musclestack is offline Productive Member

help...a little confused

Hey, fellas. I've been on cycle for 4 weeks now. Consists of Anadrol , Test E, and Tren . Ace. (didn't start the Tren until beginning of this week). Anyways, strength increase is sky-rocketing...well...all but one area. My bench has only gone up about 3 or 4 reps. While all my other main power lifts have gone up about 40 lbs. The only thing that I can think of is that I changed my chest routine up a bit. Here's what I used to do:

Flat bench barbell
    Incline Barbell
    Decline Barbell
    Flies
    (4 sets apiece)

Here's what I changed it to:

Flat bench barbell
    Incline Dumbell
    Dips
    Flies
    (all 4 sets apiece)

The reason that I changed it up is cuz a lot of people here told me that all those barbell presses were unnecessary. Well, I'll tell you this much, every cycle I've been on, with the routine I used to do before I changed it, my strength went up through the roof every week. Starting this next week, I'll be changing it back to my old routine. Other than that, is there anything else that you guys can think of that I'm doing wrong as to why my strength is lacking in this area??? Or do you think that my opinion is prolly correct?

Thanks,
    MS

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    You have to go with what works for you. Is your primary emphasis on strength, or size?

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    You have to go with what works for you. Is your primary emphasis on strength, or size?
    I don't mean to sound greedy, but BOTH. I want it all

Changing my routine works for me. When I get stuck I'll switch from barbells to dumbbells. Then after about 2 or 3 weeks I'll switch back.....been doin' that for awhile. Plus changing your routine keeps your workouts from getting boring.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    this may not be a popular opinion, but i doubt it has much to do with your training...you're probably a big boy, and have been lifting for some time...i'd be willing to chalk this one up to genetics...

take two different guys, about the same size, give 'em the same sauce and the same routine/diet...it's doubtful that they'll develop identically...

my partner trains just as intensely as i do, and on the scale he's close to my weight, probably close to my bf%, but that poor bastard just can't do shit on a flat bench...not sure why, his arms and chest look about as big as mine...

i could easily stand corrected, this is just my opinion...btw, changing your routine and adding drops sets, etc. is a good way to break past plateaus...just wanted to agree

AM

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    this may not be a popular opinion, but i doubt it has much to do with your training...you're probably a big boy, and have been lifting for some time...i'd be willing to chalk this one up to genetics...

take two different guys, about the same size, give 'em the same sauce and the same routine/diet...it's doubtful that they'll develop identically...

my partner trains just as intensely as i do, and on the scale he's close to my weight, probably close to my bf%, but that poor bastard just can't do shit on a flat bench...not sure why, his arms and chest look about as big as mine...

i could easily stand corrected, this is just my opinion...btw, changing your routine and adding drops sets, etc. is a good way to break past plateaus...just wanted to agree

AM
    Thanks for the input, bro. I will have to disagree, however. Last cycle, I finished benching 335 for 3 reps. Right now, I'm benching 275 lbs. for 5 reps (dropped some strength due to an illness). So, I know I can bench much more than this; I just don't know why all my other presses are sky-rocketing and my bench is still fairly weak.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Changing my routine works for me. When I get stuck I'll switch from barbells to dumbbells. Then after about 2 or 3 weeks I'll switch back.....been doin' that for awhile. Plus changing your routine keeps your workouts from getting boring.

DS hit it right on the head. It's not that one routine is better then the other. Unaccustomed stimulus is the key to muscle growth. Switch it up as much as possible so both you and your muscles dont get accustomed to the same frequent movements.
    Take your first routine and run with it for 2-3 weeks. Guaranteed you wont be as sore the first week as you will the 3rd time tried. Then try the 2nd one listed for 2-3 then flip flop certain exercises from the 2. There are endless amounts of exercises, especially for such a large complex body part as the Chest. Have fun with it and get big brotha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    DS hit it right on the head. It's not that one routine is better then the other. Unaccustomed stimulus is the key to muscle growth. Switch it up as much as possible so both you and your muscles dont get accustomed to the same frequent movements.
    Take your first routine and run with it for 2-3 weeks. Guaranteed you wont be as sore the first week as you will the 3rd time tried. Then try the 2nd one listed for 2-3 then flip flop certain exercises from the 2. There are endless amounts of exercises, especially for such a large complex body part as the Chest. Have fun with it and get big brotha!!!!

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer

I learn from the best

Thread Information