Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Coleman

trisdog is offline Associate Member

Ronnie Coleman

So i just got finished watching that redemption video.. that guy is inhuman, He looks like he came straight out of a comic book.. Anyway What the hell do you think this guy is taking.. gearwise?? and how long has he been doing it? what kind of cycles do you think he runs?

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    I would assume nothing less than 2 grams test a week, constant gh, 150mcg igf-1, probally tren 'off cycle' and probally double that whist 'on' - but who really knows except the big man himself, but he would have been juicin for almost 2 decades.

In my opinion the gut draws away from his monsterous size, but watchin the video it looks like his truly from another world.

I wonder if he would do good in the UFC, just rip peoples limbs off

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdog
    I wonder if he would do good in the UFC, just rip peoples limbs off
    Naw, not limber enough and you actually have to know how to fight. UFC is very technical and stocked with skilled fighters. He would get killed. Just imagine Chuck Lidell popping him in the head a few times until he got knocked out. It wouldn't be pretty. Or the big Russian dude that kills everybody in Pride Japan.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-11-2005 at 09:50 PM.

I remember watching some diesal guy from Staten Island on the UFC, all he had was muscle, He went out swinging and did prettty good.. although he did get beat, He won like 2 or 3 figghts i believe from raw strength, Say we teach ronnie some good old basics!

Ronnie may have strength but that will do him no good if his opponent has any speed, I mean there is the sterotype that bodybuilders are slow and shit, but at ronnies size I doubt he would be able to hold his own against UFC fighters.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    He never speaks about it. Damn! And he'll probally go to the grave with his secrets.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Ronnie isnt limber? He can do the full splits man...

another myth of bodybuilding dispelled = there is no such thing as muscle bound unless you just barely worked out or something and are all tight

you kidding me, anybody in the UFC would mangle his ass. That guy can hardly finish a sentence without running short of breath, how the hell would he handle a few min in the ring?

You guys are underestimating the power of raw strength, Yea those guys are trained in the UFC especially the grapplers, But they never fight people that can pick them up and tear right out of thier holds. You try to put ronnie in any kind of submission hold.. all he has to do is flex.. and don't assume becuase he is that big that he is slow.. I think he would hold his own

ward065 is offline Member
    there are diff levels of being muscle bound- when i didnt work out i could touch my shoulder easily with my hand. now i can't, my bicep is kind of in the way. (if i want to itch my right shoulder with my right hand, i can't do it so easily lol)

Undertow is offline New Member
    Nobody that size is going to have great cardio...the heart wasn't meant to supply blood to a body that large. Frankly, Ronnie would get tooled in mixed martial arts. Also, you won't find many mixed martial artists who underestimate strength because anyone who is a follow has seen Bob Sapp. Bottom line...it doesn't matter how strong Ronnie Coleman is, he can still get choked unconscious. It doesn't matter how strong his arm is, it will still be weaker than a heavyweight's whole body. Plus I'd imagine he'd be winded almost immediately. It would be fun to watch though.

JuicyJim is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    Ronnie isnt limber? He can do the full splits man...

another myth of bodybuilding dispelled = there is no such thing as muscle bound unless you just barely worked out or something and are all tight

Anybody who thinks ronnie can do well in UFC needs to join us back on planet earth. did anybody see ronnie on jay leno?? the man could not even run without falling over, hes slow as shit. ronnie IS MUSCLE BOUND. DOING A SPLIT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE FAST. AND IT 'S NOT A FULL SPLIT ANYWAYS HIS THIGH MUCLES ARE SO BIG HE CAN ONLY GO DOWN HALF WAY

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJim
    Anybody who thinks ronnie can do well in UFC needs to join us back on planet earth. did anybody see ronnie on jay leno?? the man could not even run without falling over, hes slow as shit. ronnie IS MUSCLE BOUND. DOING A SPLIT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE FAST. AND IT 'S NOT A FULL SPLIT ANYWAYS HIS THIGH MUCLES ARE SO BIG HE CAN ONLY GO DOWN HALF WAY
    I wasnt saying ronnie could compete in fights, I'm just saying he IS flexible and "Limber", that doesnt even mean he's fast..

lim·ber1 Audio pronunciation of "limber" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lmbr)
    adj.

