mb16610 is offline New Member

Question First Cycle Question (Test only vs Test/Deca)

Hi All,

I've been lifting naturally since I was 16yrs old. Was able to hit every body part 2X/week in High School and all throughout College. I'm 34 now, and needless to say, the gains (if any) come very slow. My muscle quality is harder and more defined than it was 10yrs ago, but my strength has gone south, mainly because of joint/tendon aches (shoulders, elbows, knees). I'm now only working out every body part 1X/week. The sex drive/quality has dwindled as well and is not half of what it was in my early to mid 20's.

My diet is excellent, currently 6'1 200lbs, lost about 10lbs in the past 8 months after adding 30min cardio 3X/week. After doing research over the past few months, I think I'm just about ready to add AAS to the mix.

For the very first cycle, will 200mg/wk of test cypionate for 10 weeks be enough to notice anything? This dose is what was suggested to me by a doctor, so everything will be supervised. I will also be getting arimidex and HCG for PCT. The doctor also suggested combining 200mg/week of Deca with the testosterone . This may come off like a dumb question, but will the Deca/Test cycle for 10 weeks be much more effective than just Test only?

I also don't really want to go above 200/250mg per week on either drug, as I'm not looking to rapidly add mass. Slow, steady quality gains are what I'm after. If my cycles are 10 weeks, what is a good off cycle period, 6 weeks?

Thanks to all in advance.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    Personally for a first, I would run Test E at 500 mg a week. I didn't do enough research for my first cycle, and ended up being stupid.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb16610
    Hi All,

I've been lifting naturally since I was 16yrs old. Was able to hit every body part 2X/week in High School and all throughout College. I'm 34 now, and needless to say, the gains (if any) come very slow. My muscle quality is harder and more defined than it was 10yrs ago, but my strength has gone south, mainly because of joint/tendon aches (shoulders, elbows, knees). I'm now only working out every body part 1X/week. The sex drive/quality has dwindled as well and is not half of what it was in my early to mid 20's.

My diet is excellent, currently 6'1 200lbs, lost about 10lbs in the past 8 months after adding 30min cardio 3X/week. After doing research over the past few months, I think I'm just about ready to add AAS to the mix.

For the very first cycle, will 200mg/wk of test cypionate for 10 weeks be enough to notice anything? This dose is what was suggested to me by a doctor, so everything will be supervised. I will also be getting arimidex and HCG for PCT. The doctor also suggested combining 200mg/week of Deca with the testosterone . This may come off like a dumb question, but will the Deca/Test cycle for 10 weeks be much more effective than just Test only?

I also don't really want to go above 200/250mg per week on either drug, as I'm not looking to rapidly add mass. Slow, steady quality gains are what I'm after. If my cycles are 10 weeks, what is a good off cycle period, 6 weeks?

that's kick ass that your doc's going to supervise your use. pertaining to your question...
    I wouldn't use deca at the same dose as your test. You run the risk of loosing your libido from the infamous "deca dick". If you do run deca, please run it at least 100mg less then your test.
    Personally, I would up the test from 200mg to 500mg weekly. 200mg is not a lot of test after you take out the weight of the ester (depending on the ester of test you use). As for time off between cycles "time on=time off" is the general rule of thumb, but since you have a doc supervising you, you should be able to have blood work done making it much clearer when you have fully recovered from your cycle.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by mb16610
    Hi All,

Ok bro.I'm 37 yr old.So I understand where your heads at.I also applaud you for waiting to take the plunge.
    Yes you will see results at 250 mgs wkly of Test.With that said,keep in mind this is your first cycle.Your body will drastically respond to anabolics initially.If you're looking to make minimal gains.Don't go above 350 mgs wkly.At 400-500 mgs on your first cycle.You'll blow up real quick and it will be noticable to everyone around you.
    Also,I think it's a great idea to run Deca with this.BUT,at a dose of 100 mgs wkly.This will help your joints out immensly.I run 100 mgs Deca year round bro.I NEVER have joint issues.
    I also suggest you run the cycle for 12 wks as opposed to 10.12 seems to be the magic number for running Test.The effects start to taper off in this time frame.

~Pinnacle~

mb16610 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not looking for real quick gains that will have everybody suspicious of what I'm doing. Just looking for a much needed boost in the gym without having sore and achy joints.

So, 250mg test combined with 100mg of deca ought to do the trick for 12 weeks?

Thread Information