BrownBomber is offline Member

I Just Found All My Sons Steroids!!!!!!!!!

Guys please help me out I just found this stuff in my Sons room help answer my questions.............

1) Can steroids be obtained legally for weightlifting purposes?

2) Even if you follow advice from exp. and knowledgable lifters what are some of the NEGATIVE side effects?

3) Can you still benefit and enjoy weightlifitng w/o "gear?"

4) If it is not as dangerous as my Son tells me why is it illegal? Why do Doctors say its "bad?"

5) How to you ensure quality control in your gear?

Help me out Im worried!!!
    -Dad

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    You've been a member since feb 03?Why are you asking?

~Pinnacle~

cannibal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle

~Pinnacle~
    My thoughts exactly!

Darkness is offline Member
    How old is he? Over 20 at least? If not then take them away cause he's hurting him self...

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    1) Can steroids be obtained legally for weightlifting purposes? NO

2) Even if you follow advice from exp. and knowledgable lifters what are some of the NEGATIVE side effects? HOW OLD IS YOUR SON ?

3) Can you still benefit and enjoy weightlifitng w/o "gear?" YES

4) If it is not as dangerous as my Son tells me why is it illegal? Why do Doctors say its "bad?" POT IS ILLEGAL

5) How to you ensure quality control in your gear? YOU NEED TO BUY FROM A RELIABLE PLACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle

~Pinnacle~

Brownbomber is my Sons username. I am his father using his username, NOT the true Brownbomber

-Dad

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    1. Weightlifting only?--Not in legal to perscribe in US
    2. Side effects vary between diff AASs. Can include liver toxicity, hairloss, prostate growth, gyno, high blood pressure--but you need to be specific with what you are taking...
    3. w/o gear benefit? of course
    4. this one is a hard one to answer. People lobbied in congress to protect the 'legitimacy of sports' and 'protect teenagers', thats the main reason.
    5. order from reputable manufacturers, but on the black market you can never be 100% sure.

"4) If it is not as dangerous as my Son tells me why is it illegal? Why do Doctors say its "bad?" POT IS ILLEGAL "

Yes and Pot is bad for you believe it or not!

-Dad

My Son is 22 years old.

-Dad

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    how did you get over 700 post and not learn these answers? just curious. not trying to be a smart ars

This Is Brownbomber's Father Talking Not Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-his Dad

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duke911
    how did you get over 700 post and not learn these answers? just curious. not trying to be a smart ars
    Before calling anyone out atleast have the decency to read the thread before making an ass out of yourself. Sir, your son is 22, hes a grown ass man living in YOUR house (I presume), he doesent have any rights keeping illegal drugs in your property...Be straight up with him and ask him these questions.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    1) Can steroids be obtained legally for weightlifting purposes? NO, Some men that are hormone deficient can be prescribed steroids, its called Hormone Replacement Therapy and there are clinics all over the country for this.

2) Even if you follow advice from exp. and knowledgable lifters what are some of the NEGATIVE side effects?. Negative sides can be high cholesterol, liver toxicity, high bp, acne, gyno, prostrate growth, hair loss. However, there are many things that can be done to prevent these sides. The degree of sides depends on many variables, such as what compound, how much, how long have you been on, your age, etc. Proper research and knowledge can help.

3) Can you still benefit and enjoy weightlifitng w/o "gear?" Yes. Most people should only consider steroids after several years of serious training.

4) If it is not as dangerous as my Son tells me why is it illegal? Why do Doctors say its "bad?" Very few doctors know much about anabolic steroids. They became illegal b/c the govt was trying to protect sports and kids for taking steroids. NO teenager should take steroids

5) How to you ensure quality control in your gear? Use a reliable source.

