orosco is offline Associate Member

Steroids while on Accutane?

Im in my 2nd month of good ole tane. I plan on using it for a good 6 months. Its the 2nd time im taking it. The first time didnt do the job, plus i cut it at 5 months..Anyways, I wanted to know...

1. would juicing ( not taking orals/ winny) **** my body up while on tane.....AND

2. would juice defeat the purpose of the accutane treatment? e.g Will my skin become clear even though im on the juice which makes your skin more oily.

orosco is offline Associate Member
    Someone has to have input on this...

from what ive been told, its not a good idea to use Accutane and steroids together... mainly because both do hell on your liver and kidneys. if you got accutane through a doc you know you have to go fro regular blood tests to make sure your liver is functioning properly. personally i wouldnt risk it. finish out the accutane, then thin about juicing again.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    yo bro, I have had bad ance myself (both on and off gear) and so i go to my dermatologist often. I got a bunch of ance meds. There are many ance meds you should NOT use if you on juice and/or in the irongame.

My dermatologist doesnt recommend accutane for me, and probably only perscribes it very sparingly. Why? Accutane, like many acne meds, is based on vitamin A (a retinoid), you can die from vitamin A bro, it will really mess up your liver. Accutane is very hard on the liver and you cant have any extra vitamin A in the diet while on it. I have some retinoids, but they are topical and so are 'safe' in this regard.

Other oral meds for acne are antibiotics that slow protein synthesis--bad news. For these reasons I just get my dermatologist to perscribe topical antibiotics and retinoids--no orals.

Thread Information