24labor is offline Anabolic Member

Question growth plates/OXANDROLONE

i found out that my cousin has done a cycle of winstrol tabs now I'm pretty sure thats all he did, but hes 20 years old and I told him about using steroids too young and that it can stunt his growth and now he's freaking out. Will one cycle make a huge diffrence or can I tell him to relax? Also his friend wants to take oxandrolone because he claims there are rarely any side effects I don't know what to tell him I say just stay away for now is this a safer type of steroid ?

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    Your cousin isn't gonna grow taller anymore.

I'm not sure about the oxandrolone but I thought they where more toxic than
    winstrol /dbol ( ? )

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Oxandrolone (Anavar ) is one of the 'safest' AASs, I found it ineffective though and it's expensive. He shouldn't freak out, cause Winstrol doesn't aromatize. The growth plate closure is actually caused by estrogen, so don't take dbol (or any other aromatizing AASs). It sounds like your friend needs to do more research if he completed a cycle only to then find out about possible side effects...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    one cycle probably wont make a difference. I would encourage your cousins and friends to stay away from steroids at their age and spend it working on diet and training and researching on how to take steroids correctly. Winny only cycle not a very good idea, did he even do PCT afterwards? Var (oxandrolone) typically has very low sides, but also doesnt give much results unless stacked with other steroids and it can also be quite expensive. People at your age can gain a lot naturally with good diet and training

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    20? TallMan is he through growing.

Most girls begin their growth spurt between the ages of 10 and 11 and reach about 95 percent of their adult height between the ages of 15 and 16. Boys experience a similar growth spurt, but it begins about two years later and lasts until age 17 or 18, says Dr. Kenneth Ellis, a professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. On average, girls grow between six and seven inches during this five-year period, boys from eight to nine inches.

According to Ellis, who studies children's growth at the USDA/ARS Children's Nutrition Research Center, these averages are based on measurements taken on thousands of children. So, while we know that most girls gain only an additional one-half inch between the ages of 16 and 18, a few will grow significantly through age 20. And, while tall parents tend to have tall children and vise-versa, taller children do not always become the tallest adults.

Although it's likely that your daughter won't grow much more in height, her bones will keep growing in thickness and strength until her mid-20s. To maximize bone strength during this important period, encourage her to eat plenty of calcium-rich foods and participate in weight-bearing exercises like walking or skating.

More Articles on:
    Body Composition
    Facts & Answer Quick Index

That should read, "TallMan is right, he is through growing.

But developing well that's a different story. See last paragraph.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Sometimes growth plates do not close until a male reaches 23 or 24. Depends on the guy. Doing one cycle of Winstrol shouldn't have any effect on the plates, but if he is that worried, he could go get an X-ray to check out whether or not the plates are closed and he should hold off on using AAS for another year or two. Anavar is a very safe oral AAS and usually is taken at dosages from 30mg up to 100mg every day, but a safe and effective dose is 40mg to 50mg a day for 6 to 8 weeks. I personally know a few friends who have seen fanastic gains on Anavar, but the gains are all contingent on how your body reacts to the compound, how good your training is, and how clean your diet is. Check out more about Anavar here:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=164369

Ooops, I shot the female thread didn't I? My mistake.

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    sorry, I thought one cycle would close the growth plates
    I thought that because sometimes they give a hormone shots to people (mostly girls)
    who dont wanna get any taller.

And I thought that oxandrolone where oxy's my bad, anavar is idd less toxic

Thread Information