Doors is offline Junior Member

Aspiration?? Injection question

Hey guys, I'm a little confused about the whole aspiration procedure of injecting. This is going to be my first inject. I already have the glutes picked out. ok now after filling and stabbing myself, Should I pull it up to see what goes into the syring or just go ahead and inject. Thanks for the help guys.

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Aspiration, by deifinition, means to draw suction.

With regards to an injection, you draw the plunger back to see if any blood collects in the needle. If blood does collect in the needle, remove and discard it and prepare another. If not, push in the plunger slowly until it is empty.

I tust that you understand the other pre/post procedures that go along with an injection?

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    yes pull back on the plunger , if blood flows into the syringe,take out and inject in another spot.

The Godfather is offline Junior Member
    personally i never aspirate , and have never had any problems with my shots

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    After penetration, gently pull back on the plunger. A tiny vaccum bubble will appear in the barrel of the syringe. This is what you are looking for and it is safe to continue with the injection

If blood rushes into the syringe you are in a vein and it is then necessary to remove the syringe, change pins and try again in a slightly different location.

Doors is offline Junior Member
    Ok thanks guys for clearing that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather
    personally i never aspirate, and have never had any problems with my shots
    Aspiration only takes a couple of seconds. Chances are you won't be in a vein and aspiration just confirms this. Why not take the extra couple of seconds and be sure ?

The Godfather is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Aspiration only takes a couple of seconds. Chances are you won't be in a vein and aspiration just confirms this. Why not take the extra couple of seconds and be sure ?
    yeah i feel you, but my first cycle was all glute shots and i just couldn't seem to pull back on the plunger with one hand without the needle moving all over the place, i'd give it a short tug, wait for a couple of secs then jab, surely if i was in a vien there would be little resistance from the plunger if i tried to pull it back (as the blood would want to rush in) and i expect i'd be able to feel a fair bit of discomfort if i was in a vien, its pretty damm rare anyway, but i agree its better to be safe than sorry

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    you don't feel anymore discomfort in a vein that you would anywhere else... just give it a little pull and you'll be fine... and your first few injections in glutes will be sloppy but it's ok.. you'll LIVE!

I can't comfortably reach my gluteus maximus (rear glute) so I inject my gluteus medius (side glute). It is easy as pie and I can aspirate with ease. I also regularly hit Vastus lateralis (side quad), Rectus femoris (upper middle quad), Delts, and Pecs as part of my rotation. All easy to reach and aspirate.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I can reach my glutes now but I've lost 55lbs most of which was muscle...
    but I use the same rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I can't comfortably reach my gluteus maximus (rear glute) so I inject my gluteus medius (side glute). It is easy as pie and I can aspirate with ease. I also regularly hit Vastus lateralis (side quad), Rectus femoris (upper middle quad), Delts, and Pecs as part of my rotation. All easy to reach and aspirate.

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Not aspirating an intramuscular shot is completely asinine. Sure, the chances of directly hitting a vein are realtively small, but why would you even consider risking it?

I take my shots in the glut. max. and can aspirate them with one hand. Use your index, middle finger, and thumb to hold the shot into place. Then use your ring finger to slide the plunger back. Although, you may need to look in the mirror to get a better view of what you're doing.

Thread Information