At least your son had enough sense to get on this site and learn how to use them correctly and safely. Ive seen numerous posts where kids just come on and think that they can take any steroid and get ripped and huge with little effort. The fact couldnt be farther from the truth. Steroids arent a miracle drug, but they DO work. You get out of them what you put into it, which requires solid training, diet, and rest. Be glad that he was learning how to take them safely and since he is 22 that makes him an adult and he can make his own choices. Now if he is still living under your roof, he should abide by whatever rules you set.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    longhorn said it quite well. I'll just expand a bit on what he said. What steroids did you find in his room? Can you list the compounds and the lab? They can be dangerous but mostly to teenagers, when used by an educated adult there are ways to minimize risk. Steroids aren't all negative, don't be fooled by what you see in the papers and TV, most of that is designed to scare you so you'll buy the paper or watch the station. Don't forget that money rules in this country. You can watch an unbiased report on steroids on your computer from this link http://www.burnersware.com/HBO_Steroids.wmv this will give you a crash course and show you potential side effects of what your son is doing.

On the same hand -as far as I'm concerned- if you son is living with you, and you do not approve of his use, then I see no reason why you shouldn't confiscate his steroids. If he's living under your roof then he should follow your rules, end of story.

dieselhead is offline New Member
    Symatech hit it right on the money. You can't just equate illegal= bad for you. The laws weren't written with solely our health in mind. Alcohol and cigarettes are arguably much more devastative than steroids in terms of health risks, not to mention addicting, yet they are legal. hmmm legal=profitable

dieselhead is offline New Member
    Also, I've seen my share of fat and out of shape doctors.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselhead
    Symatech hit it right on the money. You can't just equate illegal= bad for you. The laws weren't written with solely our health in mind. Alcohol and cigarettes are arguably much more devastative than steroids in terms of health risks, not to mention addicting, yet they are legal. hmmm legal=profitable
    good point there too diesel. Also remember that all drugs have side effects to one degree or another. Take too much tylenol and you can end up dead. The key to minimizing side effects to any drug is moderation. It couldve been much worse, you could have found a bunch of coke in his room instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselhead
    Alcohol and cigarettes are arguably much more devastative than steroids in terms of health risks, not to mention addicting, yet they are legal. hmmm legal=profitable
    outstanding point, both alcohol and ciggs are MUCH more harmful than steroids , but they are legal.

STONES2 is offline Associate Member
    As a father that does steroids and I do have a son that is twenty one+, I can only share with you what I have learned.

My son is very observant and has a gift of obsorbing information such as on this board and if anything would be and is very helpful in helping me understand the some time confusing or complex information (at least to me).

My thinking is that if your son is capable of understanding the benifts and the ramifications of the steroids then consider letting him use, study togethar, you might both benifit greatly

My son dose not use, he is in the military and he does not want to jepordize him self or others in his outfit.

If he did,when he got out of the military I would personally buy all the products that he would need (as long as I did not think they were harmfull).

Remember my love and I am sure your love for your son is great if you still don"t want him to use the ask him with sincerity and gentelness he may just may honor you by being obeying your desires.

Twostones

slooby is offline Associate Member
    where did u find his steroids at, and did he tell you to get on here and ask these questions?

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    On the same hand -as far as I'm concerned- if you son is living with you, and you do not approve of his use, then I see no reason why you shouldn't confiscate his steroids. If he's living under your roof then he should follow your rules, end of story.
    Though, if this is the eventuality, realize that if he is currently using them (on cycle) he will have to continue taking some of his post-cycle-therapy drugs for a couple of weeks simply to protect his health.

This is done at the end of every cycle. Steroids are discontinued and drugs such as clomid and nolvadex are used to restore your bodies own natural hormone levels.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Somebody give this man a link to that HBO SPECIAL ABOUT STEROIDS !! That will shed some light.

slooby is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Somebody give this man a link to that HBO SPECIAL ABOUT STEROIDS!! That will shed some light.
    check this out>> http://www.lstoo.com/upload/HBO_Steroids.wmv

Somebody give this man a link to that HBO SPECIAL ABOUT STEROIDS!! That will shed some light.
    I already did looks like slooby did too.

Also, bigJJ has an excellent point, if you do make him stop, you should leave him his pct drugs so he will recover.

not2bigyet is offline Member
    http://www.elitefitness.com/articled...id-special.avi

bench455 is offline New Member
    i know your concered b/c he's your son, but he's 22. i mean cmon, if he was 16 i would understand but 22?

TomPlatz is offline New Member
    anybody got a link to the 60mb HBO steroid special that works OR kind enuff to email me a copy of it.

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    My Son is 22 years old.

