RuN3 is offline Banned

Unhappy 20 y/o BloodTest Results BAD or GOOD news ?!?!?!?!?!

I came off my cycle 2 months ago and I just got my bloodwork done. It showed my testosterone level is 8.4
    FSH < 0.3
    LH < 0.1

My doctor told me these levels are normal for senior citizens. I just turned 20 years old, have 2 cycles under my belt with proper PCT. Now I have to inject 200mg of testosterone every 2 weeks. Is this good, because I dont have to worry about doing a PCT anymore??

My cycles were both:
    Deca 300mg/wk
    Test 500mg/wk

PCT was nolva 20mg/60 days
    Clomid at 300/100/50 split
    HCG at 500 ius /2x a wk (for the last portion of my cycle, ended week before started clomid)

ThePhoenix is offline New Member
    no thats terrible. If you go on TRT you will be test dependant for life.

My advice is don't take the prescribed test. Give your body a few more months do another pct until your sex drive comes back, go back and get retested. Wait to hear what the experts here say though. good luck to you bro.

toiletcake is offline New Member
    Why would you be test dependant for life? If your levels are low and you get them within the normal range then why wouldnt that help your body to catch up and maintain? With your theory you would have to live with low levels of test and be miserable or get them elevated with test and Hcg ..

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuN3
    My doctor told me these levels are normal for senior citizens.

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    Damn that deca 's pretty horrible on the HPTA eh? I think you should wait out a bit bro, take some trib or tongkat for a couple of months.

Give your body time to heal. If it doesn't come back in 1 whole YEAR, then I would consider TRT.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    This is rather troubling. Sounds like you did everything right with regards to your PCT and you're still messed up. Any explanations, guys?

RuN3 is offline Banned
    bump

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't go on TRT myself either especially at 20! I don't see how anyone can hope to restore their natural testosterone if they're continually taking exogenous test.

How long were your cycles and how much time did you take between them?

There are studies out there of people restoring HPTA with high dose HCG and Clomid/Nolva many months after a deca cycle, in addition to their having been originally used post-cycle. If it were me I'd wait a couple months, get tested again and if still low, try another PCT. I know it's worked with similar cases in the past though I can't find a study right now to post for you.

By the way! Did you tell your doctor you'd used steroids , esp deca ? He may be thinking you're just naturally that way! And are you hypogonadal?
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 08-24-2005 at 04:19 PM.

RuN3 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    By the way! Did you tell your doctor you'd used steroids, esp deca? He may be thinking you're just naturally that way! And are you hypogonadal?
    Yah my doc knows about my steroid usage. I did two 10 week cycles. I waited like 3 months before I started my second cycle. And I just injected myself yesterday with 200 mg of test. I plan on increasing this to 500 a week with 50 mg of tren everyday ... would this be a bad idea or should i stop everything now???

jinos is offline Member
    I would stop now and not touch AS until everything is back to normal.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    it is possable you had low test levels to begin with and this has nothing to do with your two short/low dose cycles

I think it's pretty unlikely a 20 year old guy would have such low test levels without some kind of serious pre-existing problem like hypogonadism. You should have noticed problems years ago if that were the case, I would think.

It looks like you've already decided to give up on ever recovering your test levels (assuming you had any to begin with) by going on Tren at this point. That's entirely your decision.

bark! is offline New Member
    bro, you were suppressed for this entire time, including your "break" which something tells me wasnt actually 3 months. that's half a year of suppression. dont look so shocked that you arent recovered yet.

i would also run some low-dose clomid with perhaps an AI like formestane along with tribulus for the next 2 months, then recheck.

hope for your sake that you havent proven everyone RIGHT by using juice as a teenager.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bark!

hope for your sake that you havent proven everyone RIGHT by using juice as a teenager.
    ive been using since i was 17,im now 35 and dont have low test levels..he had to have a pre existing problem..his cycle was too short to cause any damage.even without pct he should be back up and running

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    ive been using since i was 17,im now 35 and dont have low test levels..he had to have a pre existing problem..his cycle was too short to cause any damage.even without pct he should be back up and running
    I'm going to have to agree..

Two 10 week cycles is nothing.

AG5678

RuN3 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    I had no "pre-existing" condition. Before and on cycle I could get erections with no problem. My doc told me when you inject exteral testosterone that your pituitary gland shuts down, stopping the production of LH. I told him I thought that clomid was supposed to fix this but he told me its an anti-estrogen. Yah I think im going to hold of from cycling for a while. I hope my shot of test yesterday wont affect my recovery much...

Sadly, most docs have no idea about how to recover from steroid use .

