Thread: Body Acne

juice-junky is offline New Member

Question Body Acne

just curious if any1 else out there has experienced bad body acne do to test? I stopped my cycle about 1 month ago and stopped the clomid therapy about 2 weeks ago but my entire back and shoulders are still covered in pimples. One I would like to know if there is anyway to prevent them so that I can utilize this info for my next cycle and two is there anyway to excelerate them going away now?

Get yourself a stick deoderant and cover the affected areas several times per day,after a few days they will start to dry out and dissapear.Works for me !!

gonnagetBIG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Get yourself a stick deoderant and cover the affected areas several times per day,after a few days they will start to dry out and dissapear.Works for me !!
    What kind of deoderant do you reccomend for this?

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    I've heard washing with dawn dish soap helps

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagetBIG
    What kind of deoderant do you reccomend for this?

Any as long as its got alcohol in it ,not all do , i use LYNXDRY,not sure where you are but if your in the UK you wont have a problem getting hold of that brand if not im sure others will work just as well.Good luck!!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub
    I've heard washing with dawn dish soap helps
    It does work. I use dawn religiously and had my back almost blemish free and completely clean and clear, but last week I had to go on a business trip and forgot the dawn at home. As soon as I had to use bar soap again in the hotel, my back and arms exploded with acne, it looked like I spent a day shirtless in the everglades (billions or mosquitoes) or slept in a flea infested doggie bed. Since getting back and back onto dawn dish soap, my acne is clearing, or at least no new pimples.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    can u please explain how this works? You just pour dawn on your back and rub it in?

Whats dawn dish soap??

Quote Originally Posted by Liftnainez
    can u please explain how this works? You just pour dawn on your back and rub it in?
    Lather up dawn dishwashing liquid in a wash cloth and use it like soap. It seems to get the oil out of your skin and also cleans your skin with no soapy film like you get from bar soap, leaving pores cleaner and free-r of crap that would cause you to get pimples.

Dawn Dishwashing liquid is a popular dishwashing soap in North America and it has a degreasing agent in it which is what makes it so effective for steroid induced acne. Most of the acne is caused by the increase oilyness of the skin as a result of using androgens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Lather up dawn dishwashing liquid in a wash cloth and use it like soap. It seems to get the oil out of your skin and also cleans your skin with no soapy film like you get from bar soap, leaving pores cleaner and free-r of crap that would cause you to get pimples.

Dawn Dishwashing liquid is a popular dishwashing soap in North America and it has a degreasing agent in it which is what makes it so effective for steroid induced acne. Most of the acne is caused by the increase oilyness of the skin as a result of using androgens.
    Thanks bro,its the 'dawn' bit which confused me,never heard of that brand.

zircon is offline Junior Member
    So basically Dawn is a dishwashing liquid...do you think another one like Sunlight would have the same effect? It seems good at removing oil, I must say.

Im sure any dishwashing liquid will do the job,as long as its a degreasant.

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    b5 helps too

yom
    yom is offline Associate Member
    they are stupid recommenndations . using that dishwashing crap ,b5 wont do shit it may dry your skin , itchy , sticky ,sweaty ,smelly skin.

keep the skin from sweating , shower with a brush and antibacterial wash

1, antibiotics like minimiciyim or doxyclyine and differin gel at night ,

2,bactrim ds or dicloxicillin and differin gel at night.

3, accutane and differing gel

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by yom
    they are stupid recommenndations . using that dishwashing crap ,b5 wont do shit it may dry your skin , itchy , sticky ,sweaty ,smelly skin.

Not stupid at all............... many have used Dawn with success, B5 works great you just have to get through the first few weeks. Peroxide is another thing that will help.

The 3 you metioned should be used if you can't control it the other ways.

taylor26 is offline Member

I don't understand why those would be stupid recommendations...?Everybody reacts different to different things apparently just because they didn't do it for you doesn't mean it won't do it for others.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I get bad acne, even when not on cycle (just naturally). I got several topical meds from my dermatologists, some are retinoids and others are just powerful antibiotics. I dont believe one should take oral antibiotics and it wil give you diarrhea after a while. Many other oral acne medicines slow protein synthesis and thus work against you in gaining muscle. I have heard good things about accutane (tho its very dangerous and can mess your liver up), but my doctor said she wouldnt recommend it for me.

