Sophia is offline New Member

HELP.........Answers Please !

Hi Everyone I am new to this board, but not to the fitness industry. I have worked as a personal Trainer and fitness instructor for over 16 years. I have been in and around gyms most of my life. In the last 4 years my husband has started using some things to " Enhance " his body. He went from 180lbs to about 240. He looks great, but we are starting to encounter some issues. Mental issues. In the last 5 months we have separated because of the change in his head. He has become obsessed with guys I went out with before we were married. He gives me crap and we fight all the time about old boyfriends. He has lost friends that he has had for years and now his psychotic behavior has taken a toll on our marraige. I cant even talk to another guy at the gym without him thinking I want to do him. He left me saying he could not deal with my "past". OK heres the kicker...........we have been married 27 years ! I know he is acting crazy, but he says he just cant get over it. I have a good idea its the juice, but cant get him to see whats happening. Help..........any suggestions ?? He wont even consider getting off. Oh yea, did I mention he now has high blood pressure and asthma ! I would appreciate any help you could give me

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Wow, sounds like he does have some imbalances going on for him. I hope he doesnt have to fall further to realize he may not be mentally/physically healthy. Any clue what type of drugs he has been taking? This may explain why he may be so insecure, paranoid, depressed...etc

j-dog is offline Associate Member
    I don't think any of us are qualified to give him or you the help that he needs! Some people just can't handle the gear. Obviously and unfortunantly for you it seems that he maybe dosen't trust himself and it's easier to put the blame on you rather than accept responsibility for his own problems and maybe addiction to steriods . Is that all he is doing? It's a pretty extreme reaction to the juice.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    What kind of anabolics is he/did take?

~Pinnacle~

If you have been married for 27 years and he started juicing in the last four maybe he was too old to start that could explain the over the top behavior.

I havent been around here long enough, but am I allowed to say on here ?

You can name them just don'y say where he got them from.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes you can say what he is taking. Is he taking any other kinds of prescription medication?

Good ? longhorn. Is your husband on any anti depressants or mind altering drugs legal or illegal?

ok I dont know my products, but I do know I have seen .........dont laugh if I get these wrong, youll get the picture
    Decca
    Stansol ?
    Testosteroe
    HGH
    and more.
    He keeps them locked up, so I cant go look now. He told me he did abuse them at first. Shit he blew up in like 4 months !

On another note.60 lbs in 4 yrs for a guy in his upper 40's isn't to shabby.Unless alot of fat is in the mix as well.

~Pinnacle~

he has also been taking pain medications and some valium

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    that valium will f*ck u up. as well as other pain pills-get him off of those first. my lil brother is n a rehab type center for all kinds of situations n i talk with the counslers all the time and they always talkin bout how crazy some of their patients act on that shit so they take em off n that that is hard on them to come off but it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia
    he has also been taking pain medications and some valium
    I know those 2 types of medication can/do cause mood swings.

I'm not a doctor,but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I know those 2 types of medication can/do cause mood swings.

I'm not a doctor,but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

~Pinnacle~
    very funny ! I do like a guy with a good sense of humor. Too bad my husband has lost his

Valium highly addictive as are most pain pills. are the pain pills opiate based narcotics? If they are then he could be having withdrawals similar to that of a herion addict. I really don't think the gear is 100% of the problem....anyone else?

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    tha gear is all in ur head, but the pills is wats part of this n il bet on that and jdogs right bout the witdrawls

Quote Originally Posted by j-dog
    Valium highly addictive as are most pain pills. are the pain pills opiate based narcotics? If they are then he could be having withdrawals similar to that of a herion addict. I really don't think the gear is 100% of the problem....anyone else?
    I dont think it is 100 % of the problem either, but I do think the mix has screwed his brain up. He is off the opiates and has been for about a month. He still takes the valium some. I just think he should get off everything for a while until he gets his brain back. He doesnt want to do anything anymore. He doesnt even go to the gym but about 2 days a week. He says he cant get off the stuff cause his testicals will shrink up to the size of raisins, but his sex drive is pretty much non existant anyway so whats the difference.

He says he cant get off the stuff cause his testicals will shrink up to the size of raisins, but his sex drive is pretty much non existant anyway so whats the difference.
    Quite the opposite actually.Testicular atrophy occurs while being "ON' too long.Coming off will bring his "Boys" back.With proper PCT of course.

~Pinnacle~

some body needs to set him up on a correct PCT he really needs to let his dr know what he has been up to. If he won't you may want to consider some type of intervention That may be the only way to help him. I feel for you I have a similar situiation with a loved family member who is addicted to meth and won't even try to stay clean, and blames the world and everyone else for her problems.

he has taken the clomaphine citrate. That looked familiar

Quote Originally Posted by j-dog
    some body needs to set him up on a correct PCT he really needs to let his dr know what he has been up to. If he won't you may want to consider some type of intervention That may be the only way to help him. I feel for you I have a similar situiation with a loved family member who is addicted to meth and won't even try to stay clean, and blames the world and everyone else for her problems.
    Oh yea ! He likes to blame everyone for everything. I have thought of intervention.

he has taken the clomaphine citrate. That looked familiar
    So he has come off in the past?He's aware of PCT then?Then why would he say his jewels would shrink up if he came off?He should know it's the opposite.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    So he has come off in the past?He's aware of PCT then?Then why would he say his jewels would shrink up if he came off?He should know it's the opposite.

