ward065 is offline Member

Can't do as much volume off cycle

it has been several weeks since my cycle has ended, and even though i have regained natural test ( i still feel it) from hcg , clomid, and trib, i still can't do as much volume as i was doing when on a cycle. All of the AAS have certainly completely worn off by now, which, of course is what i want, as i want to take a 3-4 month break before my next cycle.

On cycle i was doing 4-5 working sets per exercise generally. Quite a bit and i made excellent gains. Before my cycle i was doing 3 sets, suddenly i had much more energy to do more

Now i find that i can still have 3 good sets, but after that it tends to get quite tiring , and generally 3 is the most i can do (still at a high intensity and moderate reps, 8-12 for most bodyparts, i try to do 10-14 for legs)

Are there any more supps (NOT STEROIDS ) that i can take now to possibly excel my intensity. I still want to try to make some small gains off cycle if that is possible. I'm only 23, so i still have quite a bit of natural test, right?
    Last edited by ward065; 09-03-2005 at 05:28 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I faced the same problem when I used 4AD for a cycle. I was able to increase my workout frequency and duration. The gains I made were my best ever. When I went on PCT, I lost the gains that were attributed to the increased frequency and duration. There is no way that you can train with the duration and frequency you did when on. You'll never recover fast enough. So it makes me think that the next time I will not increase frequency and duration and just look for weight, rep, increases. I'm hoping that I'll be able to retain more of my gains this way.

Back to your question. At this point, try to keep your natural test levels as high as you possibly can with tribulus, ZMA, tongkat ali, multi-vitamin/mineral, etc. Some individuals will use Anavar as a bridge since it is not suppressive to your natural test levels.

i was reading about tongkat last evening, and i read that the potency of it varies, and the price also varies quite a bit too, so this leaves me in a big confusion of what to buy.

Anyway, though regarding the high volume i was doing, obviously you cannot do quite as much off a cycle, but i know that that high volume enabled me to make more gains (weight and rep) increases in the gym so i do not know what the issue would be of doing that while on a cycle? it's not like my workouts are sucking. it's just that for high intensity, i cannot do 5 heavy working sets, i can only do 3, after that i really am burnt. But, i have lost no strength or size since cycle ended.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    i was reading about tongkat last evening, and i read that the potency of it varies, and the price also varies quite a bit too, so this leaves me in a big confusion of what to buy.

Anyway, though regarding the high volume i was doing, obviously you cannot do quite as much off a cycle, but i know that that high volume enabled me to make more gains (weight and rep) increases in the gym so i do not know what the issue would be of doing that while on a cycle? it's not like my workouts are sucking. it's just that for high intensity, i cannot do 5 heavy working sets, i can only do 3, after that i really am burnt. But, i have lost no strength or size since cycle ended.
    From my readings, Biotest's product is the top tongkat product out there. It is pricey, just like all of Biotest's products.
    Keep me updated, if you don't mind, on your progress because I would like to see how much you retain before your next cycle. Good luck; hope that you succeed !

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    From my readings, Biotest's product is the top tongkat product out there. It is pricey, just like all of Biotest's products.
    Keep me updated, if you don't mind, on your progress because I would like to see how much you retain before your next cycle. Good luck; hope that you succeed !
    yeah, biotest also makes tribex. I didn't buy tribex though, i bought Optimum Nutrition Tribulus which is a lot cheaper. I assume that will still be good though?

That Red Kat stuff by biotest is expensive...like $35 for a 40 day supply....wonder if i can get that cheaper though, heh
    Last edited by ward065; 09-03-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Thread Information