Sauced is offline Banned

Why do I have ZERO motivation when I'm off cycle?

Is it really all mental? When I'm on I lift almost every day and eat very well. I've been off for almost 2 months now. Barely lifting, diet is non existent. Anybody else battle this?

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    Yes everone on this board battles this,Its easy to be motivated with the test of 10 men in you,When you come of your hormmons are all over the shop and you feel like shit, When you come off you must have a change in direction in traning,I still lift heavy but a little less sets,and less days(assuming you uped your days when on) Most of all you just got to suck it up and get your ass in the gym

Just my take on things good luck mate

jesse_james is offline Member
    Well said Samson1, Im always the same and im sure pretty much everyone on this board is.

somedude247 is offline Member
    I get the same feeling bro, but I try to combat it by thinking of when and what my next cycle will consist of....Goin to the gym when chicks are there helps too....haha

cb5253 is offline Junior Member
    I find that throwing some creatine in during pct and a while after keeps me motivated

UK CHRIS is offline Associate Member
    Its common to feel like crap weve all been there mate. I try to concentrate on having 4 focused days per week and 3 days where im lazy as hell, works for me.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Yes it certainly does suck. I am just about to go through PCT again and I am not looking forward to it

BIGD2515 is offline Junior Member
    what i do is i get back on some gear as soon as possible. that usualy works

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Cut back on your days lifting bruh. I usually stick with 1 day on then off. I keep my reps high and use slow, strict form. Hit it hard then rest it. This way i'm not burnt out and my motivation is still there. Just as "Somedude247" was saying, start thinking about your next cycle and count down the days This works well for me. ECA stack would help also.

ward065 is offline Member
    i know someone who is able to stay motivated all year long. He told me the first cycle he did he only used clomid for pct and he felt lazy and weak and lost about half of his gains before more natural test came back in

He said though every cycle after that he ran 1000 IUs of HCG every 3 days for the last 2 weeks of his cycle. After the last AAS shot was done, he told me he ran 1500 IUs of HCG every 3 days for 3 more shots (the next 9 days) immediately before beginning his pct of clomid. Told me he never had problems after doing this

Perhaps you should try this method. I did and have completed my First week of clomid and i feel perfectly fine so far! Anyone have any other experience with a similar method of pct?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGD2515
    what i do is i get back on some gear as soon as possible. that usualy works

Hmmm....when does the PCT happen? PCT includes an equal amount of time producing natty test levels. Not just clomid, nolva, etc.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smak dat puzz
    Cut back on your days lifting bruh. I usually stick with 1 day on then off. .
    i agrea..
    your probably burned out, it happens to all of us bro.

when on a cycle i don't lift more than two days in a row, so i'll have great energy for all my lift days.. while off i lift one day, then cardio the next, if i can i'll even take an extra day off from working out because i know the next time i hit the weights it'll be intense, and muscle is made while resting after all..
    Last edited by Tazwell; 08-23-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    i agrea..
    your probably burned out, it happens to all of us bro.

when on a cycle i don't lift more than two days in a row, so i'll have great energy for all my lift days.. while off i lift one day, then cardio the next, if i can i'll even take an extra day off from working out because i know the next time i hit the weights it'll be intense, and muscle is made while resting after all..
    Agree 100%. I've always known this but last week I counted back and realised I worked out 12 days in a row. I felt a little burnt and bored. You love seeing your results in the gym daily but you're not giving yourself time to grow to max potential by over training. Got some good advice from the fam here at AR and I took Fr - Sun off, 3 days in a row. My workout last night was the best one I've had in a week or so. Intense shoulder work out.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    watch pumping iron a few times, makes me motivated.

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    I face all the same problems....getting burned out, no motivation after a cycle, diet goes to crap after a cycle....but guess I just have to keep on lifting...

RuN3 is offline Banned
    I have also been off cycle for 2 months...no sex drive, loss of appetite. It really sucks, I assume iit all has to do with the testosterone levels not fully recovered. Go get your blood test to check your levels.

Quote Originally Posted by RuN3
    I have also been off cycle for 2 months...no sex drive, loss of appetite. It really sucks, I assume iit all has to do with the testosterone levels not fully recovered. Go get your blood test to check your levels.
    Take tribulis and/or do some more Clomid if you feel like you still haven't recovered. I've heard of people running clomid up to 8 weeks.

witzy2323 is offline Associate Member
    Thats how they get us coming back for more...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Take tribulis and/or do some more Clomid if you feel like you still haven't recovered. I've heard of people running clomid up to 8 weeks.
    I plan on using Clomid for PCT. What type of dose do you recommend for tribulus?

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtwin
    watch pumping iron a few times, makes me motivated.

May I ask how watching steroid users working out makes you more motivated to workout when you aren't on them?

SensP is offline Associate Member
    I finished my first cycle about 2 months ago, and I too feel a lot less motivation. But I can't say my sex drive was affected too much. Every day of clomid/nolva pct I busted a nut. Now of course it wasn't like when I was on cycle, but my natty test seems to have bounced back really good.

Quote Originally Posted by SensP
    I finished my first cycle about 2 months ago, and I too feel a lot less motivation. But I can't say my sex drive was affected too much. Every day of clomid/nolva pct I busted a nut. Now of course it wasn't like when I was on cycle, but my natty test seems to have bounced back really good.
    How old are you? You sound younger. I know natty would come back easier in my mid 20's. Not so much now in my mid 30's.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I'm 24.

I got to say though, my body responded pretty well all the way around. No hint of gyno, hairloss or liver pain (kickstarted with t-bol). The only thing that I didn't like was that my blood pressure shot up. I'm trying to figure out how I can combat this for my next cycle. I really don't like putting a lot of pressure on my heart because sooner or later that shit catches up with you. I suppose a var/prop cycle would help a lot with fluid retention, which would in turn keep my bp in check. But I can't really afford that kind of cycle. And, though you can bulk on that cycle (or any cycle for that matter), it's easier with stuff like dbol , test e and deca . Hawthorne Berry might help a little. But maybe a prescription bp medication would be better.

Does anybody on here use prescription bp meds to combat high bp while on cycle.?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I plan on using Clomid for PCT. What type of dose do you recommend for tribulus?
    I take two grams a day, I also do Tongkat Ali which is stronger than trib, 2 grams a day

Thread Information