tempbrit is offline Member

Scare in Customs

I travel internationally nearly 80% of the time. I spend significant amounts of time in Brazil and have a Dr. there who has prescribed for me Test and Var and I have been able to get it legally and from a legitimate pharmacy. However, this trip, the Dr. was on Vacation and I really was hoping to get the gear for my next cycle. I go to the pharmacy and they initially tell me know, but eventually give in after I agree to a small "additional fee"...very common in Brazil.

So I came back to the US this morning and passed through customs which I have done thousands of times. However, this time the customs agent asked me to step aside and asked me a few questions about why I was in Brazil and why I travel so much internationally. Apparantly there was concern over my extensive travel. The guy made me sit in this glass room and said that an agent would be with me in a few minutes, and proceeded to frisk me. I was waiting for the handcuffs to be slapped on as well.

I am totally freaking out and literally sweating that I was going to get busted. I had 10Kmgs of Test Cyp in about 60 amps and a ton of Var. I sit there for 35 minutes and finally this guy comes into the room and asks me exactly what I do. I explained to him what I did and then he said grab your stuff and run it through the scanner and then someone will be waiting to manually inspect your luggage. I am thinking I am going to jail, my business is going to be ruined and life will cease to exist. Well the luggage went through the scanner and I am not sure how they missed the 60 AMPS, but it went right on by. Luckily the guy came back and said that everything checked out and I was free to go.

After walking out of there and changing my underwear from literally sh!tting my pants, I started breathing again.

I found out later that the scanner is a agricultural inspection and only looks for food products. It was scary as hell and not sure I am going to try that again.

maximus193 is offline New Member
    Damn bro, what a learning expereince.

Luck was on your side for sure.

Sometimes the risks outweigh the benefits; especially when you own your own business.....

Spyder is offline Member
    I would have crapped myself too, im happy to hear everything worked out for the better.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Better to mail stuff to yourself or a friend. Congrats on not getting busted...Good to read.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-29-2005 at 10:10 AM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    For someone that travels as much as you do...that was very stupid trying to sneak that stuff past customs.
    U got lucky.

tempbrit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    For someone that travels as much as you do...that was very stupid trying to sneak that stuff past customs.
    U got lucky.
    It was very stupid considering what I had at risk to lose.

However, considering over the last 4 years, I have passed through customs primarily in Miami well over 400 times. I have only been stopped once for a search that they actually passed on.

Talking with some of my other colleagues, this scanning thing that they are doing is focused on finding Agricultural products that would include Marijuana and Coke and other prohibited plants and veggies that people try and smuggle in. Not sure if they can see Gear.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempbrit
    It was very stupid considering what I had at risk to lose.

However, considering over the last 4 years, I have passed through customs primarily in Miami well over 400 times. I have only been stopped once for a search that they actually passed on.

Talking with some of my other colleagues, this scanning thing that they are doing is focused on finding Agricultural products that would include Marijuana and Coke and other prohibited plants and veggies that people try and smuggle in. Not sure if they can see Gear.
    Those guys in customs are trained to spot behavior that you may not realise that you're putting off. If you usually don't carry stuff over illegally then you never had anything to worry about in the past. Being tense is probably the easiest sign to read.

Dexta is offline Associate Member
    scary shit man, good read though. Thanks for posting

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Nice post bro i remeber coming through customs with not even a 10th of what you had coming back from mexico and was shit*in myself thank god everything went by alright

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    thats good everything worked out. Lucky you. With my luck, i would have been busted, and beaten near death. So dude, you really crapped your pants. Pissing them i can see, but crappin them? Come on

BIGD2515 is offline Junior Member
    scary bro good read

dogfight is offline Associate Member
    isn't mailing sh*t to yourself make you look more suspect than tryin to pass customs

Thread Information