Freeman is offline New Member

Need Advice on the Science of Test Receptors

I’m nearing the end of my second cycle and I have notice a phenomenon consistent with both cycles: for the first six weeks I grow like a weed and then the gains taper off to a trickle for the last six.

Considering that you grow so much faster on your first cycle because of the number of receptors your body has looking to attach to the little test that is in your body (pre-any juicing), and considering that when using clen , the effectiveness begins to reduce as the receptors that it attaches to get used up, I was wondering two things:

1) Is the tapering off of gains after the first six weeks of my cycles due to many of my receptors that attract test being used up?

2) If yes, is there a way to replenish them to continue to get consistent gains? Benedryl is supposed to work for clen...but this ain’t no clen! -or- would a different strategy than 12 on 12 off be in order?

...discuss...

Unoid is offline Member
    It amkes sense like any drugs, Your body starts building a resistance and requires higher dosages to get the same effect.

After 6+ weeks usually the recepters start to get a tad burnt out, plus cortisol starts kicking in more than before.

Is this a consistent phenomenon? Have others experienced this? It would be fasinating to find a way to "reset" the receptors.

j martini is offline Member
    I dont think there is any definite answer, apart from peoples opinion to whether receptor site down regulation/saturation occurs with AAS.

But remember that you make gains faster the first 6 weeks as a lot of this is water retention, thereafter what you gain is true bodyweight.

Also most people start their first cycle too early, and are not near their genetic max. Usually when someone at a more advanced level starts AAS there gains are not as good as someone who really has no place using AAS yet.

So do you think the post 6 week gains are the same as the first six weeks but just with less water retention? I would think so, except that I take some herbs to cut down on water retention (which works really well) and still I notice the same.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    i'll tackle it from another perspective, if i may...for bodybuilders who are consistently using year round, gains are much more steady...the reason is, they usually bridge between cycles, and manage to maintain most of their gains by this means and/or with proper pct, diet and training...therefore, when they begin another cycle, they haven't lost much from the previous, and so gains are gradual but positive...

for most of us, however, we tend to slack a little between cycles, run improper pct, etc...therefore, when our next cycle rolls around, we've probably lost most of what we gained from the previous cycle...does any of this make sense? now i'm not saying everyone's like this, just a thought...

AM

j martini is offline Member
    True, i know many people who train much harder and are far more strict with there diet when they are on. Never understood why its like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Freeman i think if someone was to use tren acetate on its own for 12 weeks(i dont reccomend it) the gains would be gradual and even over the 12 weeks. That would point to water retention being the large majority of gains being made during the first 6 weeks with test for example.

Thats why many people run short 6 week cycles because they thought there growth slowed at this point, although IMO the opposite is the case between weeks 6-12 is whrn you make your real, keepable gains.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    the opposite is the case between weeks 6-12 is whrn you make your real, keepable gains.
    exactly

Jack Rabbit Slim is offline Associate Member
    As far as recepters are concerned, i heard that taking GH "creates" more recepters. I am not certain of this it is just what i heard. Maybe someone can conferm this or not.

Titan1 is offline Member
    its steroids that are creating more receptors so you dont have to rest the receptors thats not why you stop growing

Thread Information