JRH
    JRH is offline Junior Member

Cholesterol Control

I am starting 2nd cycle test e what is the best way to control my Cholestrol i run at 247 all the time and that is high

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    with that high of a cholesterol value, you shouldnt be taking steroids . Steroids are just going to make your cholesterol values even worse. Are you on any cholesterol medications? If not, I would go to the doc and get on some and then wait til you have your cholesterol under control before taking anymore AAS. OTC supps that can help are garlic, niacin, and Omega 3 fatty acids

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    I cut my total cholesterol almost in half during a cycle by using Beta Sisterol, Policonisol, Niacin and Red Yeast Rice. According to my doc, my LDL was also in a very good low range. Only problem was that my HDL was low too. Roids, especially certain orals, do a number on HDL.

AnthonyM is offline Associate Member
    Yea, You really shouldnt be taking aas witha cholestoral level like that. A level that high is a cause for concern without aas. If you insist on contining which i dont recommend. YOu need to take red yeast rice. that is what im taking and it is helping alot.

cubanojoe is offline Junior Member
    it is the ratio between your good and bad cholestroal that counts. Normally mine is ok but when on a cycle they both drop to almost nothing. You would think that is good but since they are both almost 0 the ratio is not good at all which means it is very bad for your health.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Yo JRH - whats your ratio - LDL and HDL count? 247 is gettin up there.
    If you haven't started I would consider policosinol - 10 - 20 mg / day for help lowering and Niacin 1000 mg / day to help boost HDL. Both can be found at GNC or other vitamin shops. Clean diet and reg cardio workouts, and get checked again in a few months. If you have started, I would consider getting off at least until you've done the above and gotten your levels under control. If you are dead set on continuing add 10 -20 mg / day of nolva.
    Me - I'd get my levels in order first.

Thread Information