westy is offline Junior Member

Delt Abscess Update

OK Went into Hospital Sat night as the pain I was getting from my Right Delt Abscess was doing my head in, also had a really high Temp/Fever

Was kept waiting 5hours until I so a Doc (Not Happy) then finally at 1am Sunday they Told me it needed Draining A.S.A.P... So was asked to stop in over night... Which I told them I couldn't has had a few things to clean up back home so arranged to come in on the Sunday Morning at 10am... Nothing to eat since 1am Sun Morning...

Anyway got there at 10am and was kept waiting till 11pm at night B4 they did the Op... 23 Hours Without anything to eat or drink... It was doing my head in big time!!!!

So they have drained it all off and left it open so the infection can get out... Has anyone else had this Op? and if so how long B4 you're back training or at work?
    I'm on HGH so this will prob help with the healing??

Thanks for any input...
    Westy
    UK

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    best of luck with your recovery. by chance do you have pics of what it looked like before they drained it?

westy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    best of luck with your recovery. by chance do you have pics of what it looked like before they drained it?
    Nope Sorry didn't take any photos..... Try and take some now if you wanna see them when I remove the dressing and re dress it... will be a big open wound...
    They said they leave it open so it can carry on draining out... What will the scar be like?? Hmmm not good... But sure GH will help...

Westy

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Show us some pics bros, and good luck with that.
    Do you have any advice to offer about this situation that could help other AR members out in the future?
    Good luck.
    Peace
    J.B.

Brianna is offline Junior Member
    I just had an abcess on my ass drained...This is week seven and I am still going daily for flushing, and packing to keep the wound open to allow that shit to drain out and heal. It heals from the bottom up so it takes awhile to heal. The doctor told me if I can deal with the pain that I should still work out because it will push the gunk out of the wound. I found myself taking a tylenol 3 or half a perkeset before the gym helped with the pain and got through all of my workouts. I would recommend the same for you, just put a large bandage on it at the gym to keep stuff coming out and bacteria getting in. Mine was also infected..I took one run of antibiotics and it was getting better and then the next week it got infected again..Then other holes formed naturally beside the other one the doctor cut out to allow it to drain. I had numerous channels of shit in my ass.. I blame the old fina that had the sediment in it..It might be a good idea to keep some cypro(anit bi) on hand incase it happens again..
    Hope it gets better soon...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I've had several on my delts in the past.I always suck the pinkish puss out with an 18g,let it sit overnight and repeat.Never had to go the doctors for it.Maybe I caught them in the early stages?
    If I had one on my ass,I def have to go for that.Reaching would be impossible.

~Pinnacle~

oliver2828 is offline Junior Member
    damn bro im sorry to hear about your infection. But i just have a quick question. How rare are abcess's and what causes them? I am very sterile and just wondering if i still have a chance of getting one?

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver2828
    damn bro im sorry to hear about your infection. But i just have a quick question. How rare are abcess's and what causes them? I am very sterile and just wondering if i still have a chance of getting one?
    mostly dirty/in-sterile gear. dirty injection sites. dirty needles.

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    That sucks westy. Hope everything heals right, and quick.

Thread Information