eGGz is offline Anabolic Member

Dull Terumo, Ouch!

I have had good luck with Terumo in the past so it must have just been a dull pin. I injected both pecs with 1.5cc of test E & Deca mixed this morning. The right side went in smooth as silk but the left side hurt like hell.

I like to pierce the skin quickly but when I tried the left pec depressed about an inch before the needle would even break the skin and then it hurt all the way in and coming back out too. That was must have been one dull needle. I always change pins after drawing so that was not the issue.

Anyone else run into a extra dull needle in an otherwise good sharp batch?

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    the needle not wanting to go in happens to me sometimes, but i always thought it was because i was tensing up without realizing it.. i guesse a dull needle makes more sense as the cause of the problem.

Yeah, tensing up would definately make the pin harder to push into the muscle but I think it would and should pierce the skin with relative ease.

This sucker did not want to break the skin at all. I hope I don't run into this any more or I'll be looking for a different brand.

snowfox is offline Associate Member
    I like BD (Becton Dickenson) for all my needles. The needles are coated with sillicon which just makes em glide in.

But of course Terumo's are cheaper.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I have had good luck with Terumo in the past so it must have just been a dull pin. I injected both pecs with 1.5cc of test E & Deca mixed this morning. The right side went in smooth as silk but the left side hurt like hell.

I like to pierce the skin quickly but when I tried the left pec depressed about an inch before the needle would even break the skin and then it hurt all the way in and coming back out too. That was must have been one dull needle. I always change pins after drawing so that was not the issue.

Anyone else run into a extra dull needle in an otherwise good sharp batch?
    Yes,I've had that happen more than once.Years of scar tissue doesn't help much either.

~Pinnacle~

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    change every injection regardless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dull Terumo, Ouch!-needle%5B1%5D.jpg  

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    I got a batch of Terumo needles that were dull as hell too. I bought some BD needles and they went in like butter! I'll never buy Terumo again. I may have just got a bad run, but I have a friend that says he had a similar experience with Terumo needles.
    Please don't flame me too bad. That's just my opinion based on my experience. Others here may like Terumo.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    change every injection regardless
    I agree and I always do.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Dull pokes seam to hurt more coming out then in for me! As far as dull pokes theres always a few in the bunch I usually inspect the end before i inject. I can usually tell if the tips are bent just a little or something.

Thread Information