ward065 is offline Member

Lost a slight amount of strength after cycle, normal?

when i was training shoulders today i noticed that i was unable to complete as many reps as i did during my last few workouts. A couple of weeks ago i was able to do seated barbell shoulder presses, 190x6- today the most i could do was 190x4. When i went onto the dumbells, i managed to get 90x5 reps, down from 90x7 reps a couple of weeks ago.

Also noticed a slight loss of strength when training biceps, i got 120x13 reps a few weeks ago with standing barbell curls, most recently the most i could muster was 120x12- could not possibly get the 13th rep that i wanted.

so anyway is this normal to experience, and is it possible that i can make any gains here off a cycle?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    just curious, when was your last dose and what were you taking

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    just curious, when was your last dose and what were you taking
    i think my last dose was about 3 1/2 weeks ago, or about that. i was taking 500 mg of test with 400mg of deca - ran it for 9 weeks as i saw gains diminishing then and got pretty good results. i posted my results in the member's cycle results section

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    A small decrease in strength is quite normal.

~Pinnacle~

ACpower is offline Member
    small decrease in strength is very normal hard to keep 100% of everything

im still training as hard as possible too, but i used to run marathon 3 hour workouts during my cycle, i had such a crazy pump i could train for so long-lol- i've really had no choice but to cut back on some of the volume and not work out longer than 2 hours, including cardio lately. But then i have this damn thing in my head that if i cannot do as many sets, i will get weaker. (basically have cut down to 3 working sets from 5 per exercise, if i try to do more than 3 working sets my form, reps all get really crappy right now)

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I am not really in position to be giving out advice, but if i found myself in that same situation. what i would do is forget the volume and concentrate on the big weights. Just concentrate on getting that 190 for 4 and the 90's for 5. With my experience lifting (still natural), all the sets after the first one dont matter. as i do dc

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    I am not really in position to be giving out advice, but if i found myself in that same situation. what i would do is forget the volume and concentrate on the big weights. Just concentrate on getting that 190 for 4 and the 90's for 5. With my experience lifting (still natural), all the sets after the first one dont matter. as i do dc
    i've always done at least 3 working sets per exercise, even before i took a cycle. i feel incomplete if i leave the gym and only do 1 working set, even if it is as hard as possible (The dorian yates method). Just always feel like 3 sets is more appropriate, excluding warmup.

big&tall is offline Associate Member
    im too weeks into my test cyp cycle. probale just mental but fill pumped at the jim and fill very good through the day working out harder than ever hope i do not lose too much when i get off the cycle but you have too lose some i gess.

chest6 is offline Banned
    you will lose strength..its normal..its extremely difficult to keep 100% of what you gained..i would like to hear if anyone has

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    you will lose strength..its normal..its extremely difficult to keep 100% of what you gained..i would like to hear if anyone has
    well i haven't lost any size... except water weight

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    No, that's weird. You should never lose strength or size after AAS.

Hehe, joking...totally normal....Just do proper PCT and expect a little loss. Nobody is supernatural....Well, maybe Ross? Oh yeah, Pinnacle too....

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    No, that's weird. You should never lose strength or size after AAS.

Hehe, joking...totally normal....Just do proper PCT and expect a little loss. Nobody is supernatural....Well, maybe Ross? Oh yeah, Pinnacle too....
    You picking on me again?

~Pinnacle~

Thread Information