rookie84 is offline Banned

injecting yourself!!!

I've been on the juice for several weeks now, I have been getting injected by other people. Today I injected myself for the first time, I'm wondering if it's possible to screw it up and miss the muscle or something like that. I injected in the butt. If so, what are the consequences?

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member

rookie84 is offline Banned
    I appreciate the link, but that still doesn't answer my question. I know where to inject, but I'm wondering about the angles and if it's possible to miss the glut all together, and if so, what are the consequences of that.

Cylon is offline Junior Member
    As long as you are asperating you should not screw things up. If you are not, then I would suggest you start!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes you can screw up an injection. c-bino posted this pic (and there are many like them) about glute injections

The main thing you want to be concerned about with glutes especially is the sciatic nerve.

But as far as missing the muscle goes, that'd be really tricky thing to do so long as you aspirate . There are good places and bad places to inject on each muscle, and the spotinjections page handles those very well. Don't put too much worry on the angles, just inject at what angle seems best to you. Usually delts, bi's, tri's I shoot at about 90*. Glutes and pecs I shoot at about 45*-70*. Traps I shoot at about 45* and lats I shoot at about 90*. But don't spend too much time trying to get the angles perfect, you just need experience and it will all come together for you.

AVAGO is offline Member
    The glute shot on spotinjections is wrong, the attached picture is the correct place to shoot for glutes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails injecting yourself!!!-injection-spot-gluteus-medius_.jpg  

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    it's not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    The glute shot on spotinjections is wrong, the attached picture is the correct place to shoot for glutes
    That is the medial glute not gluteus maximus. Both are good.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Comparison...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails injecting yourself!!!-glute2.jpg  

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    No way AVAGO, that looks crazy, I always inject where spotinjections mention, that is not the outer quadrant.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needle_Newb
    No way AVAGO, that looks crazy, I always inject where spotinjections mention, that is not the outer quadrant.

are you saying the second picture i posted ?

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm cool on stabbing my hip

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    i'm cool on stabbing my hip

as allready stated its the gluteus medius
    Last edited by AVAGO; 10-03-2005 at 12:19 PM.

AVAGO is offline Member

Like........ did you realise you just fukd up ehh ?

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie84
    I appreciate the link, but that still doesn't answer my question. I know where to inject, but I'm wondering about the angles and if it's possible to miss the glut all together, and if so, what are the consequences of that.

My apologys for the hijack, in response to your original question, if you shoot in the wrong place, you could possibly hit a sciatic nerve, this will probably cause you to wake up 5 mins later with a broken needle in your ass, after passing out. Or possibly blood vessels but as long as you aspirate this wont be such a problem.

If you shoot where i showed you in the first picture this will not be a problem, as there are no sciatic nerves or major blood vessels.

Peace......

If your having problems finding your glutes for self injection I would suggest trying the quad, The quads are also large enough to take higher ammounts of oil and in my opinion the least painful and most accessable( IE: sitting in a chair). But I have always had big legs so it makes it easier for me.

Peace
    Alex

That first pic looks wrong to me, plus it looks very painfull.

This is where I do it

AVAGO is offline Member
    That first pic looks wrong to me, plus it looks very painfull.

so the fact that you find it looks wrong means it s in the wrong position damn next time me or my gal go to the hospital for a jab ima tell them that there doing it all wrong...

This is im afraid correct information given to medical health profesionals world wide...............you may reaserch further if you wish

wink182 is offline Associate Member
    Why do you have pics like that on your harddrive? is ther something you wanna tell us mate?

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wink182
    Why do you have pics like that on your harddrive? is ther something you wanna tell us mate?

Yes actually.............

The picture on spotinjections is wrong and also dont call me mate

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    This is where I do it
    That spot look OK - like everyone says just stay in the upper outer quadrant, aspirate , and you'll be fine. I shoot about 3.5" below my pelvic bone on the outer quadrant of the glute and never had a problem.

Both sites are good. I actually prefer gluteus medius because for me it is easier to reach.

Gluteus Medius:

Gluteus Maximus:

spambell is offline New Member
    So is it best to move around when using or just stay in the glutimus area

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie84
    I've been on the juice for several weeks now, I have been getting injected by other people. Today I injected myself for the first time, I'm wondering if it's possible to screw it up and miss the muscle or something like that. I injected in the butt. If so, what are the consequences?

why not just shoot in the quad?

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Look, if you're doing it in that region, you're going to be fine. There's no substitute for experience. Just don't go near the location of your sciatic - ze end.

thunderin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Both sites are good. I actually prefer gluteus medius because for me it is easier to reach.

Gluteus Medius:

Gluteus Maximus:
    I agree 100%

thisnamesux is offline Junior Member
    the tongue is a muscle, shoot it there... see how u get on

im joking of course

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    If you have a hard time reaching back there to give yourself an injection, which can happen if you're stiff in the shoulders from work-out, or you're glutes are just too... ahem, far back to reach try sitting on the bathroom counter when you inject. It's much easier to put your hand on the upper-outer quadrant, it "plumps" up the injection site (giving you enough meat for the 1 1/2" pin), and you've got the bathroom mirror to see where you're injecting and to keep the needle straight.

Good luck,

BigLittleTim

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Thats where I usually shoot for.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    I had a hard time letting someone else do it. I rather stick myself.
    You have not experienced the whole thing untill you do so and get a little into a vein and think you need to call 911 or something. Thats where its At bro!

coleb61 is offline New Member
    how bout more info on aspirating

????TESTO is offline New Member
    how about chest injection, aspirating is a must its the only way you can tell if your ok to go ahead and shoot or if you hit a nerve or vein...

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ????TESTO
    how about chest injection, aspirating is a must its the only way you can tell if your ok to go ahead and shoot or if you hit a nerve or vein...

aspiration will only find out wether the needle is in a vein. Not sure what you mean but any intra muscular injetion needs to be aspirated

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coleb61
    how bout more info on aspirating

When the needle is in your muscle at the correct depth, pull back on the plunger keeping the needle still.. pull back about 10-20mm, if you are in a vein the syringe will quickly fill with blood. If not, an air bubble or two will come out and then it is safe to inject

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Yes you can screw up an injection. c-bino posted this pic (and there are many like them) about glute injections

The main thing you want to be concerned about with glutes especially is the sciatic nerve.

But as far as missing the muscle goes, that'd be really tricky thing to do so long as you aspirate. There are good places and bad places to inject on each muscle, and the spotinjections page handles those very well. Don't put too much worry on the angles, just inject at what angle seems best to you. Usually delts, bi's, tri's I shoot at about 90*. Glutes and pecs I shoot at about 45*-70*. Traps I shoot at about 45* and lats I shoot at about 90*. But don't spend too much time trying to get the angles perfect, you just need experience and it will all come together for you.
    Just happened to pass by this thread, cool that you gave me cred. That is really good in my books man.
    I agree with Symatech when sayin spotinjections.com is the place to go, but also teh fact that you erally gotta figure it out for urself in some respects. My most important piece of advice on self-injecting is just do it, if you get tensed up or nervous you will flex making the injections more painful for one thing and also you wont enjoy the experience. Just load up the syringe and go for it, don't do what I did and wait around the first time staring at the site and thinking oh god oh god oh god. Keep urself loose and it will slide in without a worry.

-Bino

nalbano34 is offline Member
    an ass is an ass....just hit it!!!!! Can not miss that large a muscle

Thread Information