wguttrid is offline Junior Member

Went to Doctor, have high Blood Pressure!!!

Well guys, went to the Doctor for a health check-up and appears my Blood Pressure iis quite high, and I am not even on anything at the moment. Been done PCT for a while. Need to check my Blood Pressure for a week or so then go back to the Doctor.

Hoping excercise and diet will fix but have a feeling I will need medication, know it runs in my family. I have been honest with my Doctor about my steroid use . When it comes to the point where I need medication should I recomened a certain kind so I have no interefernce with future cycles.

Cycle I am looking at this fall winter is a Test E, Tren or EQ cycle.

What kind of medication would not interfere with the above gear and cause more harm then good but still help to keep my blood pressure down.

Thanks, guys

Have posted a similar question on another board, and here is the medication breakdown used to fight high BP that someone posted there for me.

Diuretics--also called water pills because they work in the kidney and flush excess water and sodium from the body.

Beta-blockers--reduce nerve impulses to the heart and blood vessels. This makes the heart beat slower and with less force. BP drops and the heart works less hard.

ACE inhibitors--prevent the formation of a hormone called angiotensin II, which normally causes blood vessels to narrow. The ACE inhibitors cause the vessels to relax.

Angiotensin antagonists--shield blood vessels from angiotensin II. As a result, the vessels become wider.

Calcium channel blockers--keep calcium from entering the muscle cells of the heart and blood vessels. This causes the blood vessels to relax.

Alpha-blockers--reduce nerve impulses to blood vessels, which allows blood to pass more easily.

Alpha-beta-blockers--work the same way as alpha-blockers but also slow the heartbeat, as beta-blockers do. As a result, less blood is pumped through the vessels.

Nervous system inhibitors--relax blood vessels by controlling nerve impulses. This causes the blood vessels to become wider.

Vasodilators--directly open blood vessels by relaxing the muscle in the vessel walls.

Which ones are to be avoided when you are a AAS user, and which ones are recomemned?

Thanks again.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    What exactly was your bp? 150/90?

It was really high when i was there, belive she said it was 185/95. Was nervous as hell being there which she could tell. So think that is why she wants me to check it for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by wguttrid
    It was really high when i was there, belive she said it was 185/95. Was nervous as hell being there which she could tell. So think that is why she wants me to check it for a week.
    Yeah, that is very high bro. Your health is more important than AAS. Did you get your cholesterol checked? If not, do that ASAP. If you did, what are the LDL and HDL readings?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-30-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Unoid is offline Member
    you cna be safe hovering 150/100 on cycle. but after you should do your best to get it to 130/85 off cycle.

high Bp for short periods won't necessarily cause problems, Most highBP problems are chronic and over 10-20years which cause disease and kidney failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    you cna be safe hovering 150/100 on cycle. but after you should do your best to get it to 130/85 off cycle.

high Bp for short periods won't necessarily cause problems, Most highBP problems are chronic and over 10-20years which cause disease and kidney failure.
    The main reason for high BP on cycle, especially high androgens, is the simple increase of blood volume. Increased red blood cells.

Seatle Junk, I went in for bloodwork this morning, having the full range of items checked. They said results won't be back until Friday, so have to sit back and wait. When I get them I will be sure to post them here.

But getting back to my question, is anyone here currently taking any sort of medication to control their blood pressure and how are you making out?

Quote Originally Posted by wguttrid
    Seatle Junk, I went in for bloodwork this morning, having the full range of items checked. They said results won't be back until Friday, so have to sit back and wait. When I get them I will be sure to post them here.

But getting back to my question, is anyone here currently taking any sort of medication to control their blood pressure and how are you making out?
    My gf's Dad takes bp medicine and it works but he's a heavy drinker too. Still driinks so he uses the bp meds to lower it which is bad. He's a rich bastard with a lot of stress in his life due to business.

Do you have a stressful job or life? Do you drink quite a bit while off cycle?

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Only feedback I can give besides not to cycle until this is under control is that you can use Hawthorn berry which is a natural herb to help lower your BP. This stuff really does work and is a safe alternative to pharmacuetical BP meds. Good luck man.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    I had this same issue. Went to the Dr. and BP was way High. Did all this blood work all turned out ok. I was on BP meds for about 3 months. I went last week for a recheck and my bp was low enough with out being on BPmeds and I don't have to see my dr for a year. It just takes a while for your BP to come down. Give it some time.

dtr98 is offline Member
    have high bp, taking, diovan hct and toprol xl, and bp is lower on cycle

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    Only feedback I can give besides not to cycle until this is under control is that you can use Hawthorn berry which is a natural herb to help lower your BP. This stuff really does work and is a safe alternative to pharmacuetical BP meds. Good luck man.
    is this from personal experience? i know some studies have shown improvements in blood pressure but these effects have been mild (maybe there's something more out there but i really don't feel like doing a pubmed search at this time). and most of the patients were elderly or patients with CHF. 185/95 is up there. make sure that when you go in next time you try to relax yourself as much as possible, and that there is no "white-coat syndrome" causing an elevated reading. watch for any other signs as well. blurry vision, headaches, chest pain, numbness or tingling in extremeties... these are all signs that you may need to go to the ER due to a hypertensive crisis. i wouldn't worry too much. you're bp may come back down on its own. just keep an eye out on yourself. and try to get rid of sources of unnecessary stress.

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Monitor your sodium intake. If your eating fast food or cold meats more than once a week, don't question why your blood pressure is high.
    Drink more water and do more cardio.
    Lose some weight.
    Eat 6-7 servings of fruit per day.

Mine was 155/105 before my cycle. I am now 126/68 on my cycle, I just adjusted my diet and cardio. If you have high blood pressure, get it checked every week until you've gotten it under control and try to master it before taking meds. Blood pressure meds will **** you up bad.

Well guys, got my blood results back in and everything check out. No problems anywhere, only problem is high blood pressure. Had an EKG to check my heart due to having high blood pressure and it is OK.

So no I have been presecrived Atenolol, which is a Beta Blocker, so at the moment Ephrenine is out of the question due to it stating in the fact sheet with my meciation that you should not take this medication with pseudoephedrine. How about clen ????

The next question I have is can I go on a Test E and EQ cycle while on this medication. Can any one help me here was planning to start ths cycle end of september. Help is needed!

bump, any information will be greatly appreciated.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    mine used to run higher...when i do my cardio now i bust my arse. try the stair stepper but run up it as long as you can handle at least 3x week. not what you want to hear im sure but it works for me and im now off all bp meds

Gonna step up the cardio like you say and see what happens.

But getting back, is there any certian steroids you should not use while you are on a beta blocker?

Thread Information