Jsik98 is offline Member

Debate between friends, what do you guys think?

Well, in an effort to keep this post rather brief, I'll quickly sum up the debate and leave it open for opinions. My buddy and I were debating whether or not gains made from steroids are maintainable for the long term. I argued that yes, as long as someone does proper PCT, continues eating enough calories, and keeps workout intensity high, they will be able to keep gains made on juice longterm........He argued that he's seen many of his friends who stopped cycling lose MUCH of what they had "back in the day." My obvious response was that they must have slowed down in their eating and training intensity. However, the truth is, I don't know the real answer to that! We left the debate with me stating that I'll prove that you can keep gains. He's at college so we only see each other once in a while which is cool b/c when we see each other we can really notice the changes. This last time we saw each other he just happened to be leaning out (but at his all time strongest hitting 315 on the incline) and I was 15 lbs below my biggest (but I'd say in the best overall shape ever) and he was blown away by my progress. I told him about my last cycle of prop and var and that's when it came up that "those gains are impossibe to keep." So I told him to see if I maintained it the next time we see each other and we left it at that!
    What do you guys think? Can someone keep gains let's say 2 years down the road w/out juicin that whole time? If you keep eating and training hard can you truly keep the same look? I know that when people take winny they get shredded and supposedly when you come off you lose most of the cut (never taken winny).....Is that true? Is all of this just for temporary aesthetics?
    Last edited by Jsik98; 09-12-2005 at 03:35 AM.

Pimp_C is offline Associate Member
    Not 100% sure but as long as you diet and train, you will keep most of the gains, but also lose some. You will still end up bigger than you started though.

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_C
    You will still end up bigger than you started though.
    I def agree with that!

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe if one has far exceeded their genetic potential with the use of aas, then their gains would be very difficult if not impossible to maintain with the cessation of aas. Inversely, if one is at or below their genetic potential, then I'd be inclined to agree with your assumption about diet, training etc. enabling one to maintain gains.

falker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I believe if one has far exceeded their genetic potential with the use of aas, then their gains would be very difficult if not impossible to maintain with the cessation of aas. Inversely, if one is at or below their genetic potential, then I'd be inclined to agree with your assumption about diet, training etc. enabling one to maintain gains.
    Concures with everything I have read about one's potential to successfully cycle and maintain gains. muscular development had a nice article on this subject a while back.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Very well put.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    A lot of it has to do with keeping yourself in an anabolic state, upon termination of AAS, diet would be the key to this.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Personally I tend to drop off a little in size and quite a bit in strength immediately after discontinuing, but over the next 10 wks or so seem to get my strength up to where I was on gear. So for me it has been great, it's like each cycle allows me to reach a new natural max.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    We need to remember we are all different. Some juice and keep most of their gains and some juice and loose alot. Factors like diet, training, sleep, rest, recovery, supplements and lifestyle come into play here not to mention genetics. I have never juiced before but my mate has and he went from 215lbs-255lbs from doing deca and dbol for 6 weeks. After 10 weeks he only lost about 7-10lbs but he he eventually went back down to about 225lbs because he didnt juice for 6 months.

I think eventaully you will slowly loose your gains depending on genetics. He proved this because hes was off for 10 weeks and lost only 7-10lbs but then he stayed off for 6 months and eventually lost 30lbs. So it depends on what you mean by 'keep gains'. Keep gains after 10 weeks or keep gains after a year or two.

Thread Information