Thread: Stretch marks?

Lift Chief is offline Member

Stretch marks?

People talk about 20 30 pounds of weight in just 4 or 5 weeks... does something like that cause hard core stretch marks that are going to mkae you look all fucked up- or do stretch marks from this sort of thing go away. Just wondering havent seen much on this subject.

flex321 is offline Member
    they won't go away, once you get them you have them. Use coco butter before you get them, this will help stop them from coming. I have lots of big stretch marks under my armpits from gaining lots of weight in a short time. I don't particularly want them but I have them so I just think of them as great signs of the improvements that I wanted. I know guys that are natural and have stretch marks from gaining muscle. If you get them from gaining nice size that is quality I wouldnt mind

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    Everytime I get them I put vitamin E oil on them (30,000I.U. from Vitamin World) for awhile and they go away.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Stretch are caused by your body growing to quick for the skin you can not cure it you can only try and provent it. I use vit E cream rubbed over my body its ment to give it more elasticity...

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I use vit e

Homercles is offline New Member
    Tell your lady that inorder to preserve your good looks, she needs to rub vit.E oil all over your body... everyday.

McBain is offline Member
    I thought there is nothing you can do to really prevent stretch marks? I'm worried about going on my first cycle I might get some bad ones because I got a couple bad ones under my arm pits last winter and that was without any supps or anything.

bodyd19 is offline Junior Member
    From my knowlege in anatomy, (i AM A BIO MED MAJOR) Stretch marks are caused by hormonal imbalance and growing to fast for the skin to grow with it.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by bodyd19
    From my knowlege in anatomy, (i AM A BIO MED MAJOR) Stretch marks are caused by hormonal imbalance and growing to fast for the skin to grow with it.
    Is there anything to your knowledge that would help prevent stretch marks from occuring? I would like an answer from someone who has some medical background or just knows enough that they can sound like they do.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Thanks guys for all your help... i'll def be getting some vitamin e oil with my cycle just in case!

bodyd19 is offline Junior Member
    It really doesent matter if your use vitamin e or coco butter, which both keep the skin moisterised, but as long as your keep it moisterised with either e oil , butter, or lotion, make sure your do it reguraly before and after your work outs.

I have them from growing 135lbs to 190lbs but my way is to gout into the sun and just tan over them, so they are not as noticable.

McBain is offline Member
    One thing I might add about stretchmarks is although they fade with time, when you get older (in your 40's or 50's) they can actually become more apparrent. I am unsure why this happens, but I've talked to older lifters and they have claimed this.

bad dude is offline New Member
    I've been told that mederma works also. It is made for scars I believe.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by bad dude
    I've been told that mederma works also. It is made for scars I believe.
    Is this OTC or prescription? I am unfamiliar with it, can you offer any information you have on it?

Thread Information