leansauce is offline Associate Member

Question abscess question

ok i injected my prop and b12 mix into my left delt after already doing a full rotation of quads glutes and right delt like usual, only thing is this time my shoulder has kindof swole up and is pretty red, not any hotter than my usual injection site feels. i was wondering if someone could describe an abscess to me and explain just how bad they hurt when touched and how they feel when u touch them, hard or soft? ive had a couple strange reactions to my prop already but nuthin very bad this one is pretty similar to the others except that my shoulder is noticeably more swole then the rest of my body any knowledge would be appreciated

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I get reactions like that to prop (especially if it's high in BA or a high concentration) occasionally. For some reason mostly in my delts. I don't think it's an abscess. At first glance they would seem similar, but I'd give it a week before you start to worry.

thats what i was figuring because i kno my prop is a little high in ba (gives me a lil pain thas why i mix it) and my delts have always seemed to have the worst reaction compared to quads and glutes if it doesnt go away in a week i think imma try poken it with an 18gauge and see if theres any puss in there

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by leansauce
    thats what i was figuring because i kno my prop is a little high in ba (gives me a lil pain thas why i mix it) and my delts have always seemed to have the worst reaction compared to quads and glutes if it doesnt go away in a week i think imma try poken it with an 18gauge and see if theres any puss in there
    yeah if you find in a week that there is puss inside it's time for the antibiotics. Go to the doc b/c he may want to lance it. Thats if it's an abscess, but really I think you're fine.

alright thanks man now i can rest easy again

Brianna is offline Junior Member
    I get the same reaction also if I don't inject deep enough...

yea well i stuck a 5/8" all the way in like usual im pretty sure it went well into the muscle since i am 7-8% it feels like it is just the center muscle of my deltoid that is hardened swollen sensitive and red... this is day 2 since injection usually i stop feelin my prop injections by day 3 all i can do is wait and hope for the best really, if it comes down to it atleast i already know ive got the balls to stick a needle into my shoulder if i gotta suck some puss out thatll be fun

Thread Information