Terinox is offline The One & Only

So Many Young Are Juicing...

I hate to open up this can of worms again...but...

Lately on this board, i've seen so many members, and I mean a lot, a shitload, of members asking for advice and/or telling us about their history, and most of them are between 18 and 21 years old. Isn't this too young? I mean, all these people juicing at 19, they've even done multiple cycles, and they are doing fine, a lot of the older vets/mods have done cycles at 19/20 and they are doing fine now. So I guess it's okay to juice when your 19 after all?!?!

Now of course, I know I left out diet and training, but for me that's a given, you shouldn't even KNOW what steroids are unless you diet and training are in check.

What what do you think?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: So Many Young Are Juicing...

Originally posted by Terinox

Now of course, I know I left out diet and training, but for me that's a given, you shouldn't even KNOW what steroids are unless you diet and training are in check.

What what do you think?
    But you and I both know that a lot of kids not only here, but in our gyms are taking AS and NOT training hard or eating a clean diet. Its happening in ever increasing numbers too. When I am in the gym I hear the kids talking about taking AS like its candy not powerful drugs.

What do we do ? I feel like I should say something sometimes but I am afraid of making the kids angry and then they in turn may do higher doses just "becuase the old fat fart said not to".

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    I say try to educate them. Say "Hey how about you guys checkout anabolicreview.com. There is a lot of information on there and lots of people to help you out" I wanted to juice in 11th grade! I was 16 or 17 years old! If I hadn't found out about these forums I would have made a huge mistake and hurt myself in the process. When it comes to AS you can NEVER know enough!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I see all this waiting around is starting to get to you bro. I give you props for waiting as long as you have already. Your doing the right thing bro but a lot of people don't have your patience or maturity. No flame intended to anyone because I don't think I could have held out if I knew this much as a youngster. Your doing the right thing bro just stay the course for a little while at least.

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Thanks RON. People praising me for waiting is helping me that much more. You don't know what it means to me. Thanks again Bro.

foreverblast1 is offline Junior Member
    I think it's not the gear that's the problem here, I think it's the mentality of people in general... Some choose to enter this game for all the wrong reasons, and that happens at any age... If more people were looking for a lifestyle change rather than an easy way out, there would be many more responsible, sensible, logical, and rational AAS users who understand that roids are a tool, not a crutch...

john

Originally posted by gsims
    Thanks RON. People praising me for waiting is helping me that much more. You don't know what it means to me. Thanks again Bro.
    You're a good guy GSims, you're ready to go to the Darkside, because you have done your homework.

Originally posted by foreverblast1
    I think it's not the gear that's the problem here, I think it's the mentality of people in general... Some choose to enter this game for all the wrong reasons, and that happens at any age... If more people were looking for a lifestyle change rather than an easy way out, there would be many more responsible, sensible, logical, and rational AAS users who understand that roids are a tool, not a crutch...

john

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    I think that Fb nailed this one on the head. So many teens out there use AASs as a quick fix to gain 10lbs before spring break. They don't realize the potential side effects and don't have any knowledge on what they are sticking in their ass. But when you oldguys immedetly flame or tell us were to young to use; it does the exact oppisite of what you are trying to acomplish. I think a much better approach would be to offer your seasoned advise with a word of warning. instead of mearly saying your too young. That way young people can learn and consider what they are doing instead of going out and sticking themselves just to prove ya'll wrong. Believe it or not some teens have brains and acutally know a little about training and lifestyle's neccasry to promote good muscle growth, and we would just like a little help on something knew from someone who's already been there. You Oldguy' s are great and I really apricate all your info.
    Thanks
    (old guys)(teens)
    Last edited by Redneck; 05-01-2002 at 03:30 AM.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    good thread

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I agree with most everything said above, they are all good points. I think that many younger guys (16-19) have the mentality that it's now or never. I mean when I was young I wasn't worried about my future, I was just concerned about what I could do to maximize my life at that time. Most don't care about taking their tests or entrance exams for college, instead they are preoccupied with girls, drugs, and drinking. Skinny guys don't usually get noticed much in H.S. as oppossed to jocks and "big dudes." So of course they want to get big fast. The problem as stated before me is that they don't really care about what happens to them down the road. And since I can't remember the last time a 16-18 year old asked "Will this have any major side effects in 5 years?" I'm only 24 and I'm more concerned about the side effects than about how big I'll get. I think more of the young guys should realize that AAS is not a quick fix, it's a dangerous drug that must be used with caution.

