Montgomery is offline Associate Member

broken blood vessles?

I just got home from the gym and got into the shower. While in there I noticed I have these red stripes running down my traps and onto my mid delts. They look like little broken blood vessels, about the thickness of a pencil lead, but I don't think they are broken vessels. There are 3 or 4 of them on each side, wiggling down from traps to shoulders. Does anyone know what the heck these things are? I hope they're not the start of some stretch marks or something. I did work traps today.

Montgomery

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I've gotten broken blood vessels on my traps from the pads on a standing calf machine.

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    Did you do any exercises where the pads were on your traps? kinda like when you do standing calve rasies with the pad on your shoulders.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Did I ever. 9 sets of squats. Got a new gym partner who I think is really gonna push me. Never had that happen to me before though. Does juice weaken the capillary beds?

Montgomery

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I've gotten broken blood vessels on my traps from the pads on a standing calf machine.
    Ditto, I get them twice a week. Im not prone to bruising or broken blood vessels but this does it for me too.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    Did I ever. 9 sets of squats. Got a new gym partner who I think is really gonna push me. Never had that happen to me before though. Does juice weaken the capillary beds?

Montgomery
    Not certain if there's a correlation,but my right ankle has been purple for 5yrs from doing heavy squats.My quads are constantly bruised from resting heavy dumbells on them.I'm not an easy bruiser either.Possible connection to Anabolics?Not sure.

mizuno is offline Junior Member
    same thing i get the red tiger stripes on my shoulders from the pads on the machines. scared the hell outta me the first time. i was like WHAT IN THE FLYING **** IS THIS SHIT???? HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IN HERE!!!!!!! WHAT THE **** IS THIS????? lol she still makes fun of me i was scared didnt know what the hell it was.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I get the same marks. Red lines of broken blood vessels running down the trap over the delt. Happens every time I do standing calf raises.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    Did I ever. 9 sets of squats.

Montgomery
    theres your answer

Thread Information