-Dad
    I hope you do come back and read a few of the responses,ignore the ones that dont make sense and try to have an open mind.
    Steroids were at one time legal in the us, the fda research proved that steroid ABUSE was a common problem with teenagers and within the sports industry and all the associated side effects from overuse put a black label on steroids. Keep in mind there is a huge difference between use and abuse

Im 32 and running my first cycle, the same as your son i came here for information and there is more than enough experience on this board to be sure your son ran a safe cycle if he used the resource correctly.

What is he using? And maybe we can give you some insight into what kind of advice was given to him. I assure you there are many many post on this board from young guys that get turned away from us or are told to wait because they are too young. But 22..there are men younger than that dying in a war right now. Im just saying your son is a man, treat him as such.

G-13 is offline Member
    The reason marijuana is not legal in the US as it is in many other countries is becasuse the alcohol and tobacco industries wont allow it, believe it or not it is political and unethical. are you going to tell me youve never puffed the magic dragon? even Clinton sucked but he didnt inhale ...hahah oh man that guy.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPlatz
    anybody got a link to the 60mb HBO steroid special that works OR kind enuff to email me a copy of it.

me too... none of those links worked... wld like to see it

the one in post #14 works, I just watched it!

EDIT: nope you're right it doesn't work, wtf it worked when I posted it. I'll look around

TomPlatz is offline New Member
    sysmatech, it won't work 4 me. I'll give ya free dvd copy of Blood & Guts in exchange for a emailed playable copy of the HBO RealSports special, or anyone else.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting read....continue bro's ...I'm glad that you..Dad that is...atleast trust your son's judgement enough to come read up on these compounds yourself and ask questions. Lots of parents would just black out and go over the edge while being ignorant about there opinion. Listen to these guys here..they are experienced and know the ups and downs and side to sides of this. I have also been around long enough to put in some good advice but i'm almost done with clomid therapy right now and I don't have the estrogen in me to write anymore.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2572196/H...roids.wmv.html you can DL it here

OR

the link I posted in # 14 just worked for me, for some reason the link in this thread to it doesn't work. Here is the original thread with it, check out post #55 on the 2nd page. It's the same link but for some reason it works from that thread...go figure. http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?...7&page=2&pp=40

OR
    in 3 parts .mpeg

http://rapidshare.de/files/4119535/hbo.zip.html
    http://rapidshare.de/files/4120208/hbo.z01.html
    http://rapidshare.de/files/4120679/hbo.z02.html

EDIT: maybe I spelled it wrong try this one
    http://www.burnersware.com/hbo_steroids.wmv
    Last edited by symatech; 09-06-2005 at 09:57 PM.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, bumber Dad. I am 48, I have done 5 or more cycles(4-6 months constantly on steriods than you get off of them for 6 months or so to fully recover and reduce any harm to your body). One good thing is your son was smart enough to come here and get some good info instead of asking some of the ignorant people at the gym. Two- Your son is at least 21 meaning he is pretty much done growing and I doubt his steriod use stunted his growth if he started after 19 or so. Thats got to be tough although you know my son actually has done it since he was 21 although he lives in Germany and he obviously as I found out later didn't really have the correct info as I have learned from this board but he did a few cycles and stopped and seems fine......hope that helps you.

PowerFactor1K is offline New Member
    Sysmatech u hit it. It's workin. No wonder why THIS is the best AAS board on the net.

Spyder is offline Member
    I would not be that worried if he's 22, but i would still keep an eye on him and help him out as a father. I can see that your son has come here to research and has 700 posts which is a good sign that he probably knows what he's doing, and with steroids if you know what you are doing and his cycles are in the norm i would be more worried about someone that gets drunk on the weekends.

PowerFactor1K is offline New Member
    In relation the thread's original point. I personally don't think any 21 yr old has any business screwing w/ steroids ...EVER. I'm glad I waited till my mid thirties. My opinion.

Who else besides me expects to see Janelle on Big Brother in Playboy 1 month after the show is over?

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Here read this, it will help you understand a great dealabout steroids .
    http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/36/features-kotler.php

Teegunn is offline Banned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Here read this, it will help you understand a great dealabout steroids .
    http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/36/features-kotler.php

Thanks for that link - that was a very good read.

Thread Information