bex
    bex is offline Banned

Balls.(thorght You Might Like To Read)

A common problem amongst bodybuilders and other strength athletes is that of testicular shrinkage during the prolonged use of androgens / anabolic steroids .

This can be thought of in the following way: the hypothalamus in the human brain has a detection mechanism which regulates the release of many hormones which control the production of androgens by the testes and the adrenal glands. If this detection mechanism detects an abnormally high amount of androgen / anabolic steroids , which it recognises primarily as testosterone , then the hormones responsible for testosterone release will have their production decreased, and so the testes etc. will no longer be stimulated by these hormones, and so will cease, or decrease, production of natural testosterone, and so cause testicular shrinkage.

Oestrogen (androgens can aromatise in the body into oestrogens) have even more of a shut-off effect upon the release of androgens via the hypothalamus, and so we have a "double-edged" problem, with both androgens / anabolic steroids (which are all basically androgens) and oestrogens causing shut-down of hormonal stimulation of the testes, and thus testicular shrinkage.
    One of the best ways to avoid this is to take some Tamoxifen (perhaps 20mg per day) in order to stop the oestrogen, from the aromatisation of androgens, acting upon receptors in the hypothalamus. Therefore, even though the oestrogens are still there, their effect is blocked by the Tamoxifen. This is also very useful to prevent gynaecomastia (bitch tits), i.e. formation of breast tissue in the male, caused by aromatisation of the androgens to oestrogens in the body.

Another very good idea is to use chrysin (an isoflavone compound, derived from plants), which prevents the formation of oestrogen in the first place, by inhibiting the enzymes which perform aromatisation on the androgens, and so very much reduce the production of oestrogens from the steroids, hence reducing the effect upon the hypothalamus, and so upon the testes. Therefore, testicular shrinkage can be very much reduced, and so you are likely to be preserving that part of the function of your endocrine hormonal system.

What if you say you don't care about it? Well, you can probably say goodbye to getting an erection if your own endocrine system is messed up, and you may also risk life-long infertility. Look after your health, and you will have a longer and happier life, and in this case, a more active sex life.

In general, if natural testosterone production shuts-down, then men experience problems in getting erections, or even become impotent, whilst wanting more sex! VERY frustrating, as you can imagine. Alternatively, sex drive may disappear completely, or be very much reduced.

Therefore, the message from this article is to use Tamoxifen AND chrysin DURING, and for four or five weeks AFTER a steroid cycle. It is then advisable to be off steroids for as long a period of time as you were on them, before you begin your next cycle. It is also advisable to use HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) both during, and for four or five weeks after a steroid cycle. This acts directly upon the testes themselves, and helps to keep natural testosterone production going along.

If your testes do shrink slightly, then don't panic, as they will return to normal upon cessation of steroid use , as long as shrinkage is not severe: if so, stop the steroid cycle immediately by slowly tapering down the dosages (stop injectables first, followed by reducing oral steroid dosages).

Enjoy your bodybuilding, but remember, nobody should consider taking anabolic steroids until they have gained everything they can by using hard training, enough rest, a lot of protein, and everything else from the health food store i.e. by training naturally. This can take anything up to eight or ten years of consistent training, i.e. you have to make bodybuilding part of your life-style.

You are living dangerously if you don't follow this advice and once you are so fit, you will experience far fewer, or no, side effects from steroids after all these years of natural training, i.e. you have 'prepared' your body for them.

Taken from no bull.
    Last edited by bex; 04-29-2002 at 04:34 PM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned

More Balls

NOBULL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Balls.(thorght You Might Like To Read)-balls22.jpg  

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Great post, thanks Bex, big ol' bump !

Steve is offline Associate Member
    could i use proviron instead of nolvadex ?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Great post!

Oestrogen (androgens can aromatise in the body into oestrogens) have even more of a shut-off effect upon the release of androgens via the hypothalamus, and so we have a "double-edged" problem, with both androgens / anabolic steroids (which are all basically androgens) and oestrogens causing shut-down of hormonal stimulation of the testes, and thus testicular shrinkage.
    That's the part that I find interesting. Anybody have more data about that? That's a damn good reason to take Nolvadex (or Arimidex , or Proviron ) proactively and not wait until you get signs of gyno.

Steve: yes, you could, if estrogen is the problem. Proviron will help. It prevents estrogen form being formed. Ditto w/ Arimidex.
    Last edited by Ajax; 04-30-2002 at 02:11 AM.

G-PIG is offline Associate Member
    bump , great post, sticky maybe?

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    proviron is the miracle drug, like arimidex , stops the process of aromatization ... understand that arimdex is like the porsche of these drugs and proviron is the honda, but do both of them drive? yes! use prov 25mg ED of the cycle and you should be fine. However if you DO see sides, stack it with nolvadex and you will have GREAT protection.
    if need anything else, let me know
    MM
    PS If you have the money get arimidex

Bigashell is offline Junior Member
    speakin on behalf of arimadex do u guys know any sites that probably sell it for cheap. i was talkin to some dude once and he told me that he used the animal kind which is a lot cheaper and it works just as well. is that true?? if u take arimadex do u have to take anything else like novadelex or anything? let me know guys thanks again

bump for more discussion

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Bump

bump again !

Uconish is offline Member
    that squirrels has got some pretty big nuts You think hes on anything???

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    WOW, very informative post!!! Bump for more information!

utah pump is offline Junior Member
    (bex knows nuts) Great post!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Nice post.... but you didn't give the dosage of chrysin to take.... even though I dont' believe in this product, I am slowly starting to change my mind about it. If you could recommend dosage with chrysin, that would probally help guys like me out. I have Nolv, but I am having to take so much of it, to cut down on gyno, (like 80-100mg a day), that's right a day! Got some Liquidex comin, gonna see how that works, but would like an alternative.

$uperman is offline Member
    hey bro... very good post, very educational.

thegame01 is offline Member
    awesome post bro, thanks. does it depend on the cycle and the amount or should you always take arimidex

McBain is offline Member
    Good post bro. I am curious though whether you would recommend the addition of 20mg ed of tamoxifen to armidex (taken .25mg ed). My understanding was that tamoxifen/nolvadex blocks the receptors to prevent oestrogen from having much of an effect, however there is a "rebound" effect once nolvadex usage is stopped since the oestrogen is still floating around in your system. With armidex my understanding was that it prevents the oestrogen from actually being produced, hence nipping the problem before it starts. As to Chrysin do you think that it is neccessary to add if armidex is being used?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Great post Bro,

How much hcg , when, and for how long.

JohnnyB

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    nothing like an informative post on a man's nuttz, and dayyymn,that squirrel is racked with one hell of a set

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah, that squirrel must be a playah.

I am curious as to whether or not damage does occur when significant atrophy occurs. By damage I am mainly refering to natural testosterone production and sperm count. Thanks McBain

Thread Information