zircon is offline Junior Member

Benzoyl peroxide/hydrogen peroxide

Hey,

Unfortunately I have quite a bit of acne on my back. In the past for my face I have used 10% BP, and it worked well, especially plastering my face every evening before bed.

Now the problem with back acne is it's a much larger surface area, and it would cost big bucks to cover it with expensive little 20ml tubes of BP.

I have tried one thing, taken vanishing cream (200ml) and 2 x 20 ml 10% BP tubes and mixed it together, to make it go further - I assume this would give me about a 2% BP solution?

Now, I also thought of simply taking hydrogen peroxide liquid (30%) taking it and mixing 20-30 ml Hydrogen peroxide with vanishing cream, and applying it to my back.

Crazy idea?

Someone else mentioned methylated spirits as well?
    Thanks

Spyder is offline Member
    Roaccutane anyone?

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zircon
    Hey,

Unfortunately I have quite a bit of acne on my back. In the past for my face I have used 10% BP, and it worked well, especially plastering my face every evening before bed.

Now the problem with back acne is it's a much larger surface area, and it would cost big bucks to cover it with expensive little 20ml tubes of BP.

I have tried one thing, taken vanishing cream (200ml) and 2 x 20 ml 10% BP tubes and mixed it together, to make it go further - I assume this would give me about a 2% BP solution?

Now, I also thought of simply taking hydrogen peroxide liquid (30%) taking it and mixing 20-30 ml Hydrogen peroxide with vanishing cream, and applying it to my back.

Crazy idea?

Someone else mentioned methylated spirits as well?
    Thanks
    Pantothenic acid (B-5) at around 3 grams a day will take care of your acne problem. B-5 is the next best thing to accutane..........Do a search on the internet and you will find it...

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    you'll also ruin a lot of shirts using benzoyl peroxide on your back as it bleaches dyed fabrics. Accutane worked wonders for me (I had an acne problem that had nothing to do with AAS) - and I also looked into VIT B5 and have to say it did work (take it with Vit A and zinc & drink plenty of water)

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    how big a dose did you run of accutane. I know it is dose dependant on person. But just trying to get an idea. B5 did work for me. THough at first i broke out worse, then it subsided. Just hard to take 7-8 grams ed. Mega dose for a week or so @ 10g ed, then use a maintence dose of 3-5grams ed. It should do the trick, without the liver toxicity of accutane(at high doses).

Thread Information