xxterxx is offline Associate Member

T3 or T4 for cutting?

hi bros... i am planning a cutting cycle... i wanted to use T3 but many people say its dangerous and recommended me T4 instead? whats the difference is T4 as effective as T3? and is T3 really that dangerous?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxterxx
    hi bros... i am planning a cutting cycle... i wanted to use T3 but many people say its dangerous and recommended me T4 instead? whats the difference is T4 as effective as T3? and is T3 really that dangerous?
    T3 is converted from T4,so it makes total sense to go with T3.
    I don't regard T3 as dangerous.It surely isn't any more risky than running anabolics.If taken in short term runs,your thyroid will recover rather easily.

~Pinnacle~

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    T4 is very weak in comparison. I would just stick with t3

If you pm marcus300 he will tell you all you need to know, he is very knowledgeable and cant do enough to help. Id say go with the T4 though because T3 is far more likley to damage your thyroid gland FOR EVER!

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    If you pm marcus300 he will tell you all you need to know, he is very knowledgeable and cant do enough to help. Id say go with the T4 though because T3 is far more likley to damage your thyroid gland FOR EVER!
    T3 wont damage it forever... do some more research

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    T3 is also safe for long term use. See the T3 Profile.

Ive done plenty of research and know of at least one person who after taking T3 now has to take thyroid drugs daily. If the were no risks at all everyone would use it.

Ive done plenty of research and know of at least one person who after taking T3 now has to take thyroid drugs daily. If the were no risks at all everyone would use it.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that any drug is risk free.
    Why look for a pissing match when you are so new to this board?

BTW....Welcome.

~Pinnacle~

Good post Pinnacle.

Doctors regularly perscribe T3 for people with hypothyroidism (low output).
    Some take it for ever on a daily basis to replace their lack of production. Taking it without the aforementioned condition does not cause the condiition even for long periods of time as numerous studies attest. Again do some research XXTERXX, and by all mean READ THE VERY INFORMATIVE T3 POST IN THE PROFILES, WHICH EVEN SITES SOME RELEVANT STUDIES!!!

Just because im new to this board doesnt mean im new to bodybuilding,im just telling you what i know.
    Never judge a book by its cover!

bignbald02 is offline Junior Member
    I think it would be great if someone put an educational thread up about T3. cause i did search after search about that compound and everything i came up with was all opinionated and wishy-washy. I would love to try it too but i would like to see some good concrete guidlines on how to use it properly and medical reasons why it should be taken that way. so if anyone one can help i'll definitley keep this thread checked cause im interested too....thx bros.-------P.S. i aint tryin to steal ur thread dude oops lol

Just because im new to this board doesnt mean im new to bodybuilding,im just telling you what i know.
    Your credibility wasn't invaded.The question is/was why the attitude for being new to this/any board in the world?I think it's best to get to know ppl first,then you can state your views and ppl will respect your opinion.

Have a nice day.

~Pinnacle~

Well put.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Eat beef it has T2 in it, haha (true tho). Yes T3 is much more powerful and suppressive to natural thryoid prodcution b/c is bypasses all stages of production. T4 does NOT bypass ALL stages just the first stages. It is converted in the liver to T3. During calorie restricted diets, the enzyme responsible for t4-t3 conversion is limited so T4 many be of little use in 'starvation' diets.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    What does your cover say?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    T4 does NOT bypass ALL stages just the first stages. It is converted in the liver to T3. During calorie restricted diets, the enzyme responsible for t4-t3 conversion is limited so T4 many be of little use in 'starvation' diets.
    ditto...starvation or the standard cutting diet...

The standard cutting diet requires one to ingest less calories than are necessary for maintenance. As stated above, the limiting factor in t4 to t3 conversion is an enzyme. The enzyme's production is reduced drastically when caloric intake is less than maintenance...making exogenous t4 administration all but useless.

I'd stick to t3.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    ditto...starvation or the standard cutting diet...

The standard cutting diet requires one to ingest less calories than are necessary for maintenance. As stated above, the limiting factor in t4 to t3 conversion is an enzyme. The enzyme's production is reduced drastically when caloric intake is less than maintenance...making exogenous t4 administration all but useless.

I'd stick to t3.
    You must be on AAS (19 nor + test) during the restricted caloric diet with t3 or it will eat muscle like no tomorrow.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    You must be on AAS (19 nor + test) during the restricted caloric diet with t3 or it will eat muscle like no tomorrow.
    Not true. I have taken clen +T3 on several occasions and I have never used gear. I was flat while running them but about 2 weeks after the cycle I was full as hell again and more cut! The muscle loss caused by T3 is not as severe as many people say. It all depends on your dosages, cycle duration and diet.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Not true. I have taken clen+T3 on several occasions and I have never used gear. I was flat while running them but about 2 weeks after the cycle I was full as hell again and more cut! The muscle loss caused by T3 is not as severe as many people say. It all depends on your dosages, cycle duration and diet.
    Ditto...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Well, not in this subject... sorry.

Whoever is saying that taking T3 is behind his usage of long-term thyroid hormone more than likely either:
    a) Misused the compound.
    b) Likely was hypothyroid to begin with to some extent.

T3-usage have never been linked to permanent thyroid suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Have you ran T3 by itself? I have. And no, it isn't as catabolic as most people preach on these boards (at low-moderate doses).I didn't notice any LBM-loss on T3..... most of the "LBM-losses" people claim from T3-usage is from the glycogen depletion that occurs while on it.... your mind plays with you while you're cutting. Keep in mind, that my diet is great, and I eat ample amounts of protein throughout the day.

Thread Information