speedtraining is offline Senior Member

T-3 and Body Temp Very Important

How are T-3 and relative body temp associated in losing fat while on t3, ive read lots of posts from the past but can't put together all the information maybe some one can outline how they are correlated thanks.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Take your temp in the morning for a week as you adjust t3 dosage. You want your temp to be 98.6. If you're a little cooler than that, increase t3 by 20mcgs. If you're hotter than 98.6, decrease it. You are at max efficiency at 98.6 so you're burning fat without burning muscle. Too hot, you're burning muscle which is very bad. Always cycle AAS with t3 (+ clen ) to inhibit any muscle loss.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    here's some info i've posted before...take it as you will

"Thyroid hormones, on the other hand, offer significant benefits when used cautiously and "properly". They should not be used haphazardly as a fat loss agent however, instead they are valuable in correcting thyroid dysfunction brought on by androgen use. When done properly, T3 is used as "replacement therapy" and serves only to normalize decreased T3 levels. Research has shown that high dose androgens pushes T3 levels down (14,15). This is significant because the real value of optimal thyroid levels is not for fat loss, but instead for optimum anabolic activity. T3 has diverse facilitative anabolic effects including, increasing GH secretion(16,17), up-regulating GH receptors (18), up-regulating IGF-1 receptors (19,20), and other less well defined anabolic effects (21,22). Don’t get the wrong idea however, for T3 to facilitate anabolism, it must stay in the high normal range. A little too high or a little too low significantly changes the biological effects of thyroid hormones. Bringing T3 levels too high will undoubtedly backfire and lead to muscle, strength losses, and rebound fat gain.
    You will need regular ../../affiliates/hormone-levels.htm to determine the optimal dose of T3 (e.g. Cytomel ) to bring you up to the optimum range. If you are unwilling, or do not have access to, regular blood work I would not recommend using T3. The old "take your morning temperature" recommendation is simply too inaccurate. Most people use way too much T3 and cause more problems than anything else. However, if you are willing to take care of yourself while optimizing muscle gains, have your free T3 checked before using any T3, yet during your full dose androgen regimen. Try to bring your free T3 levels up to ~7.0-7.4 pmol/L. Your doctor may use conventional units on your blood work which means it will read in "pg/dL". If that’s the case bring your levels up to about 450-480 pg/dL. Doing this will allow optimal caloric intake while minimizing fat gain, as well as optimize the anabolic actions of the androgens you are using."

milwood is offline Junior Member
    good info

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Take your temp in the morning for a week as you adjust t3 dosage. You want your temp to be 98.6. If you're a little cooler than that, increase t3 by 20mcgs. If you're hotter than 98.6, decrease it. You are at max efficiency at 98.6 so you're burning fat without burning muscle. Too hot, you're burning muscle which is very bad. Always cycle AAS with t3 (+ clen) to inhibit any muscle loss.
    A girl that would not be using AAS or Clen is also fine too though. Just being used for fat loss.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining
    A girl that would not be using AAS or Clen is also fine too though. Just being used for fat loss.
    Not true. t3 will eat her muscle and lower her metabolism as well. After she's done with t3 she will become even fatter. The amount of muscle tissue we carry dictates our metabolism. If you lose weight along with muscle and fat, you will gain back more fat and now have less muscle. Not sexy. She would be better off on clen , proper w/o routine, cardio and a clean diet. Women usually use t3 + Anavar .

t3 IS NOT the magic bullet to lose bf, especially if you're not on AAS. A lot of women, including my gf, want the easy way out to lose bf. Can't be done, you have to do the work in the gym and eat right along with the correct combo.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-05-2005 at 07:45 PM.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You can use T3 alone, without losing muscle, at low dosages, and while eating properly. It can be done despite what some people think.
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 09-05-2005 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You can use T3 alone, without losing muscle, at low dosages, and while eating properly. It can be done despite what some people think.
    Perfect, Blown SC. He's the t3 expert.

But if you use t3 at low doses aren't you just replacing your natty levels basically? Or are you saying for someone that has a thyroid defiency so the low amount brings them up to normal levels?

What would be the average dosage with t3 only? 40mcgs?

Perfect, Blown SC. He's the t3 expert.

But if you use t3 at low doses aren't you just replacing your natty levels basically? Or are you saying for someone that has a thyroid defiency so the low amount brings them up to normal levels?

