Thread: please read
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM #1New Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
Tell me side effects and damages and if there are any positives from a 16/17 year old taking doses of sum type of roid for strength and mass PLease list lots of pros/cons Thanx.
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM #2
cons:growth plates closed,betta be tall cuz u aint gunna grow nomore
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM #3
use tha search button, but im sure someone will just tell u
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM #4
con:y waiste ur money on test if ur natural test is threw the roof
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM #5
pros for 16 year old:....
08-29-2005, 03:31 PM #6Originally Posted by SouthSideBeast
Steroids WILL close your growth plates..
When you are under 21, your endocrine system is still developing. This should be obvious as you are still going through the end of puberty, getting acne, etc. During this time peroid, supplementing with extrogenous hormones is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. There is potential for very serious and long term side effects to occur. I hear all the time some of these people saying that "I've stopped growing, so it's okay". No - it's not okay. There are many other potential side effects besides growth plates. Here is a list of a few.
1) Premature closing of growth plates. This one is the most known about. Even if you think you have stopped growing, there still is a potential for height increase over time. I have known people who are 18+ who have continued to grow in height. Scientists know that growth plates don't fuse completely in some cases until individuals are past 22. Don't be deterred just because you haven't grown taller in awhile.
2) Impotence. Supplementing with hormones while you are still growing can potentially cause PERMANENT impotence and fertility issues in teenagers. When you add testosterone , estrogen and a wealth of other synthetic androgens to your body it can cause problems with your normal testicular growth and function. Remember, some of these effects are more than just temporary.
3) Liver/Kidney Problems. I hear all the time teenagers say "Well my friends used it and they got big and nothing happened to them." Really? How do you know? Have they been to a doctor and had their liver and kidney values checked? I doubt it. Just because a person looks okay on the outside, doesn't mean that they could have a host of problems on the inside. Liver and kidney damage is nothing short of serious. This can occur even in people who are past their teen years.
4) Gyno or "bitch tits". I believe this using androgens in teens can really increase the risk of gyno. Gyno has been known to happen naturally in many teenagers because of already fluxating hormones. When you add more hormones to the mix, you dramatically increase the problems. Remember that once you have gyno, its very hard to get rid of unless you take the proper precautions up front.
5) Hair loss/acne/prostate aggrevation, etc. All of these can be increased and agrevated with external androgen use. Have you ever seen a 20 year old going bald? It's not pretty. Don't think it can't happen to you.
6) Brain function. It is well known that hormones play a role in development of cognative brain function. Adding external hormones when your brain is still developing could be a disaster waiting to happen. How can you now many years down the road there won't be problems?
Being a teenager can be difficult as it is. Getting used to your own body image can be hard if you feel you're different than everyone else. Many teenagers turn to bodybuilding to help improve that image, and that can be a very healthy thing. However, when a teenager becomes obsessed or is only after short term goals of getting ripped in 6 weeks then it can be a very serious problem when prohormones/steroids get in the mix.
1) Abuse. There is a high potential for abuse when individuals turn to prohormones/steroids when they aren't mature enough to handle them. Most of these individuals had these substances recommended to them by friends with erroneous data presented to them on how to use them and how they work. I have seen teenagers on this board claim to never come off cycles of Mag-10 and 1AD. There is no reason to abuse your body like that. Never coming off hormones can have even greater risks than using them for the short term, such as halting normal hormone production permantely. If you have a problem and want to discuss it with us, please post it.
Using steroids and prohormones underage can have very obvious legal implications. Since all prohormones have labels on them indicated that they are not for use for individuals under 18, you take into liability not only yourself and your family, but risk liability on the manufacturer and seller who sold these substances to you. By doing this, you are hurting the community who use these substances responsibly. Take responsibility for yourself and stay away from these. Causing harm to yourself is one thing, but everytime a teenager uses prohormones, the potential for them being banned increases. Here are some other problems
1) Drug testing. If you are a teenager playing sports, using steroids and prohormones can seem like a good idea to increase your performance. How would it look if you suddenly got tested for them? Being tested for prohormones WILL SHOW UP AS STEROIDS. You will have no recourse for this, and could potentially find yourself being investigated by the authorities.
