dazbo is offline Senior Member

Idea for a sticky......any good ??

Hi

My mother just found out that I have used steroids . She is not happy. Tried talking me out of them etc etc.

Anyway, I said if she wants me to I can print out lots of info to prove that they really arent that bad! That its all myths and media hype etc etc.

So, she said yes she wants to see them! Now that means that I need to fish around for this info with some solid proof of at least that the bad sides can be controlled if used properly. My excellent bloodwork results after 2 cycles are not enuff for her for some reason! (http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...80#post2081680)

So, I thought, it would be a great idea for the mods, the members and who ever wants to, to post into a section (Seperate forum) for steroid myths and truths etc. Hooker Im sure would do a great job at this!!

Yes, it will make my life a lot easier in this case, but Im sure everyone of us has this problem at some point! And, Im sure a lot of you's out there that have already been thru this, have the info and links right there just to post to us guys!!

Anyway, if someone could start it off/open the new forum/sticky or whatever, tyhen that'd be great. And/or just post some info on this post please! I will really appreciate it!!

thanks

darren

bump

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    I think it would fit into the "others" section, like the Lounge... offtopic, etc.
    Just IMO!

anyone elsehave thoughts on this then ?

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    My thought is that at 24 your an adult and free to chose whatever path you want to. If my mother said she was unhappy about me being on then I would have to tell her to put up with it or leave me alone

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    My thought is that at 24 your an adult and free to chose whatever path you want to. If my mother said she was unhappy about me being on then I would have to tell her to put up with it or leave me alone
    im damn near 40 and i wouldn't talk that way to my mother...she did give birth to you for cryn out loud

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Dont get me wrong, I am not suggesting that you disrespect your parents, but for me taking gear was a choice I made to improve the standard of my life after a career in sport left me with a lot of pain and injury. Therefore if she wanted to see me in pain and wouldnt accept my decison, what kind of mother would that make her?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think we need something like this ... just for everyday usage .... i mean just to dispell all the bullshit that surrounds users whether it be the media talkin shit, or ur parents, or whoever else might just talk out of their ass .... something like this is needed in order to educate the "parrots" out there

falker is offline Associate Member
    I agree with dazbo, to many times I have heard peeps with no knowledge rip into others who even mention steroids , clen , effedrin...
    Just the other day I was in a heated dispute with my sis about clen and effedrin, just because some moron baseball player with a heart condition took to much effedrin and played all dam day in the sun and died everyone thinks it's horrible on your body.

My mom thinks steroids are the worse thing ever, I told her to show me anyone who was knowledgable on the subject who subsequently died from his AAS intake then I'll show her 1000 cases where the AAS were benificial to thier health and outlook on life.
    She mentioned some kid who killed himself after taking AAS and I replied that yes indeed AAS can make you depressed when comming off if you don't know what your doing but there's a well thought out and tested PCT regime to combat any sides caused from comming off the stuff.
    She shut-up!

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falker
    Just the other day I was in a heated dispute with my sis about clen and effedrin, just because some moron baseball player with a heart condition took to much effedrin and played all dam day in the sun and died everyone thinks it's horrible on your body.
    First of all some of us happened to know the person .... so y dont u show some ****in respect .... the guy was no way a moron ... he was just lookin for a way to shed some excess weight ... so u need to relax and realize what ur saying .... cause people do take offense to that shit

kungen1234 is offline Junior Member
    Why bother? have her bloodwork done, if she is anything like the avg. american her cholesterol levels will be all to hell as she chews down her next doublecheeseburger and criticizes you for being "unhealthy". (no pun intended towards your mom).

nice to see you's agree on this.

I know she has high BP and cholesterol, but then she is 54! She also takes a good few meds each day, which she agrees they are prob bad for her but thinks she has to take them - whether she does HAVE to or not is another Q, I personally think she just likes taking stuf!

Anyway, if someone could find some studies and things on this, like if they have it on their comp ready to post up please do. I will get looking as soon as I get time but working long shifts at work lately so struggling!

I dont think people realise that at the right doses, and with the right knowledge, any sides can be combatted and AAS is perfectly safe - and with no deaths PROVEN to be associated with the normal amounts most of us use. If anyone doesnt agree here then please prove me wrong!

Also, I dont think Falker was meaning to single out that guy, I think he was jus trying to demonstrate how the deaths associated with this stuff are only from the gear being abused, and by uneducated people etc, he just maybe picked the wrong example!

Thanks again

Thread Information