Thread: anavar

james7 is offline New Member

anavar

Hi im an athlete looking to get bigger and stronger in the safest way possible with the assistance of steroids . I think I am going to try anavar . I have heard that mass gains are possible, but I have also heard that only strength gains are possible because anavar supresses the appitite. Again im not looking for an insanely strong steroid , but does anyone think I can still make effective gains with anavar?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    anavar is very mild,low androgenic it promotes strength gains and hardness without the water,it doesnt aromatise so no gyno or hypertention, you can use it as part of a bulking stack to enhance other products, why dont you use a test only cycle i have gain good on just test only might be better for you and more affective

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I will start by saying I have no personal experience with Anavar only cycles... but I believe an Anavar only cycle would give you some good keepable gains with low sides... but obviously nothing too dramatic... just a slight edge on your competition...do it bro and let us know... i would lean towards doing up to 100mg a day though... although that may be excessive to you... don't even think about anything under 50mg/day though! good luck!

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    What are your stats that helps too. With anavar no matter what dose you run if its under 100mg don't be expect more then 5pounds if that. But 3-4pounds of lean muscle is possible and it goes along way plus you get real goood strenght gains.

Sprinter1 is offline New Member
    I am also an athlete, and after much research, started my first ever cycle of Anavar only 2 weeks ago. I am doing very short cycles though. I am starting with a 3 week cycle, then 3 off, followed by a 4 week cycle, then 4 weeks off. I will throw in a final 4 week cycle to take me up to the end of the year, before i start indoor competion.

Im taking 30mg a day, all in the morning.

Here are my results so far.

First of all, you do notice a lot of vascularity with it. I got that after a couple of days. Ive got veins all over my arms and shoulders, and am totally ripped. Im not sure if the var has made any more cut, because i was already at 6% bf before i started.

Secondly, it definately does increase your strength levels. Before I started the cycle, my best ever 1rm bench press was 140kg (308 pounds) at a weight of 188 pounds (6ft tall). Last week, i benched 130kg (286) for 4 reps, and 3 sets. Before, by best ever at that weight was 2. I'm cleaning 105kg (231 pounds) for 5 reps, and 3 sets. My best ever before that was 5 reps for 100kg (220 pounds). Half squats now at 440 pounds for 6 reps, up from 396 pounds. And I haven't even really pushed myself yet. I will be doing that this week, and believe ill hit 330 pounds bench, 286 cleans and 550kg half squats.

There have been absolutely no side effects whatsoever, and my sex drive is as high as ever. In fact, ive been waking up with huge boners, and had my best sex in 5 years last night with my partner.

So, i feel im well placed to advice you on this issue, and ill say go for it, but dont exceed 30mgs a day. Theres just no need. You are a sprinter, not a bodybuilder. If you anything like myself, any slight weight training (even circuits) makes you pack on muscle mass. And this is definately a no no for sprinters. What you want is to be lean but powerful. Any unneccesary mass will make you less mobile, and will adversely affect your sprinting. Do lots of plyos to complement the weights, and keep training hard on the track to remain lean.

Take a look at the top sprinters such as Asafa Powell and Justin Gatlin. They are very lean, and don't carry much muscle mass, but are incredibly powerful.

Hope this helps bro

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1

Im taking 30mg a day, all in the morning.
    Not a very good idea, considering the half life of the compound!

Splitting that dose up over the course of the day would yield more constant blood levels and THAT is a key to making it work.

~SC~

Sprinter1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Not a very good idea, considering the half life of the compound!

Splitting that dose up over the course of the day would yield more constant blood levels and THAT is a key to making it work.

~SC~
    Thanks for the advice. I will try splitting it up throughout the day and see if it yields better results.

Much appreciated.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    What are your stats that helps too. With anavar no matter what dose you run if its under 100mg don't be expect more then 5pounds if that. But 3-4pounds of lean muscle is possible and it goes along way plus you get real goood strenght gains.
    thats all accordin to the individual mate,my friend is runnin 50mg of var ed into his 4th week and hes put on 7lb,lost fat and gained 7lb.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1
    Thanks for the advice. I will try splitting it up throughout the day and see if it yields better results.

Much appreciated.
    Good deal!

~SC~

manitou is offline New Member
    how about stacking it with EQ would you gain more lean mass and low sides

james7 is offline New Member
    i'm an idiot....
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 01-14-2006 at 04:59 PM.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I like it when SC throws the input in

Thread Information