What would be the average dosage with t3 only? 40mcgs?
    I'm no expert. There are many guys that know alot more about it than I do... and have ran it many more times.

No, you're not just replacing your natty levels. I am on 35mcg/day right now... and my thyroid is normally on the underactive side. In a sense I'm running a bit higher than what I should be normally.
    There really is no normal dosage... everyone is different. I've found this dosage to work well for me; strength is still climbing, I'm still getting bigger, and it's easier for me to lean out...
    Others, such as LMO, have ran it alone at 25mcg/day with good results without losing LBM. Again, no 2 people are the same, but I do know how my body reacts to it.

I'm no expert. There are many guys that know alot more about it than I do... and have ran it many more times.

No, you're not just replacing your natty levels. I am on 35mcg/day right now... and my thyroid is normally on the underactive side. In a sense I'm running a bit higher than what I should be normally.
    There really is no normal dosage... everyone is different. I've found this dosage to work well for me; strength is still climbing, I'm still getting bigger, and it's easier for me to lean out...
    Others, such as LMO, have ran it alone at 25mcg/day with good results without losing LBM. Again, no 2 people are the same, but I do know how my body reacts to it.
    That's good info. Do you cycle t3 and PCT? How long on then off?

That's good info. Do you cycle t3 and PCT? How long on then off?
    Well, I've been on T3 for a little while, and will be coming off with some t-100x in about a month.... then take about 6weeks off, and probably run it at low dose again.... I may have something planned for the winter though, and will probably stick with the same dosage.

One last tidbit I thought I'd share... I get pretty damn hungry on low dose t3, and var has really suppressed that. Didn't think it would be as much, but it definitely helps curb it.

5/40/55
    5% of the time is spent ramping up to your maximum
    40% of the time is at your maximum
    55% of the time is spent ramping down to cessation (nothing)

Do you guys support the method on top or another method i've heard of is two weeks on 1 week off i'm not sure how long people continue that method though thanks alot very informational thread.

Neither, personally....

Neither, personally....
    How do you do it and would it be different cause its not for me its for my girl friend.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining
    How do you do it and would it be different cause its not for me its for my girl friend.
    I won't give advice for a girl running T3 bro.... sorry. Their thyroids are MUCH different than ours... and I wouldn't feel right giving advice.

For ME, I prefer to run a low dosage, without ramping, without days off, for weeks...... as I'm doing now.

Well, I've been on T3 for a little while, and will be coming off with some t-100x in about a month.... then take about 6weeks off, and probably run it at low dose again.... .
    Do you notice any rebound effect (fat gain) while on PCT using t-100x during that 6 week period?
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-07-2005 at 01:59 AM.

Again, no 2 people are the same, but I do know how my body reacts to it.
    bu-yow...please, once and for all, burn this statement into your mind about/regarding t3 (and any compound for that matter)...taken from what i posted earlier, optimal results would come from regular bloodwork, that way you can know EXACTLY how your body is responding, and adjust accordingly to fall within the optimal range, as previously noted...

AM

camaro_zach is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    bu-yow...please, once and for all, burn this statement into your mind about/regarding t3 (and any compound for that matter)...taken from what i posted earlier, optimal results would come from regular bloodwork, that way you can know EXACTLY how your body is responding, and adjust accordingly to fall within the optimal range, as previously noted...

AM

he never said anything about optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro_zach
    he never said anything about optimal.
    no, but i did...read the full post before you comment

AM

AM
    What does bu-yow mean? (Seriously, I'm curious).

Also, how do you know that I don't have blood work taken? Or was that just meant as a helpful comment? When I next return home, I'm having mine done.

I'm sure I'm not in my 'optimal' range exactly, however, from some cautious trial and error, I know where I stand.

What does bu-yow mean? (Seriously, I'm curious).

Also, how do you know that I don't have blood work taken? Or was that just meant as a helpful comment? When I next return home, I'm having mine done.

I'm sure I'm not in my 'optimal' range exactly, however, from some cautious trial and error, I know where I stand.
    He means {Boy-yah} expressed in ebonics. I believe he's trying to drive in his point with his (and his buddies) alleged negative experience with t3.

