MtnFoot is offline New Member

Over 40 - First Cycle Question

Intro:
    Ok...I am not some kid...I was born in the early 60s. I read all I could on these and other forums and every profile I could find and then wimped out somewhat for my first cycle because I thought I would take it slow. (first mistake)

Backgrnd:
    I am 6'2" started the cycle about 240lbs and have lifted solid for 3 yrs and SERIOUS for 1 yr. I eat like a horse but fairly clean (typical is 8-10 meals a day and ALWAYS 300-400 grams protein each day spread thoughout the day plus a lot of complex carbs). I do one body part per day 5 days a week intensely and 3-4 days cardio 30-45 minutes.

Issue:
    I read and believe that I should have done some stacking (was considering Deca /Test/Dbol ) but I wimped and went Deca only for the first cycle. I have my PCT ready and I am in the 5th week of 8 weeks planned. I went 1st week-250mg, 2nd week-400mg, 3rd week 400mg,4th week-400mg, 5th week 500mg so far.
    I have had slight improvement in my workouts and gained about 7 pounds but no ancilary side effects (acne, deca-dick, etc) and do not feel the heightened agression or energy I expected. I feel that I got legit gear (Decabol from a source approved by BD on their site and the label and packaging matches exactly) but just not seeing a lot of gain or improvement. Any thoughts for a do-it-yourself-old-newby besides the obvious that I should have done a stack?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by MtnFoot; 09-03-2005 at 10:15 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    You should have Test in that cycle.That is the growth factor,all other compounds are just secondary players.You'll see some gains on the scale,but bare in mind alot of that is water retention that will come off as soon as you cease your cycle.Very little of what you'll gain on your Deca cycle will be keepable.
    Also,you're in your 40's,so recovery won't be near as easy from Deca.It shuts you down really hard,especially since you don't have the support of Tesosterone.
    I do suggest you run Clomid for 28 days to bring your natural test levels back as quickly as possible.Nolv at 20 mgs ED will be needed as well for PCT.

~Pinnacle~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Also,you might want to consider getting off cycle now,recover,and plan another cycle for a months from now.You'll feel the strength improvements and aggression you were looking for when you run Test.Also,you'll feel like a 20 yr old again,in the sex department that is.A walking hard on is the easiets way to describe it.
    No need for all the other drugs.Just run a Test only cycle at 500 mgs wkly.You'll love it!!

~Pinnacle~

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Pin pretty much covered it. My suggestion to you would be to stop...Go into pct and wait it out until you're educated enough that you're comfortable with doing a well planned out cycle.
    We also have an over 30 forum on this board so you might wanna check that out.
    Test, Test, Test is what you should be looking at.
    Goodluck,

G-13 is offline Member
    Its not too late for him to add test and strech the deca out to 12 weeks. Granted it would only be about 5-6 weeks of test but i bet it would help.

Dont worry, i had a friend who did a deca only cycle for 12 weeks and gaind 14-15 lbs and he was 37, he went through pct and was fine.
    I dont think he should stop in the middle of his cycle..does anybody else have an opinion on this?

MtnFoot is offline New Member

Thanks ALL!

Thanks for all the advice! I will check out the over 30 area as well!

Thread Information