groomer is offline New Member

Need suggestions from experienced people

Of course I have read post like this a lot (I have been reading everything I can get my hands on), but I want to be more descriptive. I am wanting to go on my first cycle. Here is some info for you. Age is 33. 6'1" weight is 210.5 with body fat of 23%. Overall I would say in good health. (Yeah, I know I have a gut) I have lifted before (not with a trainer or anything, just doing the Body for Life thing). I have only been lifting again for a couple of months. My goal is to get as big as possible (not a powerlifter, just look big). For right now, I am not worried about being "ripped". I may or may not get to that stage later. I am looking for advice on my first cycle. I will have a trainer and time and money. I know the forums have a lot of post like these, but they all look like they have different solutions. This is exactly what I am working with. I will be taking photos every week and be giving a progress report. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    At 23% body fat you should not take any AAS. Bring it down to the low-mid teens with proper diet and exercise and your good to go. In the mean time research research research.

EDIT: oh, and you just restarted lifting in the last couple of months so i would recommend you fine a routine and stick to it for over a year. Your Bf %should be low enogh by then.
    Last edited by 305GUY; 08-24-2005 at 07:35 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    When you get your Body fat down to 12%,I'll be more than happy to discuss cycling with you.Until then,clean up the diet,and ask questions in the Diet forum on how to cut BF and what to eat,and when.

Good Luck.

groomer is offline New Member
    I am not for sure if my scale is right (6 years old). Just curious (remember, I am new) what is the bad side of starting the cycle before I am at or below 12% bf?

Quote Originally Posted by groomer
    I am not for sure if my scale is right (6 years old). Just curious (remember, I am new) what is the bad side of starting the cycle before I am at or below 12% bf?
    You want to bulk,right?Then you'll need to increase calories dramatically.This in turn will create excess body fat.If your holding 22% before you start.You could wind up at 30% when all said and done.You get the point,right?

slippin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groomer
    Its like this. If you start at 22-23% then bulk with AS you will get to about 30-32%.(imo). So then when you are ready to lean down you will have to lean down from 30% to about the mid-teens or less to have the look you will want. Dont you think it will be easier to lean down from 15%?? with proper training and diet you can get to 15% easily if you have three things: MOTIVATION-DEDICATION-DISCIPLINE. If one of these is missing you wont hit your goals with or without AS. Give it a year and then think about gear. you dont want to be a fat arse.

Quote Originally Posted by slippin
    Its like this. If you start at 22-23% then bulk with AS you will get to about 30-32%.(imo). So then when you are ready to lean down you will have to lean down from 30% to about the mid-teens or less to have the look you will want. Dont you think it will be easier to lean down from 15%?? with proper training and diet you can get to 15% easily if you have three things: MOTIVATION-DEDICATION-DISCIPLINE. If one of these is missing you wont hit your goals with or without AS. Give it a year and then think about gear. you dont want to be a fat arse.
    Sounds sort of like what I wrote above this post,doesn't it?

Thread Information