This is the internet so you really can't believe much what people say. He says he's on maintainece t3 since his thyroid was damaged. Did he PCT after discontinuing 26 weeks at 125mcgs? That seems like a awful lot to be doing for that period of time so I would assume there would be a rebound effect and PCT would take longer than normal? Right?

what in the holy **** are you two talking about?

blown..."bu-yow" means bingo, right on, etc, and i was referring to your comments, meaning you hit the nail right on the head...so it was a ****ing compliment, chill...

and seattle, me and my buddies? ebonics? negative experiences? hey nitwit, if you read what my cracker-ass posted earlier, it gives you optimal ranges...i'll post it again since your retarded ass can't seem to scroll up a ways...

"Thyroid hormones, on the other hand, offer significant benefits when used cautiously and "properly". They should not be used haphazardly as a fat loss agent however, instead they are valuable in correcting thyroid dysfunction brought on by androgen use. When done properly, T3 is used as "replacement therapy" and serves only to normalize decreased T3 levels. Research has shown that high dose androgens pushes T3 levels down (14,15). This is significant because the real value of optimal thyroid levels is not for fat loss, but instead for optimum anabolic activity. T3 has diverse facilitative anabolic effects including, increasing GH secretion(16,17), up-regulating GH receptors (18), up-regulating IGF-1 receptors (19,20), and other less well defined anabolic effects (21,22). Don’t get the wrong idea however, for T3 to facilitate anabolism, it must stay in the high normal range. A little too high or a little too low significantly changes the biological effects of thyroid hormones. Bringing T3 levels too high will undoubtedly backfire and lead to muscle, strength losses, and rebound fat gain.
    You will need regular ../../affiliates/hormone-levels.htm to determine the optimal dose of T3 (e.g. Cytomel ) to bring you up to the optimum range. If you are unwilling, or do not have access to, regular blood work I would not recommend using T3. The old "take your morning temperature" recommendation is simply too inaccurate. Most people use way too much T3 and cause more problems than anything else. However, if you are willing to take care of yourself while optimizing muscle gains, have your free T3 checked before using any T3, yet during your full dose androgen regimen. Try to bring your free T3 levels up to ~7.0-7.4 pmol/L. Your doctor may use conventional units on your blood work which means it will read in "pg/dL". If that’s the case bring your levels up to about 450-480 pg/dL. Doing this will allow optimal caloric intake while minimizing fat gain, as well as optimize the anabolic actions of the androgens you are using."

clear enough? this basically says that your theory of taking your temp is inaccurate...I never said my thyroid is damaged, and i only take 25mcg...I have never had negative experiences with t3, it's just that when your on aas, your natural thryoid levels are supressed, therefore, you only need to supplement to bring them to within an "optimal" range, per the paragraph above...damn kid, stay off the drugs, i think they're making you stupid...

AM

hate to rain on your parade, but without bloodwork, umm, no, you don't...

blown..."bu-yow" means bingo, right on, etc, and i was referring to your comments, meaning you hit the nail right on the head...so it was a ****ing compliment, chill...
    That's why I asked you what it meant. Was my reply not 'chill'? You're awfully defensive... no where in my reply was I upset, or offended, etc... as you imply. Takes alot to work me up, trust me.

hate to rain on your parade, but without bloodwork, umm, no, you don't...
    Where did I say I don't have bloodwork done? I'm having mine taken when I return home next, again. Also, if you will read my post, I stated that I doubt I'm exactly on point, but that I know where I stand regarding my usage. This is a true statement. I'm not saying I know my blood concentrations/levels, etc, etc.... but I do know what ~dosage to take, and how to manipulate my metabolism favourably.

and seattle, me and my buddies? ebonics? negative experiences? hey nitwit, if you read what my cracker-ass posted earlier, it gives you optimal ranges...i'll post it again since your retarded ass can't seem to scroll up a ways...

clear enough? this basically says that your theory of taking your temp is inaccurate...I never said my thyroid is damaged, and i only take 25mcg...I have never had negative experiences with t3, it's just that when your on aas, your natural thryoid levels are supressed, therefore, you only need to supplement to bring them to within an "optimal" range, per the paragraph above...damn kid, stay off the drugs, i think they're making you stupid...

AM

that's it? just a smilee? guess you don't have an educated response...thought you were a pretty chill guy, guess i was wrong, your a ****in retard...damn, 1000 posts of incredibly stupid advice...i fear for those who've listened to you, if there are any...

sorry Blown, guess it was really a misunderstanding...running my first bout of Tren , please cut me some slack ...much respect bro...peace

AM

Thread Information