~Pinnacle~
    Maybe hes just telling me that cause he wants to stay on. You know... an excuse. He has been off a few times, but I dont think long enough.

Tough love is a bitch but being tough can work sometimes once he lets the fog in his brain clear he will hopefully see that he is screwing things up and realize that all the chemicals were causing psychological problems for him Good luck let me KNow how it turns out for ya.

Thanks for everyones help. I am going surfing right now so I'll check back later. Somebody has to keep a clear head. Thanks

no problem sophia

Sounds like your hubby is seriously messed up. And in that case it's probably not a completely bad thing that he's gone. I know you love him, and somewhere in there the real him still loves you, but for now sadly, you should probably just give him some space and wait/hope for him to come down/back. At the same time, using intervals, let him know you're there for him and how you feel.

Thanks For The Help. Thats Kind Of A Sentimental Response From A Guy Dont You Think ? And Just For The Record, I Have Told Him I Love Him And Am Waiting For Him To Come Around. Believe Me, I'm No Slouch And Would Not Be Lonely Too Long If We Split For Good. So He Needs To Get It Together.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well, I think it's time for him to give up the steroids , get clean and see if he doesn't improve. If not then perhaps he should seek professional help from a psych. It's really hard to pinpoint something like that on a particular drug, was he always insecure and it is just compounded now that he's on aas? Perhaps some repressed feelings he can't keep in anymore? If he wants to work it out, I'd say step 1 is weening off the steroids, go from there. best of luck to you

Thanks For The Help. Thats Kind Of A Sentimental Response From A Guy Dont You Think ? And Just For The Record, I Have Told Him I Love Him And Am Waiting For Him To Come Around. Believe Me, I'm No Slouch And Would Not Be Lonely Too Long If We Split For Good. So He Needs To Get It Together.
    We all feel for you Sophia.I,like the others,think it's far more rooted than just anabolics.What the press would like ppl to believe about steroids ,and the real truth,are two very different things.
    Possibly consult someone in the mental health industry.No one here on line can help you with your issue.We're pretty much gym rats killing time talking about anabolics.That's it.

I wish you the best!Good Luck.

~Pinnacle~

big_C is offline Member
    Sounds to me like the gear is messin' with him, I'm no doc, non of us are, but I think it's safe to say we've all cycled and I personally have never acted like that with my wife. I think I'm more annoying off cycle than on!! Anyway, get some counsoling and be honest with eachother, especially him, ask him about the gear and talk, my wife knows all that I do, and our relationship is better for it. I can hear the chants now...GO TO OPRA, GO TO OPRA!!

G-13 is offline Member
    I think its time for you to decide if you love this man or not, i am not judging you, so dont take this the wrong way...If you love him...then love him, support him,be there for him cherish him and honor him,and try to understand him. If he treats you like shit then leave,if he abuses you then leave, if you dont love him then leave....but dont leave him when he needs you most,if you feel he loves you and you love him back..maybe you need a break.

And i got news for you, i know your here for help, but when you make comments like,,"I'm No Slouch And Would Not Be Lonely Too Long If We Split For Good. So He Needs To Get It Together:"

Well your a woman, and have no doubt you wouldnt be lonely to long,but that statement cast you in the same light as about what 99.99% of what we think of women in general are, and you dont want to know what that is, because it sounds like your husband has already covered that with you.
    IM not saying your like that...just an observation
    He has a problem,help him!!
    Last edited by G-13; 08-31-2005 at 10:32 PM. Reason: speeeling

Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    I think its time for you to decide if you love this man or not, i am not judging you, so dont take this the wrong way...If you love him...then love him, support him,be there for him cherish him and honor him,and try to understand him. If he treats you like shit then leave,if he abuses you then leave, if you dont love him then leave....but dont leave him when he needs you most,if you feel he loves you and you love him back..maybe you need a break.

And i got news for you, i know your here for help, but when you make comments like,,"I'm No Slouch And Would Not Be Lonely Too Long If We Split For Good. So He Needs To Get It Together:"

Well your a woman, and have no doubt you wouldnt be lonely to long,but that statement cast you in the same light as about what 99.99% of what we think of women in general are, and you dont want to know what that is, because it sounds like your husband has already covered that with you.
    IM not saying your like that...just an observation
    He has a problem,help him!!
    I understand what you are saying. I have been supporting him. If you would have read the post you would have seen that we are already seperated..........his choice. And as for what 99.99 % of women are, please. I have been married to him for 27 years and never had another man even kiss me which is more than I can say for him ! So go start your he-man woman haters club. We are not all a certain way. I just thought there may have been some on here who may have had some of the same psychological issues and didnt know where else to go. We have been in counciling and he is seeing a doctor that he has not told about the anabolics, so whats wrong with that picture !

Thread Information