Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

Missed the mark on injection-help

I was doing my Thursday morning injection(1cc of test cyp and 1cc of EQ) in my right glute, and must have been too groggy. I think I injected into the Gluteus medius instead of the maximus. I was too far forward closer to my hip. It didn't feel right when pushing the plunger. I could feel the fluid going in much more then normal and when I was finished I had a golfball size lump. I haven't had any swelling when I hit the right spot before. I rubbed it but noticed it has been pretty swolen the last few days but getting slightly better as of late. Last night I massaged it quite a bit again with no pain. Today in the shower I notice my outward sweep of my right quad is looking good! But wait, left still looks normal? I have some swelling and slight redness under the skin from my right hip to about 6 inches above my right knee just on the outer quad? This is below my injection site? I have very little pain and no fever. Ive been icing it tonight. Im freaking a little bit thinking it might be cellulitis. Anyone with experience help me out?

Thanks!

Oh, I did aspirate , new needle after drawing with new needle, alcohol swab twice as well as top of vials too.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ive had that happen but from prop, goes away in 4 to 5 days. Were you moving the syringe around alot, that has a tendency to iratat(sp ) it???

It did move a little. No more early morning before work injections.

But why would my skin be swollen and red below the injection site down my leg? And this coming on 3-4 days later? I wonder if my vigorous rubbing last night dispersed the oil? The original injection site is less swollen, almost normal today when it was more swollen last night.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    It did move a little. No more early morning before work injections.

But why would my skin be swollen and red below the injection site down my leg? And this coming on 3-4 days later? I wonder if my vigorous rubbing last night dispersed the oil? The original injection site is less swollen, almost normal today when it was more swollen last night.
    Not sure, I had about 8" oval of warm little puffy skin when I shot prop once, did you do a leg routine the day you shot your glute???

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Not sure, I had about 8" oval of warm little puffy skin when I shot prop once, did you do a leg routine the day you shot your glute???

I did do a leg routine that night. No pain but felt the swelling. The skin swelling is an oval of about 5" by 10". It has gone done a little since Ive iced it.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Inflamation bro.You'll be fine.It would have started to abcess by now.I'm the king of abcess.I'm an ED shooter that forgets to rotate sometimes.This is the price you pay.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Inflamation bro.You'll be fine.It would have started to abcess by now.I'm the king of abcess.I'm an ED shooter that forgets to rotate sometimes.This is the price you pay.
    crazy bastard

yo bro take some ibprofen helped me aton!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Agreed with the ibuprofen...

I shot in both medial heads of my delts on Thursday, and Sunday night it was still SLIGHTLY swollen and it was visibly a little red, it migrated halfway down my tri too. Its just the oil dispersing and your body getting used to the unfamiliar substance.

Thanks for all of the advice guys. After icing it, the swelling went down some and now this morning its almost completely gone. I think it was the oil dispersing because it happened after rubbing the swollen injection site. The injection site swelling subsided but then my leg swelled up.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    Thanks for all of the advice guys. After icing it, the swelling went down some and now this morning its almost completely gone. I think it was the oil dispersing because it happened after rubbing the swollen injection site. The injection site swelling subsided but then my leg swelled up.
    Good to hear bro...If I happen to hit a small muscle group I haven't used in ages.I get the same reaction sometimes.After 10yrs of doing this stuff.My muscles aren't all that happy about being injected anymore.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You probably shot it between the muscles and not into one. The Medius is actually a really nice site. You can hit it sitting, standing, or lying on your side. TO find the thickest part for shooting, flex your glutes and observe the hollow at the side of your cheek. There will be a ridge of muscle above that hollow, just below the crest of the hipbone. Examine its shape and size by feel as you flex and relax it. Sit down on a hard stool and keep your fingers on it. You will have difficulty flexing it in the seated position but unless you are carrying a lot of fat, you will still be able to feel the muscle. That area has few large nerves or veins and is a good spot for an occasional shot of up to about 2cc. Good for when you want to give quads a break and if you do like I do, and shoot while sitting at the puter.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs... I don't do this out of kindness, but to massage my ego and up my post count.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeat offenders will be reported.
    -The Baron-

Thread Information