Sorry to preach, but safety will give AAS a better reputation down the road.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I can say before this message board was up I made some mistakes when I was a bit younger. I can say as far as I know Im perfectly fine as of now. Nothing wrong with BP or anything, I got everything checked out.

I guess Im lucky.

and I agree many young guys have know on what there doing, when the get there hands on the stuff!! "I just got 3 amps of sust Im going to be huge" I hear that stuff a lot, and it just makes me mad almost.

bump for more discussion....great thread Terinox

Originally posted by Iron horse
    I can say before this message board was up I made some mistakes when I was a bit younger. I can say as far as I know Im perfectly fine as of now. Nothing wrong with BP or anything, I got everything checked out.

sup bro,

i do believe you got lucky there, however, I think about 90% of the others will be just as lucky.. HOWEVER, health concerns are only a small part of why this trend is bringing me to a new level of frustration... I'm more annoyed at the fact that most newbies, young or old, worship roids like they are Gods of solvation: the end-all to every social problem encountered in life... This is especially bad for the younger lifters, because physical prowess, though admirable and commendable, is only a small part of success in life... Viewing roids the way they do, therefore, will only harm them in the grand scheme of things.. Being a man is about so much more than muscles and the ability to attract the most attention from the other sex; I wish more of us younger lifters can see past those things 10 years early rather than 10 years late...

john

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    im 19 and im juicing now. on my 6th day. almost a week!! im up 3lbs! i know alotta younger kids that juice at the gym like (16 and 17) and i educate them on how to do it right since they're going to do it anyway. I had this kid asking me he wanted to do dbol /winny/clen cycle since he hates needles. I educated him for about 2 hrs and he changed his cycle to test/dbol. I guess im doing the right thang

NightOp is offline Member

sup bro,

i do believe you got lucky there, however, I think about 90% of the others will be just as lucky.. HOWEVER, health concerns are only a small part of why this trend is bringing me to a new level of frustration... I'm more annoyed at the fact that most newbies, young or old, worship roids like they are Gods of solvation: the end-all to every social problem encountered in life... This is especially bad for the younger lifters, because physical prowess, though admirable and commendable, is only a small part of success in life... Viewing roids the way they do, therefore, will only harm them in the grand scheme of things.. Being a man is about so much more than muscles and the ability to attract the most attention from the other sex; I wish more of us younger lifters can see past those things 10 years early rather than 10 years late...

john
    lots of good points

McBain is offline Member
    Great thread and great posts. It's too to see that a lot of threads are popping up about newbies using moderately and pounding home the idea that education is key. When I first came here I knew nothing and I definitely got some bad advice from other boards and a few from this board, luckily I listened to my intuition and did some research for myself so I knew it was bad advice. I'm really glad that people are creating threads like this and the other one about using AAS in moderation on your first couple cycles. I am sure this will save people a lot of unwanted side effects. Keep up the good work educating the ignorant!

Well it's damn hard for me not to juice! It is so tempting, and it's not like I haven't done my research, i've been learning about steroids for the past 9 months now, that's almost a year! Personally I think that mentally and physically I am ready for steroids, but at the same time, a part of my brain is telling me to try and wait as long as possible.

Also right now, money is one of the main issues, if I had a lot of money, I would probably end up just ordering some juice. It's almost a good thing that I don't have much money

I wanna juice because I think for me, it will make me look a lot better, therefore making me feel better, and also it will give me a lot more confidence which is the one main thing that I lack in a BIG way!!!

McBain is offline Member
    I know I don't know you personally so this advice may not be welcomed, if it is not welcome, I am sorry I said it, I don't mean to offend you in any way. That being said, lack of confidence might not be fixed by simply getting bigger bro. If you are anything like me and 90% of the guys here, we will never be big enough. If I gain 15pounds I look the same to myself pretty much, even though others are complimenting me on how much bigger I've gotten. Confidence is a lot deeper than superficial looks. Your lack of confidence may lie much deeper than lack of muscle.