1. Bending or flexing readily; pliable.
    2. Capable of moving, bending, or contorting easily; supple.

lol, I wasnt sayin he can beat anyones ass, I just know he can do the splits brooooooo

Uconish is offline Member
    he might hold his own the the UFC, but he will for sure get his ass handed to him in PRIDE. One kick to the head from guys like Crocop(sp) and lights out baby. The only thing that worries me is that all the gH he takes maight have made his skull as think as a phone book.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    nobody knows....skill and luck have alot to do with fighting...i say 75 percent skill and 25 percent luck. ronnie is so strong but not built for fighting...but it could also give him a upperhand. 6 months of training to fight could make a difference..although alot of these guys have been training for a decade. he is twice as strong..if he could learn to block attacks with decent skill..all it would take is for him to get a grip and he could break anything he flexed on pretty quickly...<and oh yea...i would like to see somebody put a choke hold on ronnie...all he would have to do his reach back and grab a leg and pull it and break it.

its one thing to have a 5'10 190 pnd skilled fighter..competing with a 6'3 225 pnd fighter. anything could ride...but 300 pnds of pure muscle and massive amount of stregth is in its own ball park.

Fighting is all mental (chess game) and cardio. Strength is not the main factor but a factor if the fighther is in cardio shape. The UFC and Pride has become very technical and a real sport. Vegas has bettting lines on UFC fights now so that is a step towards mainstream. I think the UFC rules are pretty good and shows what would happen in a real fight situation in a controlled evironment to prevent injury. Now the Pride rules are a little barbaric. Kicking dudes in the head while they're on the ground is dangerous, period. I like pride with it's boxing ring and how the ref stops the fight to bring it to the middle or the fighters back to their feet to keep action going. UFC's cage looks cool to the WWF fan but it really slows down the fight when fighter rest or get pinned to the fence and go into defense only mode.

That King of The Cage crap with all of that yellow color in the ring is a bad one to watch. The PPV video broadcast is low quality too. I could do a better job with my digital vid cam. MOstly terrible out of shape fighters. Seems like they do it out of Reno, NV a lot. They are UFC rejects.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-11-2005 at 11:50 PM.

Darkness is offline Member
    You guys are underestimating the power of raw strength, Yea those guys are trained in the UFC especially the grapplers, But they never fight people that can pick them up and tear right out of thier holds. You try to put ronnie in any kind of submission hold.. all he has to do is flex.. and don't assume becuase he is that big that he is slow.. I think he would hold his own
    I have to agree, his brute force would make the UFC fighter's techniques futile, heck even if they could put him in a submission hold, he can freakin squat, deadlift and bench about 10 times what these UFC fighters weigh!!!!

gr8gear is offline Associate Member
    Imagine punching a concrete wall......granted he may be sluggish like a wet spunge, but the f@#$er weighs 300+ at competition weight, and if im not mistaken 400+ offseason. The next fighting expert that walks up to a dude his size and fights him can talk. Until then........Ronnie owns the ring!

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    I love this debate, keep it going..........I guess the only way we'd know for sure would be to see it happen.....and would I love to see that, hell everyone would. The intimidation factor alone would go a long way.
    Last edited by bradd5150; 08-12-2005 at 12:35 AM.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I remember a few years ago reading that Chris Cormier got smacked in the back of the head by Mike Tyson in some nightclub. Chris just backed away. That says something - I reckon Ronnie would get torn apart.

He may be inhumanly strong, but no clue as to technique - these guys have been fighting hard men all their life.

gr8gear is offline Associate Member
    assuming what you have said is true WelshWarrior, were talking about apples and oranges. Chris Cormier is 300+or- offseason. I dare Tyson, fighting skills or not to slap Ronnie in the back of the head. Tyson bights ears off......Ronnie bights heads off!

