggs. The protein from other sources such as the little bit of cheese i eat I evne consider negligable as it is not an ideal source. I'm really puzzled still, the only thing is time off between cycles? What is the reasoning behind this?

Also whats strange is, I don't have a problem gaining muscle weight or antyhing. The thing is, I gain it at the same rate and same "leanness" as if when I'm natural, almost as if steroids make no difference.
    Last edited by Justarting; 08-21-2005 at 11:40 PM.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    1)bunk gear
    2)eating too much of the same things, your body MAY be rejecting foods, shorting you nutrients... (going thru you), cheat days? must have...
    3)training? train HARD 4-5 times week? Mix it up? Change routines?
    4)Rest - getting enough sleep?

that much tren should show some sides, at least a little... 75 tren ED show major sides with me..... sweats, insomnia, high BP, aggression etc... good shit though for sure.....

by the way, after the first few weeks, you plateau a bit, once the water is on... then look for 1-2 pds a week after that, lean muscle, on this cycle... this is whats happening to me right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    nope, like i said, fibrous vegetables, unsaturate fats, oatmeal, i get 300 grams protein per day with only 40 of it being whey. The rest comes from ONLY chicken, steak, pork, eggs. The protein from other sources such as the little bit of cheese i eat I evne consider negligable as it is not an ideal source. I'm really puzzled still, the only thing is time off between cycles? What is the reasoning behind this?
    how many grams of carbs and fats daily?

it's heavily dependant on whether i lift with weights that day. My carbohydrates are centered around mornign meals and especially post workout. My diet mainly follows 3500 cals to gain weight in a 40/40/20 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    it's heavily dependant on whether i lift with weights that day. My carbohydrates are centered around mornign meals and especially post workout. My diet mainly follows 3500 cals to gain weight in a 40/40/20 ratio.
    up it a bit, all 3, maybe your body wants more food... but im still swaying toward weak gear... 600 tren and 1.2 grams test should really rocket you up...

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think you gotta up the cals, 3500 is a somewhat small amount of cals some guys eat upwards of 5000 when on. Also change the workout a little, maybe your body is too used to it...
    magic

Shit son, 3500 cals? Try upping that 1000 and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    i think you gotta up the cals, 3500 is a somewhat small amount of cals some guys eat upwards of 5000 when on. Also change the workout a little, maybe your body is too used to it...
    magic

like i said, I gain weight on 3500 calories, don't ask me why? but i do, so upping it even more would cause an even greater fat gain too... why would I want that?

Also, the question isn't why can't I gain weight on steroids ? Because I can, it just doesn't seem like "lean" steroid weight. And secondly, why aren't there any side effects anymore too? That isn't dependant on what I'm eating now is it?
    Last edited by Justarting; 08-22-2005 at 09:22 AM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Try different substances...guys that keep repeat cycling the same things... have this difficulty. Its not that repeat cycling is giving you nothing, actually first cycles gain so heavily on the scale because you tend to gain 50% fat and 50% muscle. In future cycles, you dont gain as much because you for one, regain what was lost after last cycle ended so most of us discount the regained weight, but all future and succeeding cycles tend to work primarily on gaining more muscle but this time the fat is not gained, so weight gain on scale is not so exciting. Then cycle #3 or beyond, your body tends to want to loose fat, sometimes loose more fat then muscle gained. This is not to say you are gaining nothing from each cycle. Most of us progressively look better and better and better even if not so big on the scale that we'd like to be.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I have to admit I didnt read all dat shit....

but how the fuk could it be bunk gear if the dude "shot up" 15 fukin pounds?

huh?

geesus...im fukin hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    I have to admit I didnt read all dat shit....

but how the fuk could it be bunk gear if the dude "shot up" 15 fukin pounds?

huh?

geesus...im fukin hungry.
    not totally bunk, but underdosed. shooting up 15 pds is nothing for that cycle.

Thread Information