You may want to try to get at the root of your lack of confidence. Maybe see a psychologist even, they can be helpful, I have plenty of friends who have seen them for minor things. You don't have to be a nut-job to go see one Maybe this doesn't apply to you, but a lot of bro's posts I read talk about wanting to gain confidence and although I can see how AAS might help, if the problem is psychological AAS will do nothing for it. Just something to mull over.

Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way, it was not my intention.

McBain I think you make a lot of sense. AS can't be used as a "cure-all" for what is a self-esteen problem. Seeing a qualified therapist is recommended in many cases.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Iron horse

I guess Im lucky.
    I shouldn't say I was totaly lucky!!

any young guys hear worried about ance or hairloss??

I took small amounts of steroids , after that, terrible acne which needed accutane, and my hair was fallening out at incredible rates.

luckly now, clear skin and new hair growth!!! luckly things improved!!!

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    McBain I think you make a lot of sense. AS can't be used as a "cure-all" for what is a self-esteen problem. Seeing a qualified therapist is recommended in many cases.

or you can save the money and slap yourself silly to clear your head... Life is too short to be down all the time... Confidence has to come from within, so it can shine thru in all walks of life..

McBain is offline Member

or you can save the money and slap yourself silly to clear your head... Life is too short to be down all the time... Confidence has to come from within, so it can shine thru in all walks of life..
    I couldn't agree with you more bro; however there are some people out there who are unable to do this by themselves. I think attitude has a lot to do with it, positive attitude means positive things will happen to you. But like I said, sometimes if the issue is rooted deep in one's psyche or it is a subconscious problem, a psychiatrist might be one's only hope. I guess it depends on how you view the human mind. Personally I'm a Freudian basically

Originally posted by McBain
    I know I don't know you personally so this advice may not be welcomed, if it is not welcome, I am sorry I said it, I don't mean to offend you in any way. That being said, lack of confidence might not be fixed by simply getting bigger bro. If you are anything like me and 90% of the guys here, we will never be big enough. If I gain 15pounds I look the same to myself pretty much, even though others are complimenting me on how much bigger I've gotten. Confidence is a lot deeper than superficial looks. Your lack of confidence may lie much deeper than lack of muscle.

You may want to try to get at the root of your lack of confidence. Maybe see a psychologist even, they can be helpful, I have plenty of friends who have seen them for minor things. You don't have to be a nut-job to go see one Maybe this doesn't apply to you, but a lot of bro's posts I read talk about wanting to gain confidence and although I can see how AAS might help, if the problem is psychological AAS will do nothing for it. Just something to mull over.

Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way, it was not my intention.
    Na dude, you haven't offended me at all. What you say is very valid and makes plenty of sense.

I think I actually exagurated (sp?) when I said that my confidence is so bad. I mean, it's actually not that bad when I think about it. Everything is going well with me so far, I think I meant to say that with steroids and more size/cut I would just feel so much better psychologically that it would make me feel better.

I don't know about the psychiatrist part, I'm taking psychology in Univ. and i know they can be quite helpfull and all, I don't think i'd need to see one though, I'm not doing that bad (although it's not a bad idea, if I had the money).

Like I said, I know about steroids, I know that I'm ready, both psychologically and physically, and well...it's just a matter of time.

Freud does have some good points, but all that unconsious stuff, he takes that a little too far. Also, don't forget, sometimes psychologists can fuck you up more then do you good. I know this from people who have experienced it first hand, so you have to be very careful.

McBain is offline Member
    Good to hear bro, I knew you were a knowledgable guy so I assumed the best, but felt I had to assume the worst while writing the post, if not for you, for others. I agree he does have his flaws. He was a bit fucked in the head himself.

Not sure if you are aware of this but there is a lot of skeptacism whether he was molested by his father at a young age. He wrote an article addressing the rampant sexual abuse of children and in that article he make implications that he was abused by his father sexually. There was such an uproar he backed down and started talking about Oedipus complex to try to gain back some respect from the community. (Sexual abuse at the time, and even today as we all know is quiet tabu (sp?)).

EDIT: Also I totally understand what you mean by a little confidence booster by getting bigger. Confidence definitely does go up a bit (at least for me) when I make significant gains and I get compliments or have chicks grabbing my arms

Thread Information