Avandia tablet form of Insulin. Anyone tried?

Has anyone tried Avandia instead of the usual insulin , and if yes, did you see any differences? What are your general opinions on this drug?

I would mostly appreciate advice from those who have actually used it. Someone suggested it for my next cycle. (It seems pretty logical to take this postworkout also).

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    Has anyone tried Avandia instead of the usual insulin , and if yes, did you see any differences? What are your general opinions on this drug?

I would mostly appreciate advice from those who have actually used it. Someone suggested it for my next cycle. (It seems pretty logical to take this postworkout also).
    Avandia (and actos) is an insulin sensitizer, it binds to PPAR receptors within muscle and fat cells to facilitate diffusion of glucose accros the cell. In other words, it is used to decrease insulin resistance, increase insulin sensitivity and therefore allows the body to use it's own endogenous insulin.

Because it works at the cellular level, it is not like insulin or even metormin where it works right away and is affected by food and excercise. It takes up to 12 weeks to see maximal efficacy (altough some results are seen as early as 4 weeks after you start taking it)and therefore would be needed to take over the long term. If you were to encorporate it into a 12 week cycle for example, it wont even fully start to work until the end of the cycle.

So yes, it seems logical to take it but keeping in mind you cannot manipulate it the way you can insulin. It's very expensive and not worth the money imo unless you plan on taking it long term. Also, some of the side effects are peripheral edema, weight gain and increased LDL levels, just an FYI

Thread Information