Thread: Weight Gain

Robert23fl is offline New Member

Weight Gain

I want to thank everyone for the helpful information that was given to me. I post a thread talking about taking steroids , but with the advice everyone gave me it seems like i am staying away from it. I just want to know how can i put on a lot of weight. Should i buy some weight gainer, because i ask the sales guy at the store and he stays weight gainer has too much sugar in it. I been taking protein shakes but no effects. If someone can provide me with a menu to follow or any other helpful hints to gain some weight i would greatly appreciate it.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    hit up proteinfactory.com.You can custom make your own weight gainer powder A lot of older weight gainers had a ton of sugar in them, but they've got a lot better over the years. You might want to post this in the diet forum also.

Darkness is offline Member
    Just spend more time in the Diet forum, workout and lifting forums. You'll see that the knowledge gained will help you gain weight. 90% of the people that cant gain have a bad diet routine.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    make sure your having your required protien throughout the day, when i want to gain more mass i put oats into my protien shakes that always adds afew pounds without the added sugar of the weight gainers

Robert23fl is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    hit up proteinfactory.com.You can custom make your own weight gainer powder A lot of older weight gainers had a ton of sugar in them, but they've got a lot better over the years. You might want to post this in the diet forum also.

i am taking myoplex protein drinks that have 500 calories in each one. The guy at the health store told me to just take one a day. What do you recommend?

Ive always been told that if you cant eat it then drink it.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert23fl
    i am taking myoplex protein drinks that have 500 calories in each one. The guy at the health store told me to just take one a day. What do you recommend?
    I like EAS, but I hate the price. That said, I haven't purchased a name brand protein powder, MRP, or weight gainer in years. For the price you paid for your Myoplex you could have got double the serving at proteinfactory. I would use the gainer shake at least twice a day. Post w/o, and maybe when you wake up. I try to limit my powder use to when I wake up, post work out, and prior to going to bed.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert23fl
    The guy at the health store is an idiot. Reason being, he says to take one a day, yet knows NOTHING about what the rest of your dietary intake looks like.

That's just outright dumb.

I suggest you get to the DIET FORUM, read the "important" posts atop the page and put those suggestions into practice. You can then present your approach to the diet forum so members can critique it. Unless you have a soldified intelligent/sound approach, you are going to be spinning your wheels getting no-where fast.

~SC~

Big Vick is offline Associate Member
    Make your own weight-gainer...

-Oats (carbs)
    -Banana (more carbs)
    -Natty PB (good fat)
    -Protein Powder
    -Skim Milk

2 of those per day added on to the diet you have now will put on some weight. Just find out how many calories your body is burning everyday, and exceed that by 500+ It's basic stuff, eat more than you burn and the scale should start moving!

GoodLuck

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    myoplex BLAH , when i use to take that stuff it was like drinking pancake mix... ...........mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pancakes

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The guy at the health store is an idiot. Reason being, he says to take one a day, yet knows NOTHING about what the rest of your dietary intake looks like.

That's just outright dumb.

I suggest you get to the DIET FORUM, read the "important" posts atop the page and put those suggestions into practice. You can then present your approach to the diet forum so members can critique it. Unless you have a soldified intelligent/sound approach, you are going to be spinning your wheels getting no-where fast.

~SC~
    Took the words out of my mouth as always. You know what GNC stands for? Got No Clue! Read the important and stickies and THEN ask ?'s. You'll get the help you need.

Thread Information