Thread: legal ??

BIG PAPPA PUMP is offline Junior Member

Question legal ??

ok heres the deal my cuzen is 19 & he was juicen take test & dbol ( i know he's not old enough but please dont comment on the age).. he went to the doctors for a normal check-up for college.. but his parents suspected him of taken stuff before.. so a week later supposaly the doctor called & said he needs to get a routine blood test u get every few years...so he thought nothing of it & got the test done.. then yesterday the doctor calls his mother & gives her the results to find it was a drug test for steroids & of course they found all the stuff... my question is, isn't there a legal thing where u have to have your consent for a drug test when your over 18 & the doctor isnt supposed to share your information unless he is given permission?? any info will help!!

PSman00 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG PAPPA PUMP
    ok heres the deal my cuzen is 19 & he was juicen take test & dbol ( i know he's not old enough but please dont comment on the age).. he went to the doctors for a normal check-up for college.. but his parents suspected him of taken stuff before.. so a week later supposaly the doctor called & said he needs to get a routine blood test u get every few years...so he thought nothing of it & got the test done.. then yesterday the doctor calls his mother & gives her the results to find it was a drug test for steroids & of course they found all the stuff... my question is, isn't there a legal thing where u have to have your consent for a drug test when your over 18 & the doctor isnt supposed to share your information unless he is given permission?? any info will help!!
    if hes over 18 that was illegal. he is considered an 18 and its patient doctor privlige only....unless he said it was ok to give the test to his mom

he didnt even know he was getting a drug test.. he was told it was a cbc or w/e it is to check blood cell, chlorestoral etc... nothing bout drug testing

smiler is offline Senior Member
    usually in your paperwork you sign for the doc they ask for emergency contact and sometimes they also request to share medical info with this person (usually mom) so he may have signed it thinking it was only emergency contact. if thats the case the doc can disscuss anything with her

jeagles1 is offline Junior Member
    Either way that is F***** up. If his parents want to know they shoudl ask not scam him inot a test

caddilac is offline Associate Member
    The doc still deceived him whether he was allowed to give medical info to his parents or not. I would sue his ass!

AG5678 is offline Member
    Yea bro i would be pissed as shit. I would gather all my LEGAL information regarding this situation and go meet him face to face.

AG5678

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    wow..thats such a breach of patient/doc trust.......sorry/scary to hear that

100% Illegal. They aren't allowed to release patient information, its part of the HIPPA act. Sue the shit out of him

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    it doesnt matter how old he was, if he doesnt want anyone to know his results then the doc must respect that. i would go down and visit the doc and tell him that he owes me some favours other wise report the son of a bitch. also he would be better off changing his doctor.

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    I would sue him for all he is worth.

chest6 is offline Banned
    for the record same exact thing happened to me

big_C is offline Member
    Wow...that was cold and total Not to mention Illegal. A doctor cannot disclose patient info to anyone if the patient is an adult. It doesn't matter if he is taking Illegal substances. I can tell my Doc anything and he's cool about it. He advises me on AS but still won't prescribe...I'm working on it! LOL Anyway, he can be reported to the board , and hire a lawer to write him and his insurance company a nice letter!!

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    for the record same exact thing happened to me

That sucks buddy. My doc and I have an understanding, and that is like everyone has been saying 100% illegal and just a d!ck move.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    usually in your paperwork you sign for the doc they ask for emergency contact and sometimes they also request to share medical info with this person (usually mom) so he may have signed it thinking it was only emergency contact. if thats the case the doc can disscuss anything with her
    there is no hidden paperwork he has to sign a consent form to release info to someone other than himself he would have known if he signed it. in texas this is a very big offense if i was ur friend i would file a lawsuit on the doc then he could plan the ultimate cycle.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    def illegal

caddilac is offline Associate Member
    Keep us posted on the outcome

snog_usmc is offline New Member
    Talk to a couple lawyers and get a good one to work on contigency, file a lawsuit and expect to settle, don't get mad...get even.

ward065 is offline Member
    although what was done was clearly f**ked up, i am wondering if it really was or was not illegal.

In some states the age of majority i believe is 21 years old. It could be that in some states if your age is in the 3 year range between 18-21 that this could be a legal procedure. It is somewhat difficult to believe that a doctor would do something clearly illegal, if he knew he could get caught.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Like Rick James would say...Yous as cold as ICEEE!!! ... nah but really that is f-ed up i can see my parents pulling the same zhit with me too cuz they keep asking me about the same stuff.

mike2nice is offline Associate Member
    yeah I wouldn't let something like that go. I would make his life as uncomfortable as I possibly could.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    there is no hidden paperwork he has to sign a consent form to release info to someone other than himself he would have known if he signed it. in texas this is a very big offense if i was ur friend i would file a lawsuit on the doc then he could plan the ultimate cycle.
    Tell him to go the doctor's office and request all of the paperwork he signed. That's the only way to know for sure. They have to provide it to him since he is a legal adult.

If your buddy has a problem with his parents not wanting him to take roids and he lives at their house, he should respect that. He should move out on his own or you guys could get a apartment together?

he never signed any paperwork @ all just went in for the check-up & said he was just due for a blood-test a week later so obviously something was up so u think he should talk to a lawyer?? & def get a new doc!

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    yep!!!

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    on my health insurance if you are going to authorize your health care provider to release info to someone other then you-EVEN IF IT IS YOUR PARENTS, you have to sign a release form at the check in/out desk. PERIOD. Also, if you are 18, you are a legal adult in the federal governments eyes., Regarless of what state laws may say, if you are 18 you are responsible for yourself, not your parents. I would...

1) get all the paper work you signed at the docs office
    2) talk to a few lawyers and have them work on contingency.
    3) move out of your parents if they don't agree with you using AAS. Remember you should honor your mother an father.
    4) wirte a letter to the administration explaining what happened and that you want disiplinary action to be taken.
    5) find a new doctor. If you can't talk to your doc openly about certain shit, you should ditch them and find one that will assist you, instead of lecturing you and tossing you out of their office with no advice.

Just my .02, bro. I have a doc that thinks that scrip drugs are the answer and he feels that the supplement industry is dangerous because it's not regulated...

Thread Information