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    This thread really doesnt make any sense and isnt really talking about what the title of the thread is about

Spyder is offline Member
    Yeh i think Ronnie would hold his own, if was to grab one of those guys in some kind of hold he could break any part of their body

One king hit in the guts and Ronnies liver would explode!

Bob Sapp in K1 is enough to settle this debate. Sure, Sapp was the heavyweight champ for awhile but the last few he won were BS. Especially the one against Kimo, a much better fighter. Kimo was straight kicking Sapp's ass and he got knocked down. Now Kimo is no small dude, he's a 250lb Hawaiian dude that has been in MMA for years. One of the pioneers of UFC. He's in good shape too but he knows how to fight. THey let Sapp rest for like 5 minutes to catch his breath then he came in and bum rushed Kimo and eventually got him. But he barely won and he looked like shit at the end.

Now the 350lb Sapp loses every time to the top tier fighters. He got his ass beat by that black dude with the flat top. He can't win anymore. It's actually scarey watching these good fighters tee off on his head with kicks and punches. He could get serious brain damage if he keeps taking blows like that from pro kick boxers. He's just too big to get his defense up and protect his head. He gets winded so easily too. He looks like he's going to have a heart attack.

Or wait, is Sapp 400lbs?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-12-2005 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    One king hit in the guts and Ronnies liver would explode!
    Yeah but the bile would splash in his oppents eyes and blind him.

Schwarz is offline Member
    [QUOTE=trisdog]What the hell do you think this guy is taking.. gearwise??[QUOTE]

Just about everything he can get his huge hands on!!!

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Just about everything he can get his huge hands on!!!
    which is everything anyhow, maybe plus some things we haven't seen .....myostatin blockers anyone....

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    give me a break ronnie would get put down by a lightweight(no pun intended lol)hes so big and slow that he would be nothing more than a swinging punch bag,to a fighter don't make me laugh

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i dont think ronnie would last long in the ufc

and to answer the question about the original topic...i think ronnie just takes what is in his pill box that he shows in cost of redemtion and eats well...that is how he gets so big....

everytime someone is big someone always says i wonder what cycles he is on...how do you know big ron is on stuff?

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    everytime someone is big someone always says i wonder what cycles he is on...how do you know big ron is on stuff?
    You are joking...right???? No, no...your prolly right. 310 lbs and 4% bodyfat is completely attainable naturally. C'mon bro...you know better than that. He would have to have no myostatin gene or something.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Think you are right? brute power is underestimated, I did some Brazilian Ju and beat guys much more skilled than me, just bc I can dead-lift 440 (dont think anyone would try and wressle with him though, everyone in the UFC would litterly kick his as)

chris2wire is offline Member
    Dont forget ROnnie is going to die in about 5-10 years from all the gear he takes, so I dont think being agile and limber is a concern here....

The real question is how does he handle anesthetics and rehabilitation for all his heart surgery hes going to have to have.

Which should prolong his life to 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Dont forget ROnnie is going to die in about 5-10 years from all the gear he takes, so I dont think being agile and limber is a concern here....

The real question is how does he handle anesthetics and rehabilitation for all his heart surgery hes going to have to have.

How do you know he's going to die? That's what a lot of people said about Arnold, Ferrigno, etc back in the 80's. Dude is a super freak but he may be healthier than you think.

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    How do you know he's going to die? That's what a lot of people said about Arnold, Ferrigno, etc back in the 80's. Dude is a super freak but he may be healthier than you think.
    I thibk he will live longer bro's.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire

don't know if i would say that. aren't all of the mr. olympias still alive?? Since there is not a single case of death by steroids exclusively in the entire world, why do you think that Coleman would be the first?

got fina? is offline Member
    Get the hell out of town.
    Anybody with a little knowledge in fighting would ABUSE Ronnie Coleman in a fight.

And if he stepped into UFC vs someone like shamrock or Gracie they would tie him up in a knot.

I think UFC aint half of what it used to be. The first like 5 UFC's had all the greats.
    After that they started throwing too many rules in there and most of them left.

I think a light weight pro boxer would even throw him a quick beating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information