IronFreakX is offline Banned

A study I came across...

Neuroendocrine and behavioral effects of high-dose anabolic steroid administration in male normal volunteers.

Daly RC, Su TP, Schmidt PJ, Pagliaro M, Pickar D, Rubinow DR.

Behavioural Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 10, Room 3N238, 10 Center Drive MSC 1277, Bethesda, MD 20892-1277, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: Despite widespread abuse of anabolic -androgenic steroids (AAS), the endocrine effects of supraphysiologic doses of these compounds remain unclear. We administered the AAS methyltestosterone (MT) to 20 normal volunteers in an in-patient setting, examined its effects on levels of pituitary-gonadal, -thyroid, and -adrenal hormones, and examined potential relationships between endocrine changes and MT-induced psychological symptoms. METHOD: Subjects received MT (three days of 40 mg/day, then three days of 240 mg/day) or placebo in a fixed sequence with neither subjects nor raters aware of order. Samples were obtained at the ends of the baseline, high-dose MT and withdrawal phases. Potential relationships between hormonal changes and visual analog scale measured mood changes were examined. RESULTS: Significant decreases in plasma levels of gonadotropins, gonadal steroids, sex hormone binding globulin, free T3 and T4, and thyroid binding globulin (Bonferroni t, p<0.01 for each) were seen during high-dose MT; free thyroxine and TSH increased during high-dose MT, with TSH increases reaching significance during withdrawal. No significant changes in pituitary-adrenal hormones were observed. Changes in free thyroxine significantly correlated with changes in aggressiveness (anger, violent feelings, irritability) (r=0.5,p=0.02) and changes in total testosterone correlated significantly with changes in cognitive cluster symptoms (forgetfulness, distractibility) (r=0.52,p=0.02). Hormonal changes did not correlate with plasma MT levels.CONCLUSIONS: Acute high-dose MT administration acutely suppresses the reproductive axis and significantly impacts thyroid axis balance without a consistent effect on pituitary-adrenal hormones. Mood and behavioral effects observed during AAS use may in part reflect secondary hormonal changes.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ok now how about the english version!

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    ok now how about the english version!
    how about you take some time and read not even the whole study..but the parts in bold/color...

Changes in free thyroxine significantly correlated with changes in aggressiveness (anger, violent feelings, irritability) changes in total testosterone correlated significantly with changes in cognitive cluster symptoms (forgetfulness, distractibility) CONCLUSIONS: Acute high-dose MT administration acutely suppresses the reproductive axis and significantly impacts thyroid axis balance without a consistent effect on pituitary-adrenal hormones. Mood and behavioral effects observed during AAS use may in part reflect secondary hormonal changes.

ok now can u give me the english version?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    nothing a little self control and matureness won't fix... I think too many people blame roid rage and other outburst on peoples ignorance while on a cycle.

I'm pretty sure that is the english version.. there might be a retard version out there, but I don't think it can be simplified any more than that.

Jakspro is offline Member
    how strong was the correlation between the nonplacebo volunteers, considering the sample size was only 20... kinda small to draw any conclusion or defeat a random spread...

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    nothing a little self control and matureness won't fix...
    true... mind over matter

True some people can control it..some people dont even get roid rage and fake it for whatever reason...but hormonal changes are not cured by maturity and self control....Prozac is there for a reason , estrogen for women , etc.... depression from hypothyrodism......not everything can be controlled by will and maturity.....Roid rage is very real...If a person is already aggresive...it will be increased..My friend is test-e...for 8 weeks now..nothing...hes a nice-calm person...always been like that...I have never touched nething and more aggressive than any steroid user I have known......

Spyder is offline Member
    I feel that my aggressiveness has gone up a little, so has confidence and sex drive, im that much more likely to get into an argument then before. Though i don't give a crap, im ussually a nice guy and people that piss me off deserve to get their heads smacked in.

I'm pretty sure that is the english version.. there might be a retard version out there, but I don't think it can be simplified any more than that.
    so if u walk up to the average joe in the gym and say "did u know that Changes in free thyroxine significantly correlated with changes in aggressiveness and changes in total testosterone correlated significantly with changes in cognitive cluster symptoms." and "did u also know that Hormonal changes did not correlate with plasma MT levels. so in conclusion Acute high-dose MT administration acutely suppresses the reproductive axis and significantly impacts thyroid axis balance without a consistent effect on pituitary-adrenal hormones. Mood and behavioral effects observed during AAS use may in part reflect secondary hormonal changes." hell no u would probably say roid rage is bullshit and can be controlled now quit trying to act like ur einstein cause no reg person would talk like that.

yes, I agree some people are genetically more aggressive. A friend of mine is out of control while off juice, but when he gets on He thinks he is 10 times the badass. I still think it's in the mind and can be controlled.. although he does take anti psycotics. But when it comes down too it, we are all grown men and can make that choice to release out anger or to control outselves because the consequences are not worth it. Maybe those people were those kids that didn't have parents telling them it was wrong to hit other people, grow up there are consiquences to every action.

edmen2: No I would not walk up to a person in the gym and talk about roids 1st of all. Second nobody said this statement to you, it was on a page typed as a study, so read it a few times if needed and take what is needed from it (there is more than enough info on this site to understand what it was saying and I've seen some of your previous posts you are more than smart enough to understand that study). Third the average joe in the gym is obviously not even smart enough to understand how to run a cycle let alone log onto this site and do research and make his own decisions about what to inject rather than just asking his/her source.

edmen2: No I would not walk up to a person in the gym and talk about roids 1st of all. Second nobody said this statement to you, it was on a page typed as a study, so read it a few times if needed and take what is needed from it (there is more than enough info on this site to understand what it was saying and I've seen some of your previous posts you are more than smart enough to understand that study). Third the average joe in the gym is obviously not even smart enough to understand how to run a cycle let alone log onto this site and do research and make his own decisions about what to inject rather than just asking his/her source.
    i used avg joe gym as an example yes i understood what it said but i can tell u right now most of my bros and other buddies would say huh? and we have thousands of members here that would read and say whatever.

yes, I agree some people are genetically more aggressive. A friend of mine is out of control while off juice, but when he gets on He thinks he is 10 times the badass. I still think it's in the mind and can be controlled.. although he does take anti psycotics. But when it comes down too it, we are all grown men and can make that choice to release out anger or to control outselves because the consequences are not worth it. Maybe those people were those kids that didn't have parents telling them it was wrong to hit other people, grow up there are consiquences to every action.
    nah bro , I mean look at the people with hypothyrodism who get depressed and go back to normal when recieving treatment...low testosterone has been linked to depression...when people recieve HRT...they are normal....when men have more estrogen than normal and Get EMO and shit....

iron: i agree

edmen: i understand, thats why these people have us to give them the retard version.

Thread Information