mfotino82 is offline Junior Member

Acne Medications

I have been off for 2 months and acne is all over my chest, back, shoulders. Its not getting better even with me using body scrubs and alcohol pads. Any reccommendations of prescription pills for acne? thank you.

v-ate is offline New Member
    I had this same problem after my first cycle and was kind of suprised that I did not devolope the acne until after I was off.

I had purchased accutane before my cycle and was quite thankful I did. To use it: Take Accutane 2 times a day with a meal for a 10-15 weeks. The acne will start to clear up after 2-3 weeks. I had the 20mg pills

What should I avoid while taking Accutane

Do not give blood while you take Accutane and for 1 month after stopping.

Do not take vitamin A supplements. Vitamin A in high doses has many of the same side effects as Accutane. Taking both together may increase your chance of getting side effects.

Do not have cosmetic procedures to smooth your skin, including waxing, dermabrasion, or laser procedures, while you are using Accutane and for at least 6 months after you stop. Accutane can increase your chance of scarring from these procedures. Check with your prescriber for advice about when you can have cosmetic procedures.

Avoid sunlight and ultraviolet lights as much as possible. Tanning machines use ultraviolet lights. Accutane may make your skin more sensitive to light.

The common less serious side effects of Accutane are dry skin, chapped lips, dry eyes, and dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds. People who wear contact lenses may have trouble wearing them while taking Accutane and after therapy. Sometimes, people’s acne may get worse for a while. They should continue taking Accutane unless told to stop by their prescriber.

HOW SUPPLIED
    Soft gelatin capsules, 10 mg (light pink), imprinted ACCUTANE 10 ROCHE.
    Soft gelatin capsules, 20 mg (maroon), imprinted ACCUTANE 20 ROCHE.
    Soft gelatin capsules, 40 mg (yellow), imprinted ACCUTANE 40 ROCHE.

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/r.../acc1003.shtml

Stainless_Steel is offline New Member
    I've heard accutane is bad on the liver, but I am not sure so who knows. Try something like bactrim, tetracycline, minocycline, or just b-5. The first three you will have to get from doctor. Good luck

rusese is offline New Member

I stopped my ACNE. Very happy!!!!!

Over the past 6 weeks my acne has almost gone. I have a few left on my chin, but the pimples on my cheeks and forehead have stopped.

I got some great tips and treatments from acnefighters.com, which cured my acne. Does anyone have any advice for removing acne scars? I’ve had acne for 9 years and its scarred my forehead pretty bad. I’m just glad I found acnefighters.com before the scarring got worse.

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    If you use accutane, don't use anywhere near the prescribed dosages, unless under close doctor supervision, and with him knowing you AAS use. Very small doses, 20 mg-40mg per week (yes week not day) have had good successes from my encounters and personal use. Best is of course to undergo regular liver testing.

orton4 is offline Member
    im using minocyclin right now my acne is pretty bad all over chest and back i got it also on my last cylce it seemed to go away after a few months hopefully this one will go away too after a few months... though this one is worse... how long do u guys usualy take to clear up most of it?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Try Nizoral shampoo, before ingesting additional medications. It works for some (me and Hooker for sure) and doesn't for others, but it's certainly worth a try.

M.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe the use of a 5arr blocker such as duta, or fina also helps with preventing acne.

Thread Information