powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Anybody on the forum under 18 read this!

Written primarily for highschoollifter:

I put 18, because even though that is still teenage, in most states it is the majority and I am going to assume (probably mistakeningly) that adults will make informed decisions and have done most growing by this age (though it varies and is usually later).

As much as we try, this is why adolescents use AASs: they are too damn hard headed to listen to anybody's advice. Adolescence is very difficult time in today's performance society emphamsizing sex. Trying to talk highschoolifter out of taking AASs will undoubteldy end in failure.

Even if you were older, I wouldn't recommend those AASs for a first cycle. Sustanon is quite strong, and do you mean oxymetholone (anadrol ) as the other? Anadrol should only be used by experienced AAS users and even then it is very dangerous especially to the liver.

Hopefully you will wise up and wait a few more years before AASs. I am guessing you won't though, so all I can say is be careful and research all you can. I had been training myself many years naturally before going to AASs and I still wish I hadn't used some AASs (like Winstrol really messed up my joints).

"Good things come to those who wait"

FINAMAN is offline Banned
    Good post .bump.

shoalin is offline Junior Member
    I have to agree with you on this one. Teenagers are hard headed and people need to remember this thats why they have free condoms everywhere. Im almost 30 and Ive been training since I was 16 and Im just starting to use it. Being educated is the key, just telling someone no doesn't cut it these days.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    very gd post, i think we shud all pitch in and make a sticky that addresses the probs with early use, and general information to help people advise people when they are ready for a cycle (to do with diet and training experience, age, goals etc)

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    good post, teenagers have the "know it all" complex and are always looking for shortcuts for everything and think nothing bad will happen to them. They think they can just take any steroid and get ripped and huge without little effort, which couldnt be farther from the truth. Besides Im sure most dont know a damn thing about proper diet and training either.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Most teens I know go into the gym hit the bench press hard, knock off some biceps curls and then call it a day. Then on friday and saturday they stay out real late and drink and smoke. This is not how you should approach your training.

I am not saying you cannot do this and still not gain with weights, cause you can. What I am saying is that if you think you are advanced enough to use AASs and you do this, then you are in big trouble. Diet and rest are more important than AASs.

And nothing is magic. As said, teens think they will somehow get huge and ripped at the same time in a matter of a couple weeks and stay that way with AAS use. This is simply untrue, anything you do in life takes dedication and time.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Good post. Bodybuilding like anything else takes time to "master." Knowing how many sets to run, how heavy to lift in order to grow and not overtrain or undertrain. No one can tell you what will work best, only suggest what has worked for others. Younger people need to take the time to learn what works for them, how to manipulate their fat-muscle ratio and proportion themselves before they jump into the "magic" of steroids . Once you have control over your body and feel confident that your mind and body can handle steroids then you should begin to look into them more closely.

-Bino

Jakspro is offline Member
    good post, i'm 20 and really want to put together a cycle, and the only reason i don't is cuz people like you guys with wisdom advise against it... and cuz a dumbass highschooler gets flamed every once in a while and then i really realise how dumb it is to use at a young age...

if you ever really get tempted to poke, go to your doc and get your test levels checked.... and when he gives you a 4 digit number and tells you this is your peak, take advantage and dont poke and ruin your natty level...be wise

ward065 is offline Member
    i disagree somewhat with your assessment that people under 18 will never listen to anything regarding AAS and will ignore advice. But you are right, most do.

I waited until 23 1/2 to do my first cycle and trained for several years naturally beforehand. i could have done it when i was younger but i held off until i really could feel serious plateaus- that i could not fix through diet modifications, which worked for me in the past.

Before my cycle, i was able to break through any perceived "plateaus" by merely increasing calories, protein, training regimes and recently it just simply did not work anymore, so i knew it was about time. I think many teens approach such plateaus and think AAS are always the quick answer. The fact is that simple modifications in training and diet, at that age, will work the best for increases in results and muscle in the gym.

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    I agree with this. I was never advised not to do AAS before a certain age, and many of my bodybuilding friends had been using Anabolics since age 16, I Had 3 cycles under my belt at 18. No need for it. And if someone would have told me not to, you bet your ass I wouldnt have listened. It's a pity

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    I wish i would have listened when i was younger

shoalin is offline Junior Member

Talking

I would have also when I was younger but I was to busy learning how the *uck probably,

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

Roid Rage is offline Member
    good post however nothing we all haven't heard before... You all know when you were young you didn't listen, so we all know no one else is going to listen so why bother?

As someone said in another thread we all are going to end up making our own decisions in life, right or wrong.

RR

Hydroponics is offline Associate Member
    Kids are going to make their own decisions. All we can do is give them the best advice we can, and hope they make the right choice. If they are going to cycle at an early age they better have been studying everything there is to know not only about AAS but also their body and how it works, what certain things do, how they can change from steroids , what they need to be healthy ....etc. The amount of research should definitely be longer then the length of your cycle. Most kids just read up on what they want to take, and what its going to do including sides etc.. Thats not even close to all the knowledge they need to be aware of before cycling. My 2 cents

Roid Rage is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydroponics
    Kids are going to make their own decisions. All we can do is give them the best advice we can, and hope they make the right choice. If they are going to cycle at an early age they better have been studying everything there is to know not only about AAS but also their body and how it works, what certain things do, how they can change from steroids, what they need to be healthy ....etc. The amount of research should definitely be longer then the length of your cycle. Most kids just read up on what they want to take, and what its going to do including sides etc.. Thats not even close to all the knowledge they need to be aware of before cycling. My 2 cents
    very well put you pothead

just kidding about the pothead remark, however seriously.... well put.

RR

Thank you, as you can clearly see im far to wise to be a pothead

Dark Dragon is offline New Member
    anyone here think 22 1/2 is too young for juice? what if you've already run a light cycle?

I dont think thats too young at all, how much you know what your doing is what really matters

Dark Dragon is offline New Member
    thing is, i'm gonna be running tren , i am still even after all my reading and previous experience with juice...kinda concerned about what it could do to my natty test production afterward. i know, personally like 20 other guys who juice. most of them alot more stuff than i have done, and a few of them are in the 18-20 range. i wonder though if it could hurt my ability to gain naturally afterward considerably, i'm of the body type where i can gain weight muscle or fat fairly easily. since i've been pretty much off/on restricting my calories for the past 2 years (to lean up) i wonder if i could put on some lean mass naturally again if i upped my calorie intake after i come off.

RobLondon is offline New Member
    I did my first cycle when i was 17 after 2 years of natural training and i regret it. I only went on a light cycle of primabolan, followed by a few weeks of deca . I got bad acne, bitch tits, roid rage and i reckon i would've been slightly taller if i'd left the AAS til a bit later in life. I would recommend everyone does at least a couple of years natural lifting first, then do all their research on AAS and start with a very light cycle after they're 21. My last cycle was only 200mg/week of deca and 10mg/day (yes 2 tabs!!) of dbol and i made excellent gains and kept them. I'm not saying this is right for everyone but recommend taking the milder roids first at a low dosage to "test the water". Why take shed loads if your body responds well to a lottle.

deltayall is offline New Member
    hey man i did my first cycle of m1t at 17... to be honest i had great gains and no side effects... i wouldnt recommend it to anyone but my nutrition and workout habits were the result of countless hours of reading forums just like this... i dont regret it one bit

sometimes m1t works wonders, sometimes it only does damage

Thread Information