Holding off is a good idea, IMO.

ward065 is offline Member
    did you do something wrong in your pct? perhaps not enough hcg ? not enough time between cycles?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    It sounds like you did everything correctly with your pct but at 20 years of age you do not want to be on trt the rest of your life and why would your doctor not try and get your own test levels back up. Taking that 200mg every 2 weeks will probably shut you down and you will never recover. Get another opinion and try and get your own test levels back up on their own first before you resign yourself to hormone therapy for the rest of your life! Thats 100mg of test a week is that enough to shut him down again?

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Yah my doc knows about my steroid usage. I did two 10 week cycles. I waited like 3 months before I started my second cycle. And I just injected myself yesterday with 200 mg of test. I plan on increasing this to 500 a week with 50 mg of tren everyday ... would this be a bad idea or should i stop everything now???

In your 3 months off before the second cycle of ten weeks, did you have blood work done? Also, did you do any PCT in those three months?

get those levels back up naturally!! Taking test is like pouring salt in the wound, your taking the very thing that was responsible for the problem to begin with. Get some tribulus, bust a nut whenever you can, also cut down on the training to 3-4 days/wk for awhile and increase the calories. Low calorie diets can **** test levels up too. Any natural competitor will tell you that his sex drive is shot close to a competition. This is what I'd do.

RuN3 is offline Banned
    I dont think ill take anymore test injections. I feel like shit tho, low test really ****s with you...no sex drive, no erections, loss of appetite, depressed, ... ive just takin a week off training cuz i lost all desire. Dont the pros stay on juice year round....so why would it be so bad....i mean i wouldnt have to worry about PCT if I keep cycling....am i right ???

judge_dread is offline Member
    I don't understand tho why as a 20year old guy u decided to use AAS! U have a natural advantage...

I dont think ill take anymore test injections. I feel like shit tho, low test really ****s with you...no sex drive, no erections, loss of appetite, depressed, ... ive just takin a week off training cuz i lost all desire. Dont the pros stay on juice year round....so why would it be so bad....i mean i wouldnt have to worry about PCT if I keep cycling....am i right ???

Hey bro, I want to know if you did PCT or had blood work done during your first 3 months off before you started you second 10 weeks of deca /test.

RuN3 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    Hey bro, I want to know if you did PCT or had blood work done during your first 3 months off before you started you second 10 weeks of deca/test.

Yah i did the same PCT except no HCG on the first cycle.
    Clomid 300/200/100
    30 days of 20mg nolvadex

HCG worked great on the second cycle. Makes u horny as hell. Then 3 weeks after my cycle and PCT was finished....started going downhill fast.
    I didnt get any bloodwork done after my first cycle though...

When you have no sex drive and cant get erections....does that mean you wont be making any gains in the gym.... Its really tempting to do another cycle right now becuase i dropped 9 pounds....life sux right now

Clomid 300/200/100
    30 days of 20mg nolvadex

HCG worked great on the second cycle. Makes u horny as hell. Then 3 weeks after my cycle and PCT was finished....started going downhill fast.

When you have no sex drive and cant get erections....does that mean you wont be making any gains in the gym.... Its really tempting to do another cycle right now becuase i dropped 9 pounds....life sux right now
    Did you notice any problems after the first PCT? Like loss of sex drive, zero erections, etc? Or did these symptons only start after your second cycle?

Clomid 300/200/100
    30 days of 20mg nolvadex

I know it is totally tempting to just start another cycle but it may be counterproductive in the long run. There is the option of a Dbol bridge type solution.....meaning 10mg Dbol in the morning for 8 weeks....it will not get you fully recovered in the LH area but should get you 80%+ back to normal...which is better than what you are doing right now. Do a search for Fonz (the author of the article) and/or dbol bridge. If you need more on the subject PM me I will send it to you.
    Here's what I think your problem is: I'm guessing you probably didn't give yourself enough time after the first Deca cycle....i'm guessing huge progresterone/prolactin inhibition of HPTA. You may be one of the unlucky ones that need a lot more time to recover after DECA usage.....to help...there is Cabergoline (Dostinex) or bromocriptine. Cabergoline is more preferred than Bromo since less sides and only have to use once every 3 or 4 days. Do a search on Cabergoline and/or bromocriptine.
    Also you could have your bloodwork done to check for progestrone levels to see where you stand...i'm assuming you are off the chart.

Good luck.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I would take 6g of tribulus ed and 2 g of tongkat ali ed for a month then lower the dose that should help. I just ran a test/deca cycle and with my proper pct and tibulus/tongkat ali my test levels were so high post (2 months later) cycle that my doc wants me to get more bloodwork done. I know it is the trib and tongkat.

RuN3 is offline Banned
    I never really fully recovered after my first cycle before I started my second. Thanks for all the help everyone... I have an appointment with an endocronologist next thursday so ill see what he has to say...

I never really fully recovered after my first cycle before I started my second. Thanks for all the help everyone... I have an appointment with an endocronologist next thursday so ill see what he has to say...
    God, I hope this is a lesson for other young guys out there.
    Good luck!

Thread Information