2) Purchasing steroids is already illegal, but purchasing prohormones can have implications as well. As I already said, on all bottles of prohormones there is a label saying "Not for use for individuals under 18". That is not just printed on there as a joke, that is on there for a reason. If you bought these substances underage and then got into trouble or had one of the side effects listed above from taking these, what do you think your parents are going to do? They are probably going to sue the manufacturer, sue the seller, and possibly contact their congressmen demanding these substances be banned. You just screwed everyone because you were in a hurry to get some quick muscle. Take into consideration the rest of us before you make your irresponsible purchases.
We all want to have good gains and have pefect bodies, thats why we're here. But rushing into things and abusing susbstances is not the answer. There is absolutely no justification for teenagers to use prohormones or steroids. None. So, before you decide to use them - please take some time out, and make a post describing your training, diet and supplemenation. I know that me and the other members of the board would be more than happy to help you make some changes to your diet and training to help gain naturally, without the use of androgens. Doing this, you will save us all a a lot of grief.
All steroids, even when administered in small dosages, can prematurely stop bone growth in individuals who are not done growing.
Steroids can also alter the normal course of puberty. Steroid use is especially risky for teenagers. While the likelihood of teenagers developing possible side effects of steroid use like liver tumors is relatively low, as is the case for most steroid users, the likelihood of teenagers experiencing premature stoppage of bone growth and or changes to the normal course of pubertal development is high
Anabolic steroids can cause bones to stop growing prematurely. Teenagers who take anabolic steroids to get bigger may actually end up making themselves smaller for the rest of their lives. If a person who is not done growing yet takes steroids and experiences premature stoppage of bone growth, he or she will never grow as tall as he or she would have naturally grown if he or she had not used steroids
There ya go!
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM #7Originally Posted by mikeybada
anyhow, i did my first cycle at 17, but wouldnt advise it...most here will say the same, let your body grow as much naturally as you can possibly stand...honestly, there aren't any other "cons" to using aas at your age than any of us may experience...but hold off bro, just my $.02
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM #8
at that age, please get any thoughts of using, out of your head. it would be one of the biggest mistakes of your life.
08-29-2005, 03:34 PM #9
just saw that second post, guess we were writing at the same time...
i'd love to see/read some scientific evidence PROVING that using aas at 16 or 17 will hinder you growth...
all of those other reasons will face him ANYTIME he sticks his ass bro, sorry...
08-29-2005, 03:45 PM #10
bro, do me a HUGE favor, check those references and post the STUDIES that prove those claims...again, this article is from a physician who, like nearly all physicians, are anti-steroid and will say just about anything to keep people from doing them. hell, i see commercials all the time warning me that smoking weed is gonna make me some kind of mongoloid zombie, but somehow, i just keep knockin' out that 4.0 in school...
don't get me wrong, i think the guy should hold off, but not cuz his growth plates are gonna seal up...that is, unless i can be convinced otherwise, through proper presentation of pertinent, empirical data...thanks a bunch
08-29-2005, 03:53 PM #11
Well Im not a dr, but HRT is offered to males that are over the age of 25. I assume that dr's would have their reason for picking that age to actually prescribe HR, oh how funny though that the male jawbone finishes growing @ about age 23. Again, very interesting that dr.'s have picked the min. age to prescribe HRT to be 25 or maybe b/c you havent finished growing in all areas??
08-29-2005, 03:53 PM #12
Ya its cool to be the big kid at your age but trust me bro just wait dont want to fuk up anything down the road for yourself grow as big as you can naturally by waiting and then think about it when the times right
08-29-2005, 03:57 PM #13
I'd listen to thejuiceisloose... hold off, sure what he said as cons may not happen, but do you want to risk it?
08-29-2005, 04:17 PM #14
all these bros are right on. Besides would you really risk becoming impotent w/ erectile dysfuction in your 20s, not to mention all the other possible health issues? I sure the hell wouldnt risk that
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM #15New Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
liftin is wun of da onlyy things i got and i went on a crazy diet and lost a shitload of strength and want 2 gain it back but triple it and want to get alot more mass and get ripped. wat do u think i should do?Im not an amature i know a lot and i wont abuse or **** ma self up ill take precautions and post cycle meds and meds during the cycle n everything the whole 9 yards and i have a lot of info and always looking for more research and have help with guyz like you and will go get check ups from my doctor and get blood tests and everything?What do you guyz think?Thanx
08-29-2005, 06:06 PM #16
08-29-2005, 06:48 PM #17
I think you have already made up your mind.
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM #18Originally Posted by SouthSideBeast
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)