Besides my meds, 2 showers a day and tanning (sun or sunlamps) works pretty well. Acne sucks, as I have battled it since I was like 12 years old, but that stuff works well for me. Even just tanning will help you out. Good luck bro.

I've just started putting deoderant on my back and its absolutely amazing. It works great been 4 days now and everything is pretty much gone

afman415 is offline Junior Member

acne..

go to ur local drugstore and pick up..
    1. neutrogena body wash for acne (liquid body wash - 2 % sylclic acid)
    2. a bar soap also for ur skin (dove etc.) whichever u prefer
    3. spray on deodurant
    4. luffa spunge (is that how u spell it?)

wash with the luffa spunge scrubbing real hard over u acne with all the soaps then when u get out spray the deodurant on them. this dries ur back out like a bitch. but if ur skin is drieing out then ur doin the right things and its clearing. another thing, while doing this tan. this will definately nip the acne problem in the bud without having to get high class acne medication.

acne. -dont u just hate it?-

dieselhead is offline New Member
    B5 does work, however, you need to take a large dose... 10 grams for the first couple of weeks (which equates to an entire bottle if you buy from bodybuilding.cam) and 5 g thereafter. I ****ing hate acne, it's such a giveaway. I'm going to try that dishsoap though.

DNA
    DNA is offline Junior Member
    I eat Vit B-5 and it seems to help.

Hell I got the idea because the doctor suggested it and said every teenager he suggested to use dawn also had actually better results then they did with benzoyl peroxide.

All I know is have been on cycle since last November. I have mostly totally clear skin as I have been using Dawn persistently since winter. Last week I went to Atlanta and didnt take the dawn, I had to use the hotel bar soap and immediately from the first shower in the hotel, I started exploding with acne. The bar soap wouldnt/couldnt get the oil out of the skin. After a few days I felt like a greased up PIG. I come home and now a week or two back and back on the dawn, no new pimples. I got blemishes from the week on bar soap, but nothing with puss ready to pop. Also while it gets the oil off the surface of the skin, when you are on steroids , your skin has a BIG abundance of oil just below the skin, in just a few hours, your skin is beginning to get oily again and moisturized from within. There is NO dry and flakey skin when it comes to steroid induced acne. For me its a guaranteed acne sure and everyone I have suggested to use dawn for acne has come back telling me its the best thing they've ever tried on their acne too!

Teegunn is offline Banned
    Not that I would recommend it.... but high doses of Vit A is basically what Accutane is I believe. If you do some research you can learn more about it. But it can be harsh on the body, just like accutane. It will really help dry out your skin though.

moranitotongano is offline Associate Member
    Do you apply the deordorant before bed or do you have it on all day? How long dose it take for dawn to clear up my back?

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    dawn and b5 both work. on both now and its working great. don't forget to use moisturizer. your skin gets so dry that your body starts to produce more oil to compensate for the dry skin. the moisturizer should stop it.
    zer

Papi93 is offline AR VET

Acne on arms.

would dawn be good to use on the arms as well. dont you think it might over dry the skin thus making it more irritable

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    would dawn be good to use on the arms as well. dont you think it might over dry the skin thus making it more irritable
    dawn and b5 both work. on both now and its working great. don't forget to use moisturizer. your skin gets so dry that your body starts to produce more oil to compensate for the dry skin. the moisturizer should stop it.
    yes i use it on my upper back, lower back, shoulders and arms. it's all good

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    sorry to keep bugging you guys. Lst question, do you think dawn and B5 work on the face?

sorry to keep bugging you guys. Lst question, do you think dawn and B5 work on the face?
    b5 works, i wouldn't put dawn on you face just use a normal face wash and maybe an astrigent.
    zer

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Thanks for your advice. Im definetly going to try those you recommend for the back, arms and shoulders.

Thanks for your advice. Im definetly going to try those you recommend for the back, arms and shoulders.
    they work good, if you have a big azz one you can use toothpaste directly on the zit. any brand should work

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    thanks guys I had the same Q

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    Try tanning, either naturally or in a tanning bed. Nothing works better for me.

Thread Information